Page 253 of 415 FirstFirst ... 153203243251252253254255263303353 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,530 of 4145

Thread: Iodine Anyone? page 253

Happy Paleo Girl is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    My rash is going on two weeks now. I do the salt flushing -- I put a half teaspoon of sea salt in my hand and swallow that down with a glass of water a couple times a day. My urine is yellow. I reduced my iodine dose. I eat brazil nuts and get plenty of vitamin C from my food. I washed all my clothes. I've tried vinegar on my skin and then tried baking soda. Cortaid does nothing. All the red welts have become red scabs but I still itch all over my back and torso in new places. Am I the only one who has had bromoderma? I am wondering how long it lasts.
    I had broderma and posted it about it here quite a bit. I also responded to one of your posts a few days ago and mentioned how I cleared mine up.

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ljbprrfmof View Post
    Ah, I told my diabetes Doctor that I had seen an immediate and noticable improvement in my FBG and dropped my Actos after switching to Paleo/Primal. He nodded, then gave me permission to drop my Januvia as I see further improvement. Although he is a doctor for the local diabetes group, he understands about too many carbs.

Just today, I had a phone call from my cardiologist's nurse and I mentioned my last INR could not have been affected by my iodine supplementation. She was curious about why I would supplement with iodine and I gave her a quick rundown of the reasons why iodine is important. I did not get into the cancer benefits. But I did mention the connection to endometriosus and breast fibroids. She gave me a few minutes because she said "in her 23 years as a nurse, she had never heard of it."

LynneF, I started painting my testicles yesterday with iodine and coconut oil (all I had on hand besides some oregano oil or olive oil). I di not have any dramatic result from it but all I have is 2% Lugols atm and did about 20 drops. I will report any change/improvement on the forum here. I am hopeful despite my stroke two Octobers ago.
    John,
    Congratulations on getting off of your medications ! !
    Please send your doctor & that nurse the link to our Iodine References.
    http://tinyurl.com/iodine-references
    We need to get the word out.

Congrats on painting your testicles. It sure helped me out !
    Also look at all the men reporting on this at Curezone !

I'll be giving my new found manliness another test in the morning ;--)) I don't know how you can mix iodine with coconut oil. I think olive oil would be more easily mixed. I mixed mine with Grapeseed oil, in a small squeeze bottle. It mixed well when I shook it up inside the little bottle.

A toast to our new enhanced sex life my good man! Just think, we are making history at this little message group!

PS) There is a HUGE connection between iodine and diabetes. Just look at these links.

Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 05-22-2012 at 03:01 PM.

Grizz is offline Banned
    Gems from the Internet

Iodine helps to cure Diabetes !
    ======================

Flechas JD.

"In the Type 1 diabetics that we have been following we have noted that if C-peptide is measurable, this would suggest that the individual is making their own insulin. I have been able to help this group of patients to get off insulin or to greatly reduce the amount they need for good glucose control with Iodoral at 4 tablets/day (50 mg). If C-peptide is absent, then we feel there is no insulin being produced and we have not been able to help this particular group of patients to get off their insulin. We have been able to help these patients lower the total amount of insulin needed to control their glucose."

"It was while treating a large 320-pound woman with insulin dependent diabetes that we learned a valuable lesson regarding the role of iodine in hormone receptor function. This woman had come in via the emergency room with a very high random blood sugar of 1,380 mg/dl. She was then started on insulin during her hospitalization and was instructed on the use of a home glucometer. She was to use her glucometer two times per day. Two weeks later on her return office visit for a checkup of her insulin dependent diabetes she was informed that during her hospital physical examination she was noted to have FBD. She was recommended to start on 50 mg ofiodine(4 tablets) at that time. One week later she called us requesting to lower the level of insulin due to having problems with hypoglycemia. She was told to continue to drop her insulin levels as long as she was experiencing hypoglycemia and to monitor her blood sugars carefully with her glucometer. Four weeks later during an office visit her glucometer was downloaded to my office computer, which showed her to have an average random blood sugar of 98. I praised the patient for her diligent efforts to control her diet and her good work at keeping her sugars under control with the insulin. She then informed me that she had come off her insulin three weeks earlier and had not been taking any medications to lower her blood sugar. When asked what she felt the big change was, she felt that her diabetes was under better control due to the use of iodine. Two years later and 70 pounds lighter this patient continues to have excellent glucose control on iodine 50 mg per day. We since have done a study of twelve diabetics and in six cases we were able to wean all of these patients off of medications for their diabetes and were able to maintain a hemoglobin A1C of less than 5.8 with the average random blood sugar of less than 100. To this date these patients continue to have excellent control of their Type II diabetes. The range of daily iodine intake was from 50 mg to 100 mg per day. All diabetic patients were able to lower the total amount of medications necessary to control their diabetes. Two of the twelve patients were controlled with the use of iodine plus one medication. Two patients have control of diabetes with iodine plus two medications. One patient had control of her diabetes with three medications plus iodine 50 mg. The one insulin dependent diabetic was able to reduce the intake of Lantus insulin from 98 units to 44 units per day within a period of a few weeks."
    DISEASE STATES~ DIABETES~ Can iodine therapy help? Nutrition > Supplements and Products > Iodine and Orthoiodosupplementation FAQ
    & Lots more at the link:
    Flechas. Iodine and Diabetes -- Research

There are so many more links to look at that I could not possibly post them all.
    Links to Iodine + Diabetes-2
    The miracles of iodine just never end,
    Grizz

Grizz is offline Banned
    So the question is - how does iodine help cure diabetes? Dr. Flechas has the answer

Dr. Flechas Interview: ”Hormone Receptors and Iodine. All hormone receptors are dependent on iodine, which increases the sensitivity of the receptor to the hormone it is designed for. For example, it can increase the sensitivity of
    insulin receptors and thus help with diabetes. Similarly, it can increase the sensitivity of the receptors for neurotransmitters (e.g., serotonin, dopamine, GABA) in the brain. Thus, depression may lift after taking iodine. It can also increase the sensitivity of receptors for testosterone and FSH/LH. This 2 hr interview was just one revelation after another.

This also explains why painting the testicles with iodine increases sensitivity & sensation for older men. The above interview is amazing.

Grizz

Pamsc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave RN View Post
    Ok, has anyone else had this problem? The ATP cofactors make my uroine STINK. Very strong smelling. Any way to get rid of that. I've stopped takingit becaue of that.
    Meanwhile I'm still at 12.5 of Lugols and have seen no differnce in my urinary issues. Still a weak stream and frequency, even with the meds. I'm guessing at this point maybe it'sn ot the prostate, especially with a PSA of 0.3 and a urologist who says my prostate is perfect. He did say that sometimes people com in andhave giant prostate and have no issues at all, and some come in with perfectly normal prostates and have problems. No explanation for that.
    I am upping my Lugols by a quarter of a drop per day...
    I did start taking Prosta Q a few days ago. The next day it seemed like I started seeing some improvement.
    I don't know that any of this would apply to you, but after prostate surgery didn't solve my husband's problems the urologist said there could be two other causes--stiffness in the spincters and the bladder not contracting well. There is a medication to help the bladder contract but I didn't look into it because my husband has Parkinson's disease and the balance of medications is difficult already.

Grizz is offline Banned
    Gems from the Internet

PCOS Cured by Iodine
    ===================

My daughter has PCOS. Please take a look at the curezone Iodine forum. She started taking iodine in July (Lugol's solution)-- 50 milligrams a day. By October, her menstrual cycle resumed. She had not had a cycle in a year--and before that she was quite irregular. She'd been to a naturopathic doctor, ate a very healthy diet, but it seemed she was lacking iodine--and that has made a tremendous difference.
    Good luck to you!
    Re: please anyone with advice!!!!!!! at PCOS: Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (MessageID: 1051323)
    =========================

I received a call from my "holistic" gynecologist a few minutes ago. I couldn't wait to share. A few weeks ago, I reported to you all that my multiple ovarian cysts (as per 6 years of ultrasounds) are gone since using Iodoral, and now today, the doc called to tell me that my biggest fibroid is gone as well. I had 3 fibroids, 2 small and 1 large and the large one is GONE!! I am so psyched!!"

I started Iodoral 3 months ago. In the last 5 years, my ovaries have been closely followed by ultrasound since my mother died from ovarian cancer at age 62. She was diagnosed at 55. I am 47. All of my ultrasounds in the last 5 years showed mutiple ovarian cysts. Last week I had another ultrasound (the first since starting Iodoral) The ovarian cysts are insignificant enough that the radiologist didn't even mention them in the "impression". I checked with the doctor to be sure. She said it's as if you have no cysts on your ovaries now. I find this quite interesting because in 2002, I was put on Lithium which I now understand "strips" the body's iodine and I was on it for 4 years. I didn't do a loading test prior to starting Iodoral, but my patch/skin test was gone in 3 hours. I just thought you folks might like to know about this finding.
    Re: Iodine And Ovarian Cysts at Iodine Supplementation Support by VWT Team (MessageID: 963491)
    PS) For the skeptics, there are THOUSANDS of additional testimonials about PCOS & Iodine here at CureZone:

Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 05-23-2012 at 07:46 AM.

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Pamsc View Post
    I don't know that any of this would apply to you, but after prostate surgery didn't solve my husband's problems the urologist said there could be two other causes--stiffness in the spincters and the bladder not contracting well. There is a medication to help the bladder contract but I didn't look into it because my husband has Parkinson's disease and the balance of medications is difficult already.
    Pamsc,
    There is an inexpensive Miracle Drug known to successfully treat Parkinson's, MS, Cancers that you might want to look into for your husband. I collected all of this valuable information from that giant Dr. Kruse thread. Dr. Kruse thinks the world of it & will be discussing it in his coming new book:
    "Low Dose Naltrexone" = LDN
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post739097

Best to you & your husband,
    Grizz

Grizz is offline Banned
    Where does all of that FLUORIDE COME FROM?

Shocking answers here:
    The Fluoride Glut: Sources of Fluoride Exposure

More at the Fluoride Action Network:
    How to kill fluoridated water in your home town. It can be done:
    http://www.fluoridealert.org/

The Horrors of Dental Fluorosis
    http://www.fluoridealert.org/dental-fluorosis.htm

Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 05-23-2012 at 09:04 AM.

Grizz is offline Banned
    Gems From The Internet

We know that iodine kills germs, virus & even cancer cells. So what does iodine do for serious gum disease?

Povidone 10% Iodine Cures Periodontal Disease
    ================================

I found significant amounts of biofilm along the gingival margin and interdentally, though he insisted that he was using his brushes and rubber tip according to directions. I told him I thought I could help but that I would need to see him a couple of times for detailed home-care instructions. My immediate thought was to focus on a new home-care procedure that would be easy to implement. So I sent him to the pharmacy for an oral irrigator and told him to purchase a bottle of 10 percent povidone iodine. I also told him to irrigate with a diluted povidone

iodine solution (one part povidone Iodine to nine parts water) once a day and return in a month. (I prefer diluted povidone iodine to other antimicrobial agents because of its broad-spectrum antimicrobial activity, low potential for developing resistance and adverse reactions, wide availability, ease of use, and affordability.)

A gamble with povidone iodine

I was a bit concerned about recommending povidone iodine because I had heard it was not approved by the FDA for intraoral use, and its safety as a self-applied adjunctive irrigant was not established. I decided to recommend it for a short time in an effort to heal his surgical wounds. When giving oral irrigation instructions, I always recommend a cannula-type tip for patients with moderate to deep pockets rather than the standard tip that does not penetrate as deeply into the pockets.1

When Mr. Ed returned the next month, there was marked improvement in surgical wound healing, and for the first time in a very long time (I’d say 10 years or so), Mr. Ed felt encouraged. Neither he nor I could fully comprehend the dramatic change from inflamed, bleeding gingival tissues to a healthy and firm condition.

What caused this change in tissues from diseased to healthy in such a short time? Most of us understand that elimination or adequate suppression of periodontopathic bacteria in subgingival microbiota is absolutely essential for wound healing. According to the literature, conventional mechanical root debridement (and pocket reduction surgery repeated twice in this case) does not eliminate all periodontopathic bacteria from the subgingival ecosystem.2 Sites with deep periodontal pockets, grooves, furcations, and concavities are difficult to access with periodontal instruments, and periodontal bacteria can even invade dentinal tubules and live on the mucosa, tongue, tonsils, and gingiva.2

In Mr. Ed’s case, I theorized that the povidone iodine (which is a broad-spectrum antimicrobial) suppressed the bacteria that assist in the formation of soft-tissue biofilms. Supragingivally, biofilms form on a single surface, but subgingivally they form in three areas: on the tooth side of a pocket, on the epithelium lining of the pocket, and within the pocket, which is the loosely adherent plaque zone where the antimicrobial can easily destroy and wash away periodontopathogens that are not caught up in thick intracellular matrix.

I explained to Mr. Ed that we were trying to remove “gum bugs” that make up a sandwich between the teeth and under the gum line. These periodontopathogens live in and around the two slices of bread in a sandwich. (Not very appetizing, that’s for sure!) The tooth side of the pocket is one slice of bread, the pocket epithelium is the other slice of bread, and the loosely adherent plaque is located between the two. You can call it peanut butter or jelly, but make sure the patient understands it’s a layer filled with bacteria..."
    I found significant amounts of biofilm along the gingival margin and interdentally, though he insisted that he was using his brushes and rubber tip according to directions. I told him I thought I could help but that I would need to see him a couple of times for detailed home-care instructions. My immediate thought was to focus on a new home-care procedure that would be easy to implement. So I sent him to the pharmacy for an oral irrigator and told him to purchase a bottle of 10 percent povidone iodine. I also told him to irrigate with a diluted povidone

iodine solution (one part povidone Iodine to nine parts water) once a day and return in a month. (I prefer diluted povidone iodine to other antimicrobial agents because of its broad-spectrum antimicrobial activity, low potential for developing resistance and adverse reactions, wide availability, ease of use, and affordability.)

A gamble with povidone iodine

I was a bit concerned about recommending povidone iodine because I had heard it was not approved by the FDA for intraoral use, and its safety as a self-applied adjunctive irrigant was not established. I decided to recommend it for a short time in an effort to heal his surgical wounds. When giving oral irrigation instructions, I always recommend a cannula-type tip for patients with moderate to deep pockets rather than the standard tip that does not penetrate as deeply into the pockets.1

When Mr. Ed returned the next month, there was marked improvement in surgical wound healing, and for the first time in a very long time (I’d say 10 years or so), Mr. Ed felt encouraged. Neither he nor I could fully comprehend the dramatic change from inflamed, bleeding gingival tissues to a healthy and firm condition.

What caused this change in tissues from diseased to healthy in such a short time? Most of us understand that elimination or adequate suppression of periodontopathic bacteria in subgingival microbiota is absolutely essential for wound healing. According to the literature, conventional mechanical root debridement (and pocket reduction surgery repeated twice in this case) does not eliminate all periodontopathic bacteria from the subgingival ecosystem.2 Sites with deep periodontal pockets, grooves, furcations, and concavities are difficult to access with periodontal instruments, and periodontal bacteria can even invade dentinal tubules and live on the mucosa, tongue, tonsils, and gingiva.2

In Mr. Ed’s case, I theorized that the povidone iodine (which is a broad-spectrum antimicrobial) suppressed the bacteria that assist in the formation of soft-tissue biofilms. Supragingivally, biofilms form on a single surface, but subgingivally they form in three areas: on the tooth side of a pocket, on the epithelium lining of the pocket, and within the pocket, which is the loosely adherent plaque zone where the antimicrobial can easily destroy and wash away periodontopathogens that are not caught up in thick intracellular matrix.

I explained to Mr. Ed that we were trying to remove “gum bugs” that make up a sandwich between the teeth and under the gum line. These periodontopathogens live in and around the two slices of bread in a sandwich. (Not very appetizing, that’s for sure!) The tooth side of the pocket is one slice of bread, the pocket epithelium is the other slice of bread, and the loosely adherent plaque is located between the two. You can call it peanut butter or jelly, but make sure the patient understands it’s a layer filled with bacteria..."
    http://www.usc.edu/hsc/dental/ohc/ar...ial_agents.pdf
    I have a bottle of Povidone 10% iodine sitting around collecting dust. I think I will put it to use in a mouth wash. One more iodine experiment.

Grizz

labeak is offline Junior Member
    Grizz,

You seem like one of the most informed people on this forum. I'm having some trouble with chronic prostate infections. The doctor gives me antibiotics and this has ameliorated the problem somewhat. But the doctors do not offer any advice on what to do to keep it from recurring or what in my diet or lifestyle might be changed.

I have been pretty strictly primal for almost 2 years. No wheat, low carbs, supplement vitamin D and do outdoor exercise.

Can you give me any help or advice?

Thanks,

Labeak