Shop Now
    Best Price for Lugols 5%

THIS looks very hard to beat:
    Medisca Lugol`s Solution (Strong Iodine) 500ml

500ml (16 Ozs) $40 Canadian

Best Price for Lugols 2%
    33 oz (1 Liter) $66 at Amazon.Com

Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 05-25-2012 at 06:20 AM.

Grizz is offline Banned
    HOW TO MAKE YOUR OWN 5% IODINE
    =========================

Recipe
    =============
    5 gm iodine
    10 gm potassium iodide
    100 ml of distilled water
    yields 6.3 mg Iodine per drop

Instructions

carefully measure out the iodine and potassium iodine with a digital scale that reads to 1/100th of a gram. measure out the water with a glass beaker that measures in milliliters. combine together in a glass container. dont breath the fumes while mixing. remember - everything must remain DRY (until mixing with water) and completely STERILE!! do not contaminate any of the ingredients or instruments.

Sources of materials listed in link:
    GOOD STUFF!! How to make your own Lugol's by Finallyfaith!!!!! at Iodine Supplementation Support by VWT Team (MessageID: 846535)

Grizz

oxide is offline Senior Member
    Well, I'm going to try all this starting next week. I still haven't signed up for the yahoo group because I hate signing up for new websites, but I have all the (expensive) supplements and Brazil nuts ready to go. I couldn't find the exact ATP cofactors, but I found a "co-enzyme" supplement with all the B's which I hope is close enough.

Grizz, did the supplements themselves give you side effects? I'm comfortable with the C, the D, and the Brazil nuts, and I love salt. But 400mg of magnesiusm scares me, so I will start with 200 mg at home. I don't know what the B's will do.

Meanwhile, I'm testing iodine on two small moles I have on my right big toe. I drip a small drop of 2% on each one and let it sit for a minute before rubbing it in. I've been doing that twice a day for five days, and maybe I think the skin looks a little thicker and puckery(?) around the whole area, but I can't tell. Could just be random irritation. If i see some noticeable difference, then I'll feel a lot better about this iodine stuff.

I checked curezone and can't find any sex-drive cure-all for women equivalent to the man-painting, no concrete testimonials. Dammit.
    5'0" female, 43 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Current weight: skinny-fat 106.5 lbs because of sugar cheating.

MY PRIMAL: I (try to) follow by-the-book primal as advocated by Mark Sisson, except for whey powder and a bit of cream. I aim for 80-90 g carb/day and advocate a two-month strict adjustment for newbies. But everybody is different and other need to tweak Primal to their own needs.

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by oxide View Post
    Well, I'm going to try all this starting next week. I still haven't signed up for the yahoo group because I hate signing up for new websites, but I have all the (expensive) supplements and Brazil nuts ready to go. I couldn't find the exact ATP cofactors, but I found a "co-enzyme" supplement with all the B's which I hope is close enough.

Grizz, did the supplements themselves give you side effects? I'm comfortable with the C, the D, and the Brazil nuts, and I love salt. But 400mg of magnesiusm scares me, so I will start with 200 mg at home. I don't know what the B's will do.

Meanwhile, I'm testing iodine on two small moles I have on my right big toe. I drip a small drop of 2% on each one and let it sit for a minute before rubbing it in. I've been doing that twice a day for five days, and maybe I think the skin looks a little thicker and puckery(?) around the whole area, but I can't tell. Could just be random irritation. If i see some noticeable difference, then I'll feel a lot better about this iodine stuff.

I checked curezone and can't find any sex-drive cure-all for women equivalent to the man-painting, no concrete testimonials. Dammit.
    If you are going to be repeatedly applying iodine to the same skin area, you are supposed to use a carrier oil so as to avoid irritating the skin. You can mix iodine with a little olive oil or grapeseed oil. Otherwise keep the iodine on the mole and away from your skin.

I advise that you follow doctors orders when taking required supplements, as advised by Dr. Brownstein. Otherwise you are at your own peril.

If you decide to supplement with iodine, you must take the REQUIRED supplements:
    - - tsp Natural Celtic Salt
    - - 200 mcg selenium (L-selenomethionine preferred)
    - - 400 mcg Magnesium - Glycinate preferred
    - - 2,000mg Vitamin C - Ester-C preferred
    - - ATP Cofactors - contains B2 & B3 in the correct ratio
    All are available at Amazon.Com. You are at your own peril by not following Doctors Orders. I learned a long time ago to listen to the doctor.

I have not had any side effects from any of the supplements.

You might search CureZone for things like:
    iodine female libido
    iodine douche
    iodine female sex drive
    iodine female sexuality
    You will get enough links written by women to keep you busy.

Hormone Receptors in the human body evolved to absorb iodine, and do not work well loaded up with Bromide, Fluoride, & Chlorine. Every cell in the human body requires iodine in order to respond properly to hormones, including male & female sex hormones.

Here is what helps the wife's libido the most. We consider this to be a MIRACLE product for women. The wife cannot enjoy her wall shaking, window rattling orgasms without it:
    Sylk Personal Lubricant Official Website
    We've tried them all, but nothing comes close to Sylk. K-Y products were the worst of all.

You might also enjoy this free website for just for women only, no signup required:
    http://dodsonandross.com/

Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 05-25-2012 at 11:40 AM.

Owl
    Owl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oxide View Post
    But 400mg of magnesiusm scares me, so I will start with 200 mg at home.
    I've been taking 800-1200mg of magnesium for months now. Start with 200, and work up, it's not scary. Magnesium citrate has a laxative effect. If you don't want that, take the glycinate or malate forms. Do not use the oxide kind, it's not well absorbed. Take magnesium in the evening, by itself - it will relax you and make you sleepy.
    The B vitamins will make your urine bright yellow-orange, no need to worry about it.
    Last edited by Owl; 05-25-2012 at 09:23 PM.

ljbprrfmof is offline Senior Member
    The SunKissed Southern Shore of Lake Erie in PA.
    I can report that testicle painting with about 30 drops of 2% Lugols seems to be making a difference for me. I just had a normal urinating day. I know that sounds weird, but since my stroke I had urgency and pants wetting problems, although the urgency was sometimes accompanied by standing and waiting. Today, I was able to actually wait to use the toilet. Now a teenager-like woodie seems like it is only a week away.

I do not recommend using oregano oil as a carrier oil. It burns on such sensitive skin. =\

Next, I'll try a couple of the coconut oil/iodine suppositories. o_O
    Learning the intricacies of healthy eating and nourishing my body the right way.
    I am not bald, that is a Vitamin D collector. Time to Grok and Roll!
    Eased into a primal diet starting at Christmas 2011. Goal weight - 205 started: 240 pounds waist 40, now 227 pounds and waist 38 Summer 2012 - weight =215 and waist is actually still 39"
    ljbprrfmof = LJ = Little John = John

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by pjlejialaja View Post
    I consistently find that on the days I take iodine I get a strange feeling in my lower neck/throat. Almost a little sore or like there is some pressure there.
    You are likely taking too much iodine to start, you must begin with 1/4 mg and are you taking the required supplements?
    If you are not taking ALL of the required supplements, then DO NOT TAKE IODINE AT ALL.
    http://tinyurl.com/iodine-references

Grizz

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ljbprrfmof View Post
    I can report that testicle painting with about 30 drops of 2% Lugols seems to be making a difference for me. I just had a normal urinating day. I know that sounds weird, but since my stroke I had urgency and pants wetting problems, although the urgency was sometimes accompanied by standing and waiting. Today, I was able to actually wait to use the toilet. Now a teenager-like woodie seems like it is only a week away.

I do not recommend using oregano oil as a carrier oil. It burns on such sensitive skin. =\

Next, I'll try a couple of the coconut oil/iodine suppositories. o_O
    John,

I am thrilled to hear your excellent report. It seems to me that there is no such thing as "Old Age Problems." What problems are left after eliminating all the known iodine deficiency problems? Very damn few, and most of whatever is left are likely related to dietary deficiency.

Have you seen this amazing video yet? Dr. Terry Wahls cures her crippling MS with diet alone !
    TEDxIowaCity - Dr. Terry Wahls - Minding Your Mitochondria - YouTube
    ( of course she started eating a lot of seaweed for iodine ) Makes you wonder how many "incurable" diseases are caused by iodine & mineral/vitamin deficiency.

Grizz

Grizz is offline Banned
    SURPRISE, SURPRISE, EXPOSING THE TRUTH
    ================================

I love this article. It gives us the truth about the thyroid that is so hard to find, and strips away the smokescreen of complexity.
    90% of Americans are likely to be hypothyroid, and thyroid blood testing may not be the best answer. All we need to look for is basal body temp and symptoms. Also surprising reasons why T3, T4 and TSH numbers can be misleading & wrong.

Until a little more than one hundred years ago, the single controlling force for all of the complex processes that go on in the human body was thought to be the nervous system. But there were too many phenomena that, when carefully analyzed, seemed to have no relationship to the nervous system, too many differences in people--in size and energy, for example--that could not be accounted for satisfactorily in terms of nervous activity alone. The explanation was to be found in certain glands, the endocrines, of which the thyroid is one and, in fact, one of the first to be discovered. Because commonly used tests for thyroid function are not accurate particularly when it comes to mild and even some moderate forms of hypothyroidism, and many if not most of those with low thyroid function remain undiscovered.

Since the hormones of the thyroid gland regulate metabolism in every cell of the body, a deficiency of thyroid hormones can affect virtually all bodily functions. The degree of severity of symptoms in the adult range from mild deficiency states which are not detectable with standard blood tests (subclinical hypothyroidism) to severe deficiency states which can be life-threatening (myxedema). There is an old medical saying that just a few grains of thyroid hormone can make the difference between an idiot and an Einstein. It aptly characterizes the thyroid as a quickener of the tempo of life. All of the endocrine glands play remarkable roles in the body's economy. Unlike the many millions of other glands such as the sweat glands in the skin, the salivary glands in the mouth, the tear glands in the eyes, which perform only local functions, the endocrine glands pour their hormone secretions into the bloodstream which carries them to all parts of the body. From the pea-sized pituitary gland at the base of the brain come hormones that influence growth, sexual development, uterine contraction in childbirth, and milk release afterward. The adrenals, rising like mushrooms from atop the kidneys, pour out more than a score of hormones, including hydrocortisone and adrenaline needed for the body's response to stress and injury. Also in the endocrine system are the sex glands—ovaries and testes; the pineal gland in the brain whose hormones play a role in nerve and brain functioning; the thymus behind the breastbone which appears to be involved in establishing the body's immunity function; and areas in the pancreas, the islets of Langerhans, which secrete insulin.

A large majority of the thyroid hormone secreted from the thyroid gland is T4, but T3 is the considerably more active hormone. Although some T3 is also secreted, the bulk of the T3 is derived by deiodination of T4 in peripheral tissues, by the enzyme thyroid peroxidase especially liver and kidney. Deiodination of T4 also yields reverse T3, a molecule with no known metabolic activity. Deficiency of thyroid hormone may be due to lack of stimulation by the pituitary gland, defective hormone synthesis or impaired cellular conversion of T4 to T3 (often caused by mercury toxicity). The pituitary gland regulates thyroid activity through the secretion of thyroid-stimulating hormone (TSH). The combination of low thyroid hormone and elevated TSH blood levels usually indicates defective thyroid hormone synthesis, which is defined as primary hypothyroidism. When TSH and thyroid hormone levels are both low, the pituitary gland is responsible for the low thyroid function, a situation termed secondary hypothyroidism. Normal blood thyroid hormone and TSH blood levels combined with low functional thyroid activity (as defined by a low basal metabolic rate) suggest cellular hypothyroidism.

Most estimates on the rate of hypothyroidism are based on the levels of thyroid hormones in the blood. This may result in a large number of people with mild hypothyroidism going undetected. Before the use of blood measurements, it was common to diagnose hypothyroidism based on basal body temperature (the temperature of the body at rest) and Achilles reflex time (reflexes are slowed in hypothyroidism). With the advent of sophisticated laboratory measurement of thyroid hormones in the blood, these "functional" tests of thyroid function fell by the wayside. However, it is known that the routine blood tests may not be sensitive enough to diagnose milder forms of hypothyroidism. The diagnosis of hypothyroidism by laboratory methods is primarily based on the results of total T4, free T4, T3, and TSH levels. The typical blood tests measure thyroxine (T4), which accounts for 90% of the hormone secretion by the thyroid. However, the form that affects the cells the most is T3 (triiodothyronine) which cells make from T4. If the cells are not able to convert T4 to the four-times more active T3, a person can have normal levels of thyroid hormone in the blood, yet be thyroid-deficient.

The enzyme thyroid peroxidase, converts T4 to T3 and is blocked by mercury in the body, primarily from dental mercury amalgam fillings and thimerosol, a mercury preservative found in vaccinations and other medicines. Genistein and daidzein from soy also inactivate thyroid peroxidase enzyme. In the case of T4 and T3, more than 99% is normally protein-bound in the blood. Less than 1% is free. Only the free hormone exerts biologic activity. The protein-bound hormone is inactive. The saliva test is a more accurate and sensitive way to assess thyroid function because new technology allows for direct measurement of the free thyroid hormones.

A better way of assessing thyroid function is to measure its effects on the body. This is done by measuring a person's resting metabolic rate, which is controlled by the thyroid gland. Dr. Broda Barnes found that measuring basal body temperature (description follows) was a good way of assessing basal metabolic rate (BMR) and thus the body's response to thyroid hormones, regardless of their blood levels. As mild hypothyroidism is the most common form of hypothyroidism, many people with hypothyroidism are going undiagnosed. The basal body temperature is the most sensitive functional test of thyroid function. Nonetheless, using blood levels of thyroid hormones as the criteria, it is estimated that between 1 and 4% of the adult population have moderate to severe hypothyroidism, and another 10-12% have mild hypothyroidism. The rate of hypothyroidism increases steadily with advancing age. Using only blood tests, thyroid function is commonly low in older adults. When using medical history, physical examination, and basal body temperatures along with the blood thyroid levels as the diagnostic criteria, estimated rates of hypothyroidism approach 90% or more of the adult population. (...)

Fluoride
    Up until the 1950s, European doctors used fluoride to reduce the activity of the thyroid gland for people suffering from overactive thyroid (hyperthyroidism). The daily dose of fluoride which people are now receiving in fluoridated communities (1.6 to 6.6 mg/day) actually exceeds the dose of fluoride found to depress the thyroid gland (2.3 to 4.5 mg/day).
    Hypothyroidism is currently one of the most common medical problems in the U.S. Synthroid, the drug doctors prescribe to treat hypothyroidism, was the fourth most prescribed drug in the U.S. in 2000. Symptoms of hypothyroidism include depression, fatigue, weight gain, muscle and joint pains, increased cholesterol levels and heart disease. From a recent University of York report, considered the "final word on fluoridation," it was shown that symptoms described in the literature on fluoride's adverse health effects are identical to those observed in thyroid dysfunction, and the condition known as dental fluorosis is a direct result of fluoride-induced iodine deficiency during the time of enamel formation. It showed an increase in thyroid cancers in the fluoridated areas when compared to non-fluoridated areas.
    The above is just a small part of the following exceptional file:
    The Thyroid Gland

Grizz: Who is responsible for replacing iodine with bromide in bread? Who is responsible for putting toxic Fluoride into our drinking water? Is it REALLY good for teeth? Look at the results of fluoride on teeth: NOT
    Dental Fluorosis photos
    More on Dental Fluorisis.

This report confirms measuring basal body temp:
    Metabolic Temperature Graph

More: Measuring Your Temperature from STTM Group:
    http://www.stopthethyroidmadness.com/temperature/

Basal Body Temp in Women:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basal_body_temperature

It clearly pays to know about our thyroid before going to see a doctor.
    How to find a good doctor.

This helps to clear up the confusion over T3, T4, RT3 & TSH. What counts most is making a chart of our body temp to monitor our thyroid.

Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 06-14-2012 at 01:52 PM.

Grizz is offline Banned
    The Iodex Prostate Suppository

100 Years Ago, this is how doctors treated Prostate Problems such as
    BPH
    Prostatitis

They used an Iodine Prostate Suppository, NO expensive drugs. Many thanks to Lynne Farrow at BreastCancerChoices !

iodineprostatehemm(1).jpg

Imagine this ! Here we are re-inventing one of the best treatments for our Prostate Problems by using a mixture of Coconut Oil and iodine formed into a Prostate Suppository. The Prostate has been starved of iodine for so long that it soaks up the iodine like a sponge.

HOW TO MAKE A PROSTATE IODINE SUPPOSITORY
    ====================================

Use these plastic disposable suppository molds to make your suppositories,
    simply mix 5 drops of Lugols 5% iodine into Coconut oil and pour into suppository forms, then refrigerate.*We are experimenting with the number of drops to use. Let us know what you find.

References for Prostate Suppositories from Cure-Zone:
    http://curezone.com/forums/am.asp?i=1168573

Also see "Iodine References" for doctor reports, testimonials & much more:
    http://tinyurl.com/iodine-references

Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 05-27-2012 at 11:49 AM.