Page 239 of 415 FirstFirst ... 139189229237238239240241249289339 ... LastLast
Results 2,381 to 2,390 of 4145

Thread: Iodine Anyone? page 239

DinoHunter is offline Senior Member
    Best thing to do is email the seller & ask them what the actual Mg per drop is because ive gotten 2 difrent "lugols" 12% but they have difrent amounts of iodine per drop (one is 6.25 & the others 8mg per drop)
    Nothing wrong with the difrence as far as im concerned as long as you know how much your actully getting & can adjust accordingly
    Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jimpag View Post
    Grizz; im from Sweden so cant use Amazon.com and on the amazon.uk I can use they dont have the 2% one but just a couple of brands with 3%, that would still work right just change the dosage acordingly etc?
    I should explain why the mg per drop is so important. We have discovered some serious detox symptoms at relatively low doses of iodine of 1mg. What we are doing is recommending cutting down 1 drop of Lugols with a bottle of water so as to get about 1/3rd of a milligram of Lugols to begin the 1st week. So dilute 1 drop into an 8 ounce bottle of water and drink 1 ounce daily for the 1st week. 2 ounces daily the 2nd week, etc. Keep the bottle sealed so the iodine does not evaporate.

Every drop of iodine kicks toxic chemicals out of our body, and it is far too easy to overload the liver & kidneys such that bloat, pimples, headaches etc can result. We don't want anyone losing days at work from taking too much iodine too soon resulting in toxin overload. We have been toxifying our bodies for decades, so a few more months spent detoxing is not a problem.

Complete details here:
    http://tinyurl.com/iodine-references

Grizz

oxide is offline Senior Member
    The patent is a pretty good source of evidence where female diseases are associated with (NOT necessarily caused by) iodine deficiency. For example:

The first association of an iodine deficiency state and benign breast dysplasia was reported by Vishnyakova and Murivieva in 1966 from Russia. They reported a 71% improvement rate in women with dysplastic mastodynia treated with potassium iodide (inorganic iodine).

However, people file patents all the time, even if they think the patent will never work. I heard that 0.5% of patents make it to the commercial shelf. So just having a patent doesn't mean that the process is successful. It only means there's enough possibility that they don't want anyone else to use it. Many drugs are patented, and then abandoned in clinical trials because the drug is either not effective, or no better than existing drugs.

Anyway, that patent was filed in 1995, but the iodine treatment must not have caught on, because we haven't heard about it. Not just breast cancer, but the other diseases. Endometriosis alone would be a huge moneymaker, not to mention curing PMS! So what happened to this iodine protocol? It certainly never made the news, so maybe it died. Did trials prove unsuccessful? Or could they not get funding for trials? Were, as Grizz said, results suppressed? The patent was filed in 1995, so it would have JUST gone off patent in the past few months. I want to see if there is any uptick in iodine research activity. If so, that's a sign that someone else is convinced and wants to try again. Conducting a trial would be relatively cheap and easy -- maybe this is what the Iodine breast cancer group is trying to do.

I wonder if any enterprising young pharmacologists have filed a patent for the whole treatment. That is, put the supplements all in one pill so patients wouldn't have to keep track. Just up the iodine portion of the pill when warranted.

Whatever, at least it's more evidence to go on. I'll still do the iodine test, and I do want to check dosages to make sure I'm not OD-ing on any supplements. Maybe then I'll consider this protocol. But I'd rather not have the bad-trip nightmares.
    5'0" female, 43 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Current weight: skinny-fat 106.5 lbs because of sugar cheating.

MY PRIMAL: I (try to) follow by-the-book primal as advocated by Mark Sisson, except for whey powder and a bit of cream. I aim for 80-90 g carb/day and advocate a two-month strict adjustment for newbies. But everybody is different and other need to tweak Primal to their own needs.

oxide is offline Senior Member
    My computer won't let me edit, so I want to repeat something: A patent does NOT mean that the protocol is a cure! So when someone says: "iodine will cure endometriosis -- I know because I read it in a patent," That is NOT necessarily true. All it means is that someone has a hypothesis they want to try. But we never heard anything come of this patent. So for some reason, either they didn't do trials, they did trials and they didn't work, or (conspiracy theory) they did trials and results were suppressed (unlikely).
    5'0" female, 43 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Current weight: skinny-fat 106.5 lbs because of sugar cheating.

MY PRIMAL: I (try to) follow by-the-book primal as advocated by Mark Sisson, except for whey powder and a bit of cream. I aim for 80-90 g carb/day and advocate a two-month strict adjustment for newbies. But everybody is different and other need to tweak Primal to their own needs.

DuhPrincess is offline Senior Member
    My dog, Annie, has had a big lump or cyst on her back near her tail for a few years. The vet told me it was a sebaceous cyst and to leave it alone and not try to squeeze it (which I hadn't). A month ago after the appt with the vet, I put some Lugol's on the area just to see what would happen. Last week I noticed that it seemed bigger and softer. Today I noticed that it had popped open and was draining on its own. I gently squeezed out the remaining pus and cleaned it with hydrogen peroxide and dabbed some more Lugol's on it. So the lump is gone and she's doing great! Iodine is amazing stuff!

Grizz is offline Banned
    I just found a great place for iodine research: Curzone.

Here is a message from Curezone:
    You have a nice detox; mine was hell too.

"When I'm drinking plenty of water my urine becomes colourless but as soon as I disolve a tablespoon of seasalt the next urine is green/brown and very cloudy and stinky. I guess this is the bromide coming out ?"
    -yes, Atrovent is bromide based; the salt / chloride brings out the bromide.

Heavy thoughts and depression may also be a result of your bromide;
    "dark thoughts (e.g., there is no reason to live)
    depression (e.g., there is no reason to get out of bed)
    anxiety
    emotionality"
    Iodine-related bromide detox symptoms and strategies

I would actually up the Iodine to 100 mg and increase the salt.
    Add some zinc and boron to your supplements, you will do fine; but it will take some time to detox ten years of bromide.

Why continue iodine; well, Germany is within the low iodine belt in Europe. Have a look around you; are people healthy and happy or not?
    This was a major motivation in my case; as my family and friends came down with one disease after the other; like cancers, Parkinson, MS, Lupus, Asthma,hypo thyroid, allergies etc etc.

"Germany spends the equivalent of one billion dollars annually in both healthcare expenditures and lost work time as a result of iodine deficiency and resultant ..."

"Although the primary recognized manifestation of iodine deficiency is endemic goiter, it is only the most visible and well-documented sign of a deficiency. There are several manifestations of iodine deficiency now termed iodine deficiency disorders. The majority of these manifest in infants and children as a result of maternal iodine deficiency.3 Hearing loss, learning
    deficits, brain damage, and myelination disorders can occur due to fetal or perinatal hypothyroidism. Infant mortality rates have decreased 65 percent in communities where iodine deficiencies have been eliminated.4 Maternal iodine deficiency manifests as low thyroxine, elevated thyroid stimulating hormone (TSH), and subclinical thyroid enlargement (subclinical goiter). As
    pregnancy and lactation increase iodine loss, the risk for goiter continues, and even after lactation ceases it may manifest as multinodular goiter and hyperthyroidism. Iodine deficiency in women can lead to overt hypothyroidism and consequent anovulation, infertility, gestational hypertension, spontaneous first-trimester abortion, and stillbirth.4 Iodine deficiency is also associated with increased risk for thyroid carcinoma in animal models and humans."
    http://www.thorne.com/altmedrev/.fulltext/13/2/116.pdf
    The above message link:
    http://curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1926777#i

Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 05-14-2012 at 02:16 PM.

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by oxide View Post
    My computer won't let me edit, so I want to repeat something: A patent does NOT mean that the protocol is a cure! So when someone says: "iodine will cure endometriosis -- I know because I read it in a patent," That is NOT necessarily true. All it means is that someone has a hypothesis they want to try. But we never heard anything come of this patent. So for some reason, either they didn't do trials, they did trials and they didn't work, or (conspiracy theory) they did trials and results were suppressed (unlikely).
    Oxide,
    Too bad you can't read my Iodine References. I've already done all the research & made it available to everyone. Everything is cut & dried by multiple doctors. Iodine does cure endometriosis. As I said there are hundreds of testimonials that you can search for at the Yahoo Iodine Group. The sooner you sign up over there, the sooner you will gain confidence in the iodine protocol. Are you going to be skeptical of testimonials? Or do you demand scientific proof? Unfortunately, no one is going to spend $$millions in research to sell a $15 bottle of iodine.
    iodine : Iodine

Try to get your PC fixed so you can read this file. It will save you a lot of grief & time:
    http://tinyurl.com/iodine-references

Grizz

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DuhPrincess View Post
    My dog, Annie, has had a big lump or cyst on her back near her tail for a few years. The vet told me it was a sebaceous cyst and to leave it alone and not try to squeeze it (which I hadn't). A month ago after the appt with the vet, I put some Lugol's on the area just to see what would happen. Last week I noticed that it seemed bigger and softer. Today I noticed that it had popped open and was draining on its own. I gently squeezed out the remaining pus and cleaned it with hydrogen peroxide and dabbed some more Lugol's on it. So the lump is gone and she's doing great! Iodine is amazing stuff!
    Princess,
    YAY ! What a great experiment for iodine. Did you shave the hair around her cyst? Did you use a carrier oil for the iodine so her skin did not get irritated? Or did you just apply the oil directly to her skin? Did her skin get irritated from the iodine?

Grizz

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    It is strange I would get a bromine rash so long after taking iodine. I certainly hope that is what it is because if I can get rid of this rash just by consuming a bunch of salt water, I will be very happy. It's driving me nuts and certainly doesn't want to go away on its own.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    I can squat 180lbs, press 72.5lbs and deadlift 185lbs

Grizz is offline Banned
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    It is strange I would get a bromine rash so long after taking iodine. I certainly hope that is what it is because if I can get rid of this rash just by consuming a bunch of salt water, I will be very happy. It's driving me nuts and certainly doesn't want to go away on its own.
    It may not be bromine. It could also be Fluoride or chlorine, All 3 of these chemicals are in the Halide Chemical Group:
    See this well done article:
    Iodine deficiencies & dosages

Also rash is among the listed detox symptoms, so we must assume the obvious and doctors orders are to do the salt flush with pulse dosing, and/or back off on dosage. Who am I to argue against doctors orders ?

What is your current iodine dosage & are you taking ALL of the required supplements? Required supplement list:
    - - tsp Natural Celtic Salt
    - - 200 mcg selenium (L-selenomethionine preferred)
    - - 400 mcg Magnesium - Glycinate preferred
    - - 2,000mg Ester-C Vitamin C preferred
    - - ATP Cofactors - contains B2 & B3 in the correct ratio
    Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 05-14-2012 at 03:39 PM.