Page 243 of 415 FirstFirst ... 143193233241242243244245253293343 ... LastLast
Results 2,421 to 2,430 of 4146

Thread: Iodine Anyone? page 243

Grizz is offline Banned
    Shop Now
    Princess,

I take my 1/2 teaspoon natural celtic sea salt in my coffee pot each day. Yum Yum. I have grown to enjoy coffee with natural salt in it. In some cases, I add 1/2 tsp into my cup of coffee along with my tablespoon of Coconut Oil. Yum Yum.

Grizz

Tee
    Tee is offline Senior Member
    Grizz,

Do you think this type of salt could be used?
    Hawaii Aloha Alaea Red Hawaiian Sea Salt (Fine): Amazon.com: Grocery & Gourmet Food
    I have some a friend sent me.

Grizz is offline Banned
    My latest iodine experiment.

I applied lugols 5% iodine 2 or 3 times a day to my nasty skin lesion that had been on my arm for DECADES. It was a stable skin lesion that never changed or got any worse. but it was still nasty looking. After reading what Dr. Derry had to say, I decided to apply iodine several times a day.

Here is what happened to it.
    1) It swelled up into a soft. mushy brown bump within 1 week
    2) It turned into a scab for 1 month
    3) The scab started to itch
    4) The scab fell off from scratching.
    5) New skin had formed under the scab, skin lesion GONE ! dr. Derry was correct yet again !

From my own clinical experience, repeated application of iodine (Lugol’s) to the skin appears to cause regeneration of the skin from the bottom up (Quiescent, stable or stem cell) (3) eventually sloughing the old version of the skin off like a snake molting. If there was a pre-cancerous lesion on the old skin, it is replaced with new skin minus the lesion. There does not seem to be any skin lesions which are not helped or cured by this procedure. In some cases I found clinically obvious low thyroid conditions also needed to be treated to be more effective. Minor lacerations and healing of surgical wounds respond well. If skin regeneration is from the bottom, then there is little or no scar formation.

All pre-malignant lesions and many other oddities of the skin appear to respond to this regeneration process triggered by topical iodine. I have mentioned previously a patient with a biopsy-proven breast cancer lesion (she refused surgery because of previous cancer treatment) that was strongly fixed to the skin responding well to topical iodine and ended up being a dimple on the breast three year later. (6)

It is my belief a water solution of iodine (like Lugol's) is an important therapeutic agent for skin. Because of its effectiveness and the results, perhaps many skin diseases are related to local tissue areas of relative iodine deficiency. Perhaps the most graphic lesions are the "keloid" (worm) incision scars formed after surgical procedures. If the iodine intake and tissue levels are adequate, such as in Japan, keloid formation doesn't happen (7). In addition, iodine's ability to trigger natural cell death (apoptosis) (5) makes it effective against all pre-cancerous skin lesions and likely many cancerous lesions. The local site is replaced with normal skin. However, even lesser doses of topical iodine seem to reverse the ominous appearance of skin lesions. Because my older brother died of metastatic melanoma, my chances of getting a malignant melanoma are increased by 400 times. (8-9) Having grown up in Venezuela near the equator my sun exposure at a young age was far above normal. So all suspicious lesions I notice are returned to normal with topical Lugol's.

One of the most famous of documentations of iodine skin therapy to a famous person occurred in the American Civil War.

"On September 29, 1862, Colonel John B. Gordon held the center of General Lee's army at the battle of Antietam, or Sharpsburg. The first volley from the northern lines sent a ball through the calf of Gordon's right leg; soon after, another went through the muscles of his thigh; a third pierced his left arm, tearing asunder the tendons and mangling the flesh; a forth ripped through his shoulder leaving a wad of clothing embedded in its track. Still, no bones were broken; but, while Gordon lingered in the firing line, "with", as he says himself, "but little of my usual strength", a fifth ball struck him squarely in the face.

Dr. Weatherly of the 6th Alabama Regiment, in charge of medical arrangements, had the Colonel removed to a base hospital, and prescribed tincture of iodine to be painted on the wounds three or four times a day. The case was unpromising. Gordon's eyelids were greatly swollen; one eye was completely closed, the other almost so; his jaw was immovably clenched, and, to make matters worse, erysipelas (staphylococcus infection of skin) had set in on the left arm.

Mrs. Gordon, his wife, who nursed him - her name was Fanny, and she was then a beautiful girl of 25 - put a liberal interpretation on her instructions and painted the wounds, not three or four times a day, but, as Gordon himself says: "I think three to four hundred time a day." Fanny's diligence and devotion were rewarded. Her husband survived, outlived the war, became the Governor of Georgia, a General, and Commander-in-Chief of the United Confederate Veterans. He died in 1904." (10)

I think Fanny knew iodine applied often was a more effective way to deliver iodine to the body especially applied on multiple sites. Likely Gordon's iodine blood levels and tissue levels rose throughout his body. As iodine is by far the best antibiotic, antiviral and antiseptic of all time, the colonel's body defenses were able to gain control of the infections. At the same time local repeated application to the wound sites caused the skin to grow up from its bottom where all the cells (Stem cells) that make normal skin are residing. Likely this minimized or eliminated scar formation. Thus Nyiri’s and Jannetti’s studies confirm why Fanny’s method of treatment worked so brilliantly. Some of our recent serious skin diseases such a "flesh-eating disease" should respond quickly to topical iodine treatment practiced by Fanny. Or, for another example, iodine put onto a mosquito bite would kill all bacteria and viruses at the site of the bite within 10-30 seconds making it impossible for any virus or bacteria to multiply and get started --such as in West Nile Fever. Naturally, this applies to tic bites (Lyme's disease) as well. For many decades in the 1800s people carried around little bottles of iodine around their necks to use on all occasions. People in mosquito and tic infested areas should think of doing this again. (8) In addition, it has been forgotten vaporized iodine rapidly kills air borne viruses such as polio and SARS viruses.. Used extensively in the forties and fifties it may be of use to explore this approach again.

There has been no significant clinical research on iodine therapy or use for 40 years. (11-15) I feel it is important for research to be directed at this potentially significant area of medical treatment. It is worth noting the greatest part of significant research with iodine was done before the Medline search facilities were available. Of course, since large doses of iodine are tolerated intravenously without side effects, it has yet to be explored what help this may have for many cancer patients or even other diseases.

I hope these concepts help.
    David
    Iodine to the rescue yet again !

Grizz

AprilLudgate is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    April,
    Welcome to our fantastic group of iodine connoisseurs! I'm so happy you found us with all of your symptoms!
    If you follow the directions in our References File,
    then you can titrate down to a level that allows you to detox, 1/8 of a drop of Lugols.
    Left Click on the Table Of Contents to get to the chapter you want here:
    http://tinyurl.com/iodine-references
    Important chapters are highlited in yellow.

You put 1 drop of Lugols into a sealed 8 oz water bottle and drink 1 ounce a day the 1st week, 2 ounces a day the 2nd week, etc until you get to drinking 8 ounces (1 drop) a day. For now do the Salt Flush and stop taking the iodine until detox symptoms have passed. All detox symptoms are transitory.

My goodness, but you have most the classic symptoms of severe iodine deficiency. No wonder you are detoxing so heavily. Do you also have fibrocyctic breasts yet? I'm curious about what your doctors told you to do about your conditions. We are finding out that a majority of American Women are suffering similar symptoms of iodine deficiency.

What do you suggest to make our Iodine References Guide less complicated?

PS) You missed out on the vital 1/2 tsp of Natural Celtic Salt every day. Also, Let us know how long your Iodine Skin Patch Test lasts. See list of required supplements.

May I ask what are your detox symptoms are?

Grizz
    Hi Grizz and the gang -
    Since I last wrote, I started taking kelp so I could start working up to the smallest dose of Lugol's (which I plan to start supplementing this weekend). When I was taking one drop of Lugol's I experienced extreme bone-tired fatigue, muscle tension esp. in the upper back and neck areas, depression, apathy, terrible headaches and extreme nausea. While I know that supplementing iodine is absolutely necessary for my well being, these detox symptoms were too intense for me to carry on with work on a daily basis. So I'll be taking it at a tortoise's pace for awhile and that's ok.
    My iodine patch test a few weeks back disappeared within 2.5 hours.
    Last week I went to the OBGYN and they found uterine fibroids. Not surprising!
    My current regime consists of: kelp, vitex, adrenal glandulars, b complex, multi-vitamin, vitamin c, cayenne pepper, flax oil, liver formula and l-tyrosine plus.
    Grizz, your reference guide is great and I plan to reference more as I journey on. If I have any suggestions, I'll hit you up.
    Last thing, I posted this to Grizz earlier but it's a good listen for all -- NPR's Fresh Air segment on toxins and breasts in both men and women.

Breasts: Bigger And More Vulnerable To Toxins : NPR

April L

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tee View Post
    Grizz,

Do you think this type of salt could be used?
    Hawaii Aloha Alaea Red Hawaiian Sea Salt (Fine): Amazon.com: Grocery & Gourmet Food
    I have some a friend sent me.
    Tee,
    That is a terrific natural sea salt with the added bonus of traces of red clay which contains iron. The sea salt to avoid is Pure White that has had all the minerals stripped away. Iy is also reported to have a great flavor. Alaea Hawaiian Sea Salt is non-processed and rich in trace minerals, all of which are found in sea water. A small amount of harvested reddish Hawaiian clay (`Alaea)
    enriches the salt with Iron-Oxide. When my supply of Celtic Sea Salt runs out, I am ordering what you have.

Grizz

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by AprilLudgate View Post
    Hi Grizz and the gang -
    Since I last wrote, I started taking kelp so I could start working up to the smallest dose of Lugol's (which I plan to start supplementing this weekend). When I was taking one drop of Lugol's I experienced extreme bone-tired fatigue, muscle tension esp. in the upper back and neck areas, depression, apathy, terrible headaches and extreme nausea. While I know that supplementing iodine is absolutely necessary for my well being, these detox symptoms were too intense for me to carry on with work on a daily basis. So I'll be taking it at a tortoise's pace for awhile and that's ok.
    My iodine patch test a few weeks back disappeared within 2.5 hours.
    Last week I went to the OBGYN and they found uterine fibroids. Not surprising!
    My current regime consists of: kelp, vitex, adrenal glandulars, b complex, multi-vitamin, vitamin c, cayenne pepper, flax oil, liver formula and l-tyrosine plus.
    Grizz, your reference guide is great and I plan to reference more as I journey on. If I have any suggestions, I'll hit you up.
    Last thing, I posted this to Grizz earlier but it's a good listen for all -- NPR's Fresh Air segment on toxins and breasts in both men and women.

Breasts: Bigger And More Vulnerable To Toxins : NPR

April L
    April,
    I know this is hard to swallow, but 1 drop of iodine is just way too much to start, and will release too many toxins into your body from bromine, fluorides & chlorine. Instead, put 1 drop into an 8 ounce bottle of water, keep the cap on and drink only 1 ounce daily for the 1st week, 2 ounces daily for the 2nd week, etc, and SLOWLY work your way up to 1 drop a day. See this link for details:
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...h.j2bu1bhmtyfe
    You need to also take ALL the required supplements:
    - - tsp Natural Celtic Salt
    - - 200 mcg selenium (L-selenomethionine preferred)
    - - 400 mcg Magnesium - Glycinate preferred
    - - 2,000mg Vitamin C - Ester-C preferred
    - - ATP Cofactors - contains B2 & B3 in the correct ratio

uterine fibroids? consider an iodine douche, many links found from a google on "iodine douche" Also look up Dr. Derry on a google search, as "Dr. Derry uterine fibroids"
    Quote Originally Posted by Derry
    Estrogen dominance has been linked not only to the development of fibrocystic breasts but also to the development of breast cancer. It can also cause water retention, weight gain (as it affects the body’s ability to process fat), uterine fibroids, endometriosis, and cervical dysplasia. Some indications of too much estrogen in the body include insomnia, tremors, sensitive skin, short term memory problems, heavy menstrual period symptoms, and severe PMS.

Iodine is involved in the regulation of estrogen production; studies have shown that when there is a lack of iodine in the body estrogen production spikes. When someone is estrogen dominant, adding more iodine into the body, through topical application, liquid supplements, or increasing foods that are rich in iodine, can help naturally correct the problem and reduce the potentially dangerous effects of estrogen dominance.
    Health911.com - Iodine: A Comprehensive Exploration of a Vital Nutrient
    Iodine deficiency always results in swelling in one or more areas of the body.
    Swollen Tissue = Cyst
    Swollen thyroid = Goiter
    Swollen Breasts = Fibrocystic Breast Disease
    Swollen Ovaries = PCOS
    Swollen Uterus = Endometriosis
    Swollen Prostate = BPH & Prostitus
    And of course all of the related cancers that eventually develop
    Lack of iodine to the skin = No sweating
    Lack of iodine in the mouth = dry mouth lacking saliva
    Lack of iodine to the brain = Mental Fog & Depression

Just click on the table of contents to navigate around the Iodine References
    http://tinyurl.com/iodine-references

PS) Your article completely missed the MAIN point and is the blind leading the blind
    Quote Originally Posted by article
    "It turns out that our breasts are almost like sponges, the way they can soak up some of these chemicals, especially the ones that are fat-loving — the ones [that] tend to accumulate in fat tissue," Williams tells Fresh Air's Terry Gross. "Unfortunately, the breast is also masterful at converting these molecules into food in the way of breast milk."
    They are sponges designed to soak up iodine, which is a Halogen Chemical. Unfortunately the other halogen chemicals such as bromides, fluorides, chlorines, jet fuel, insecticides are also halogens that kick iodine out of our system and fill up our cells. That is why we are iodine deficient, and why you had so many detox symptoms. Your body is LOADED with toxins and iodine is the only way to detox and restore vital iodine to our cells. See this article:
    http://www.freegrab.net/Iodine%20update.htm#section18

Please let us know when your uterine fibroids are cured so I can add you to our Testimonials section in Iodine References. Most women report being free within a month or 3.

Best of luck to you,
    Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 05-16-2012 at 11:41 AM.

Owl
    Owl is offline Senior Member
    Grizz, did you put straight Lugol's on your lesion, or mix it with something?

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Grizz (or anyone with insight)-

Do you account for the additional iodine you absorb when you put it on a skin lesion or something? Do you decrease the dosage you're otherwise taking, or is it not a concern and if not, why?

I'm personally having no detox issues so far, (8 drops a day, Lugol's 2% currently)

But the GF had to take a break, then drop her intake due to some signs of Bromide detox. She's now taking 1/10 drop of Lugol's 2% daily (Yes, along with her ATP cofactor/himalayan sea salt/vitamin C/magnesium/brazil nut chaser).

She has all kinds of symptoms of chronic iodine deficiency, and I'm really excited to have her on a very real track towards recovery, but if she gets another bout of bromoderma, I am not sure she'll keep going with iodine therapy.

Anyway, I want to stick some iodine on her cherry angiomas, a few weird scars and other skin imperfections, but I'm afraid the total intake will displace too much halides and she'll go through detox symptoms again. Should she stop taking it orally and just put it on the skin? Or should she wait until she can handle a bit more iodine?

Fortunately, her doctor's comment when she told him I was pushing iodine was that she should take Iodoral instead of Lugol's because of the taste!

Thanks!

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Owl View Post
    Grizz, did you put straight Lugol's on your lesion, or mix it with something?
    Owl,

I used straight 5% lugols knowing full well that the surrounding skin would be irritated. And yes, the surrounding skin did get irritated. I know that the best advice is to mix lugols with a carrier oil.

However oil & water just doesn't mix ! ! NO WAY.

I've tried mixing Lugols with oil, but it just bubbles up on top of the oil. In my opinion, a drop of soap is required to mix the carrier oil and the lugols. That will be another experiment for another day. Maybe mixing the oil & lugols on a bar of soap is a great idea? Something for us to experiment with.

Lugols also eliminates moles. If you have a nasty mole, experiment with lugols to get rid of it. We need to figure out how to make an iodine cream made with some excellent Grapeseed oil. Lets put on our thinking caps.

Grizz

DuhPrincess is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    Princess,

I take my 1/2 teaspoon natural celtic sea salt in my coffee pot each day. Yum Yum. I have grown to enjoy coffee with natural salt in it. In some cases, I add 1/2 tsp into my cup of coffee along with my tablespoon of Coconut Oil. Yum Yum.

Grizz
    Oh if only I liked coffee....lol! I have never drank more than one sip of it ever. Oh, and I do also take the magnesium which I forgot to list. I tried putting sea salt into capsules after my doctor told me I needed more salt and I almost tossed my cookies once it hit my tummy all at once. I will just put on my big girl panties and CHUG 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon with water!!