Page 250 of 415 FirstFirst ... 150200240248249250251252260300350 ... LastLast
Results 2,491 to 2,500 of 4145

Thread: Iodine Anyone? page 250

Happy Paleo Girl is offline Senior Member
    Chilli, I was diagnosed with high bp at the ripe old age of 27! I've always been thin and active and was eating fairly well at the time (I eat much better now!). So I know that losing weight and exercising will not help everyone with high blood pressure. But the coconut oil made a big difference for me, hopefully it will for you, too!

oxide is offline Senior Member
    Lynne, application of iodine to the breast does what very fast? Decrease swelling?
    Are there are success stories about women painting themselves with iodine to raise libido, or does it apply just to men?

Lugol's arrived this weekend and I did the paint test. Iodine stain gone at 3-4 hours. I don't have any deficiency symptoms that I know of -- maybe some PMS swelling -- but I don't think it can hurt to try this for a few months. My goal is to get the paint test to 24 hr. After that, I figure some seaweed will keep my iodine up.

I bought some brazil nuts this weekend, and I will buy the other supplements this week. How do I take the supplements? Every morning? I was thinking of dropping the iodine into my smoothie (1/2 drop for three smoothies) and using the salt water to take the pills.
    5'0" female, 43 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Current weight: skinny-fat 106.5 lbs because of sugar cheating.

MY PRIMAL: I (try to) follow by-the-book primal as advocated by Mark Sisson, except for whey powder and a bit of cream. I aim for 80-90 g carb/day and advocate a two-month strict adjustment for newbies. But everybody is different and other need to tweak Primal to their own needs.

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by oxide View Post
    Lynne, application of iodine to the breast does what very fast? Decrease swelling?
    Are there are success stories about women painting themselves with iodine to raise libido, or does it apply just to men?

Lugol's arrived this weekend and I did the paint test. Iodine stain gone at 3-4 hours. I don't have any deficiency symptoms that I know of -- maybe some PMS swelling -- but I don't think it can hurt to try this for a few months. My goal is to get the paint test to 24 hr. After that, I figure some seaweed will keep my iodine up.

I bought some brazil nuts this weekend, and I will buy the other supplements this week. How do I take the supplements? Every morning? I was thinking of dropping the iodine into my smoothie (1/2 drop for three smoothies) and using the salt water to take the pills.
    Oxide,

Please carefully read the cover letter for this site:
    Description
    Iodine and human nutrition. How much iodine do we need? What are the best sources? What happens if we don't get enough iodine?

Iodine has been effective with hypothyroid and hyperthyroid conditions, goiter, fibrocystic breasts, uterine fibroids, ovarian cysts, brain fog, constipation, obesity, diabetes, cancer, high blood pressure, arrhythmias like atrial fibrillation, and detoxification issues (mercury, perchlorate, fluoride, bromide).

Iodine is in every cell in the body and is essential in pregnancy. It is found in high levels in the thyroid gland, breast, ovaries, prostate, liver, lung, heart, stomach, and adrenal glands.

There is currently a great deal of research on iodine and cancer, including cancer of the breast, colon, lungs, ovaries, pancreas, prostate, stomach, and thyroid.

Some doctors are now using iodine in the treatment of children with down syndrome as well as autism with positive results.

If you an an Iodine Researcher, you may be interested in our subgroup, IodineResearch: IodineResearch : IodineResearch

About the owner: I am a 12 yr thyroid cancer survivor saved by iodine. Treated with 3 rounds of RAI and still had registering Tg markers. In 2006 when my markers rose my endo recommended external beam radition. I sought the help of Dr. David Brownstein - one of the pioneers in iodine. He placed me on 50 mgs of iodine, detoxed, balanced my hormones, switched me from Synthroid to Armour and started a nutritional balancing program. I removed 11 amalgams and a root canal tooth. Today I am feeling better than I have in years! I am a Naturopathic Doctor Health Coach too. Join us!

To your health!

Stephanie Buist, ND HC
    iodine : Iodine
    Oxide, Join the above group (free) and you can search their messages for HUNDREDS of testimonials on any subject you wish. Also click on the chapter,"Testimonials" in the table of contents to see many testimonials from our own group:
    http://tinyurl.com/iodine-references

Also Curezone is a great place to search for answers. My search words were:
    Iodine Women Libido got these results:
    http://curezone.com/forums/am.asp?i=1435148

Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 05-21-2012 at 09:05 AM.

Grizz is offline Banned
    [QUOTE=ChilliSquid;837499]
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    ChiliSquid,
    PaleoGirl is right. IoDINE and ioDIDE are both totally required for human health. I agree with her that giving up on Lugols would be a mistake.
    - - - Iodine is used by the prostate + Stomach
    - - - Iodide (SSKI) is used by the thyroid + skin + Salivary
    - - - kidneys, spleen, liver, blood, breasts & intestines can use either form

I take 2 tablespoons of coconut oil a day in my morning coffee for my good health. Your high blood pressure can be corrected in many ways. Walking 10,000 steps per day will do MIRACLES for high blood pressure. A strict Paleo diet helps in many ways. Losing weight also helps. The iodide is not optional for good thyroid health. I would rather see you resolve your blood pressure without the meds. Which meds are you taking for high blood pressure? How much do you weigh?
    See this: 13 Ways to Lower Blood Pressure Naturally

Hi, the meds I'm taking are Karvea Irbestartan @150 mg a day. I walk a fair bit especially at school up and down stairs and around the high school many times a day (careers teacher at a high school chasing students) as well as walking about 5kms after school. I weigh in at about 83kgs at 170cm tall. My mother is tiny, exercises and eats well and still has high blood pressure. Recently after having a 80/20 primal diet, taking iodine, I starting testing myself and found my bp was through the roof - 190/125, so had to revert to meds. I will try the coconut oil internally (It's the moisturiser I use for my body and face - I do have a spare jar!)

Thanks

chilli
    Chilli,
    Here is what I found on your drug:
    http://www.ema.europa.eu/docs/en_GB/...C500039467.pdf

So, unfortunately, all I got is that article on 13 ways to naturally reduce blood pressure:
    13 Ways to Lower Blood Pressure Naturally - Prevention.com

The Best to you,
    Grizz

Grizz is offline Banned
    Using Iodine for Insect Bites:
    * Suffer no more from Mosquito Bites !
    * Kill off Lyme Disease from ticks before it starts

From searching CureZone.Com for mosquito iodine
    I got bit last night. It woke me up with the burning and itching. I put several drops of detoxified Iodine over the entire area. Then dropped a couple drops of Lugol's on the bite swelling itself. In just a few moments there was complete relief.

==============
    Look like Derry agrees with you:

Dr. David Derry Answers Reader Questions -- Disappearing Iodine Test

for another example, Iodine put onto a mosquito bite would kill all bacteria and viruses at the site of the bite within 10-30 seconds making it impossible for any virus or bacteria to multiply and get started
    Thread: Mosquito bite relief at Iodine Supplementation Support by VWT Team (ThreadID: 920634)
    Much more on Amazing Iodine:
    http://tinyurl.com/iodine-references

Grizz

Gwynn is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy Paleo Girl View Post
    Another natural thing that I'm trying in addition to cold thermogenesis is earthing.
    Amazon.com: Earthing: The Most Important Health Discovery Ever? (9781591202837): Clinton Ober, Stephen T. Sinatra, Martin Zucker: Books
    It's purported to help with inflammation and provide increased energy and help provide a better night's sleep. The concept is so simple, but makes so much sense. I always feel better when I'm out in nature, so it really resonates with me. I first came across the concept on the Bullet Proof Executive site, but have since heard about it on a Paleo podcast or 2 as well.
    As I type this, I'm sitting on a patio chair in the backyard with my feet in the grass. And despite not taking an amphetamine and not even getting a great night's sleep, I feel wide awake right now and very clear minded.
    Because I don't always have time to sit outside with my feet in the grass (and we have dogs, so finding a "safe" spot can be somewhat of a challenge!!), I just ordered the earthing mat to try out. I have a standing workstation at work, so I can kick my shoes off and stand on it while I'm at work, and use it while lying in bed watching tv at home, etc. It was one of the cheaper earthing products (the bed mat is considerably more expensive), so I figured it was worth giving it a try!

The amount of supplements that I have in my bedroom is astounding. One of my close friends keeps telling me how unnatural that is, and that I don't even really know what's in them. He thinks that perhaps if I wasn't taking all of these things, I wouldn't be dealing with so many problems. Some of them I really do feel better when I'm taking them though. And of course I'll continue to take the companion iodine supplements. But anything I can do naturally to improve my health is worth it to me. And I think that really does fit in with the primal spirit and lifestyle more than supplementation as well.
    HappyPaleoGirl,

I have the earthing sheet! I sleep on it every night. I also have the little mat, my foot is on it as I am typing on the computer. I credit it with keeping my shingles down. Down, but not out. Still, before I got it I had constant shingles attacks, one right after the other. The stress has been so bad this year that I have had a couple of attacks, but they were milder than the ones I used to have.

Gwynn

Grizz is offline Banned
    Earthing Mats? Earthing Sheets? You fine ladies have grabbed my attention !

I found this video on the Earthing Mat:
    Watch The Earthing Mat Work - YouTube

And a video on the Earthing Sheets
    Grounding Sheets Demonstration Video - YouTube

Earthing Product Discussion
    Thread: Earthing/Grounding at The Truth in Medicine (ThreadID: 1660406)

Grizz

chronyx is offline Senior Member
    As an electrician I believe this is bunk, and the simplest understanding of how a circuit works will explain why.

I can also add that days when I have been working at distribution panels and been in contact with the main earth connection of an installation I have not felt any different at all.

Placebo.

Gwynn is offline Senior Member
    Grizz,

Most of the positive results I have heard from people using these products is relief from insomnia.

Chronyx,

All I know is the results I got happened right after I got the sheet. I didn't know what to expect, so I am attributing the results to the sheet.

Gwynn

Grizz is offline Banned
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Gwynn,
    I have a theory on why it works. Chronyx is too logical (being an electrician) and knowing about Ohms Law and electrical current.
    I think it works because Cosmic Rays are constantly bombarding the earth and our bodies leaving our bodies electrified with static electricity. The Earth Mat grounds the static from the cosmic rays. You can also do the same thing with a "Grounding Wrist Strap" clipped to your PC Frame. The frame of a PC is always grounded.

ESD Grounding Wrist Strap - 10 FT | ShowMeCables.com

Grizz