“Americans, even in unfluoridated communities, are suffering serious harmful health effects from overexposure to fluoride due to its widespread and uncontrolled use. Fluoride can be found in any food or beverage made with fluoridated municipal water. Less than 2% of Western Europe’s population drinks fluoridated water compared to over 60% of the United States population.” from “America Overdosed on Fluoride” by Lynn Landes & Maria Bechis. FLUORIDE
The uncounted for, and unrecorded releases of fluorine and the resultant “fluoride-compounds” from industrial sites such as: mining, sand and gravel pit operations, as well as entities like super-phosphate fertilizer plants have certainly added to the miseries of us all. Those “releases” could have, and still can be prevented, or at least controlled, if it were not for the profitability of the “products” in question. “It’s all about the money for our huge, and now, nearly tax-exempt corporations!”
In summary: Fluoride has become the “lifeblood of the modern industrial economy.” So you can see why “industry” is so reluctant to admit to its part in the cover-up of the long and ongoing dangerous roles that fluoride plays. Because of fluoride’s rather hidden, broad industrial applications, the general public is only just now becoming aware of its airborne emissions, and its toxic by-products. Our awareness of fluoride comes primarily from its uses in drinking water and toothpaste, as well as preadolescent fluoride treatments as a hedge against future dental cavities. While I personally doubt most of those claims, this insidious poison has been subjecting our collective thyroid glands to a near total annihilation!
I feel that we must keep up with our own health evaluation by making sure we get enough, but moderate amounts, of iodized sea salt in our diets needed for thyroid production. (Though “most” doctors will caution you against it, fearing hypertension and heart-problems.) Also, and this is most important — testing, not with the “TSH” test that is normally foisted upon us, but by asking – - nay – - demanding the Free T3 and the Free T4 thyroid evaluations, and treating the deficiencies with Armour “natural, desiccated” thyroid! IT WORKS!!
***THINK THE FLUORIDE IN YOUR WATER IS SAFE FOR YOU??? Look what it did to these horses!
***The Effects of Fluoride on the Thyroid Gland by Dr. Barry Durrant-Peatfield
***Check out this website page on the history of Fluoride as a poison.
***Fluoride Action Network website with good information on how fluoride affects the thyroid.
And last: Scientific Facts on the Biological Effects of Fluorides
1. Fluoride exposure disrupts the synthesis of collagen and leads to the breakdown of collagen in bone, tendon, muscle, skin, cartilage, lungs, kidney and trachea. A.K. Susheela and Mohan Jha, ” Effects of Fluoride on Cortical and Cancellous Bone Composition,” IRCS Medical Sciences: Library Compendium, Vol. 9, No.11, pp. 1021-1022 (1981); Y. D. Sharma, ” Effect of Sodium Fluoride on Collagen Cross-Link Precursors,” Toxicological Letters, Vol. 10, pp. 97-100 (1982); A. K. Susheela and D. Mukerjee, ” Fluoride poisoning and the Effect of Collagen Biosynthesis of Osseous and Nonosseous Tissue,” Toxicological European Research, Vol. 3, No.2, pp. 99-104 (1981); Y.D. Sharma, ” Variations in the Metabolism and Maturation of Collagen after Fluoride Ingestion,” Biochemica et Biophysica Acta, Vol. 715, pp. 137-141 (1982); Marian Drozdz et al., ” Studies on the Influence of Fluoride Compounds upon Connective Tissue Metabolism in Growing Rats” and “Effect of Sodium Fluoride With and Without Simultaneous Exposure to Hydrogen Fluoride on Collagen Metabolism,” Journal of Toxicological Medicine, Vol. 4, pp. 151-157 (1984).
2. Fluoride stimulates granule formation and oxygen consumption in white blood cells, but inhibits these processes when the white blood cell is challenged by a foreign agent in the blood. Robert A. Clark, “Neutrophil Iodintion Reaction Induced by Fluoride: Implications for Degranulation and Metabolic Activation,” Blood, Vol. 57, pp. 913-921 (1981).
3. Fluoride depletes the energy reserves and the ability of white blood cells to properly destroy foreign agents by the process of phagocytosis. As little as 0.2 ppm fluoride stimulates superoxide production in resting white blood cells, virtually abolishing phagocytosis. Even micro-molar amounts of fluoride, below 1 ppm, may seriously depress the ability of white blood cells to destroy pathogenic agents. John Curnette, et al, ” Fluoride-mediated Activation of the Respiratory Burst in Human Neutrophils,” Journal of Clinical Investigation, Vol. 63, pp. 637-647 (1979); W. L. Gabler and P. A. Leong, ., ” Fluoride Inhibition of Polymorphonumclear Leukocytes,” Journal of Dental Research, Vol. 48, No. 9, pp. 1933-1939 (1979); W. L. Gabler, et al., ” Effect of Fluoride on the Kinetics of Superoxide Generation by Fluoride,” Journal of Dental Research, Vol. 64, p. 281 (1985); A. S. Kozlyuk, et al., ” Immune Status of Children in Chemically Contaminated Environments,” Zdravookhranenie, Issue 3, pp. 6-9 (1987)
4. Fluoride confuses the immune system and causes it to attack the body’s own tissues,
and increases the tumor growth rate in cancer prone individuals. Alfred Taylor and Nell C. Taylor, ” Effect of Sodium Fluoride on Tumor Growth,” Proceedings of the Society for Experimental Biology and Medicine, Vol. 119, p. 252 (1965); Shiela Gibson, ” Effects of Fluoride on Immune System Function,” Complementary Medical Research, Vol. 6, pp. 111-113 (1992); Peter Wilkinson, ” Inhibition of the Immune System With Low Levels of Fluorides,” Testimony before the Scottish High Court in Edinburgh in the Case of McColl vs. Strathclyde Regional Council, pp. 17723-18150, 19328-19492, and Exhibit 636, (1982); D. W. Allman and M. Benac, ” Effect of Inorganic Fluoride Salts on Urine and Cyclic AMP Concentration in Vivo,” Journal of Dental Research, Vol. 55 (Supplement B), p. 523 (1976); S. Jaouni and D. W. Allman, ” Effect of Sodium Fluoride and Aluminum on Adenylate Cyclase and Phosphodiesterase Activity,” Journal of Dental Research, Vol. 64, p. 201 (1985)
5. Fluoride inhibits antibody formation in the blood. S. K. Jain and A. K. Susheela, ” Effect of Sodium Fluoride on Antibody Formation in Rabbits,” Environmental Research, Vol. 44, pp. 117-125 (1987)
6. Fluoride depresses thyroid activity. Viktor Gorlitzer Von Mundy, ” Influence of Fluorine and Iodine on the Metabolism, Particularly on the Thyroid Gland,” Muenchener Medicische Wochenschrift, Vol. 105, pp. 182-186 (1963); A. Benagiano,
Fluoride and your Thyroid—a dangerous connection | Stop The Thyroid Madness
Fluoride and your Thyroid—a dangerous connection at Iodine Supplementation Support by VWT Team (MessageID: 1908322)