Page 238 of 415 FirstFirst ... 138188228236237238239240248288338 ... LastLast
Results 2,371 to 2,380 of 4145

Thread: Iodine Anyone? page 238

cillakat is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by LynneF View Post
    I wonder what percentage of 50 year-old men have some kind of undiagnosed prostate disorder?? 60 year-old? Older?
    Warren Buffett

"75% of men over the age of 80 have cancer cells in their prostate, but in elderly men cancer grows so slowly that the men are much more likely to die of something else"

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

oxide is online now Senior Member
    Your silver platter of research crashes my internet. Sorry.

There are three Lugol's iodine at Amazon: J Crowe, Silver Mountain, Risingsun. I put Crowe's on the wish list, if only for the Iodine test. I'll decide later whether to do the protocol.

I will check the Yahoo iodine group, but as Pamsc says, this isn't mainstream, not yet. I see no reason to be a guinea pig if my only benefit is going to be prevention. Prevention is notoriously difficult to prove.

(The yaho groups thyroid cancer survivor at least counts as a success story.)
    5'0" female, 43 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Current weight: skinny-fat 106.5 lbs because of sugar cheating.

MY PRIMAL: I (try to) follow by-the-book primal as advocated by Mark Sisson, except for whey powder and a bit of cream. I aim for 80-90 g carb/day and advocate a two-month strict adjustment for newbies. But everybody is different and other need to tweak Primal to their own needs.

Grizz is offline Banned
    IMO,
    Iodine will NEVER go mainstream. Big Pharma is going to fight it every step of the way. There is just way too much money being made from keeping the population sickly. There is $50 Billions in cancer revenue at stake here. If every woman took iodine supplements, the breast cancer & mammogram industry would go bankrupt. If anything, Big Pharma will lobby to get iodine made illegal to stop us from taking it.

Why was iodine taken out of bread in 1980? Why was it removed from milk? Why all the negative publicity from Big Pharma about iodine? Why were HALOGENS put into bread & baked goods? Why isn't Big Food using iodized salt in all of their packaged foods? Why has regular salt replaced iodized salt on the grocery shelves? I have too many questions and no answers.

Grizz

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by oxide View Post
    Your silver platter of research crashes my internet. Sorry.

There are three Lugol's iodine at Amazon: J Crowe, Silver Mountain, Risingsun. I put Crowe's on the wish list, if only for the Iodine test. I'll decide later whether to do the protocol.

I will check the Yahoo iodine group, but as Pamsc says, this isn't mainstream, not yet. I see no reason to be a guinea pig if my only benefit is going to be prevention. Prevention is notoriously difficult to prove.

(The yaho groups thyroid cancer survivor at least counts as a success story.)
    Sorry that my Iodine References crashes your internet. That is too bad. I've seen as many as 15 people reading that file at one time, without any problems.

Then for certain your best bet is to join the Yahoo Iodine Group. You can search their site for hundreds of testimonials regarding cures for Fibrocystic Breast Disease, PCOS, Cysts, endometriosis & more.
    http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/iodine/

Cover letter for the Yahoo Iodine Group says:
    ===============================
    Iodine and human nutrition. How much iodine do we need? What are the best sources? What happens if we don't get enough iodine?

Iodine has been effective with hypothyroid and hyperthyroid conditions, goiter, fibrocystic breasts, uterine fibroids, ovarian cysts, brain fog, constipation, obesity, diabetes, cancer, high blood pressure, arrhythmias like atrial fibrillation, and detoxification issues (mercury, perchlorate, fluoride, bromide).

Iodine is in every cell in the body and is essential in pregnancy. It is found in high levels in the thyroid gland, breast, ovaries, prostate, liver, lung, heart, stomach, and adrenal glands.

There is currently a great deal of research on iodine and cancer, including cancer of the breast, colon, lungs, ovaries, pancreas, prostate, stomach, and thyroid.

Some doctors are now using iodine in the treatment of children with down syndrome as well as autism with positive results.

If you are an an Iodine Researcher, you may be interested in our subgroup, IodineResearch: http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/IodineResearch/

About the owner: I am a 12 yr thyroid cancer survivor saved by iodine. Treated with 3 rounds of RAI and still had registering Tg markers. In 2006 when my markers rose my endo recommended external beam radition. I sought the help of Dr. David Brownstein - one of the pioneers in iodine. He placed me on 50 mgs of iodine, detoxed, balanced my hormones, switched me from Synthroid to Armour and started a nutritional balancing program. I removed 11 amalgams and a root canal tooth. Today I am feeling better than I have in years! I am a Naturopathic Doctor Health Coach too. Join us!
    To your health!
    Stephanie
    www.naturalthyroidchoices.com
    www.steppingstonesliving.com
    Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 05-14-2012 at 09:00 AM.

Urban Forager is offline Senior Member
    Oxide:
    My family has been on iodine for about 2 months and the only side effect we felt was a slight head ache for 2 days and that was because I misread the instructions and we took more than we should have.

For the iodine test I just bought iodine at the drug store for about $2.

For a positive result from taking the iodine I can tell you that I had a fibrocystic breast with soreness for about 18 months prior to taking iodine. About 1 month into taking iodine it disappeared. So far taking the iodine has been no big deal for any one in my family. If there is a chance that it will help us I don't see why we should not take the iodine. Isn't prevention a good enough reason?

DuhPrincess is offline Senior Member
    For the last few days, I've been taking 50 mg's of Iodoral in the morning and another 50 mg's at night before bed. Just wanted to report that it hasn't kept me awake like I feared it might. I also take 1 ATP Cofactors with each Iodoral too. Plus the other companion supplements. I am feeling great lately. I am also doing a 30 day Mercury Detox program from my chiropractor and taking about 18-20 Chlorella each day as well. Iodine also helps detox mercury I believe. Years ago my doctor tested me for all heavy metals and I was very high in mercury & cadmium. But I was pregnant at the time so didn't really address it. My last doctor refused to help me with it. So I've been on my own for the most part treating my hypothyroidism, heavy metal toxicity & iodine deficiency.

The real question is this: WHY won't doctors treat these issues? WHY do they say that there is no such thing as Candida when in fact, yeast/fungus are linked to cancers by doctors outside of the USA? A lack of iodine can also be an underlying cause of fungal overgrowth. And too little iodine is linked to excessive Estrogen which is very hard on your body and hormone balance plus another cause of cancers. Yet it's so hard to find a doctor near me that will treat even one of these issues appropriately. Grizz is right--follow the money. The doctors are NOT educated about this and even if they know about it on their own, their hands are mostly tied. They are threatened with losing their medical licenses if they stray from the "Gold Standard" of Big Pharma medical treatment. It happened to my doctor who tried to help me with my thyroid. He was on Mary Shomon's Top Thyroid Doctor's List and someone made trouble for him and I doubt it was a patient who filed a complaint. He was prescribing natural thyroid instead of Synthroid so I suspect some local endocrinologist got their panties in a twist.

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by cillakat View Post
    Warren Buffett

"75% of men over the age of 80 have cancer cells in their prostate, but in elderly men cancer grows so slowly that the men are much more likely to die of something else"
    Cillacat,
    Welcome to our little iodine group. You have been my hero here at MDA since I first joined the group. Your wisdom & expertise is 2nd to none, & you are the BEST in my book.

Do you have any experiences & stories to share in using iodine?

It is a real honor to see you visit with us,
    Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 05-14-2012 at 12:01 PM.

jimpag is offline Senior Member
    Grizz; im from Sweden so cant use Amazon.com and on the amazon.uk I can use they dont have the 2% one but just a couple of brands with 3%, that would still work right just change the dosage acordingly etc?

Grizz is offline Banned
    Duh ! I am dense when it comes to female disease. I think I get it now that I've read this excellent link:

Every month we women build up cells in preparation for pregnancy, in our breasts and uterus. There is a natural occurrence every month called apoptosis, "programmed cell death", to rid the body of these unneeded cells when conception does not occur. Iodine and selenium both support the apoptosis. Without apoptosis, we end up with fibrocystic breasts, polycystic ovarian syndrome or endometriosis.

All of the studies, thus far, have been done on Fibrocystic Breast Disease[FBD], but along with curing FBD, iodine will cure endometriosis. I read of that in the patent application for the dosing device used in the Ghent-Eskin study:

Every month we women build up cells in preparation for pregnancy, in our breasts and uterus. There is a natural occurence every month called apoptosis, "programmed cell death", to rid the body of these unneeded cells when conception does not occur. Iodine and selenium both support the apoptosis. Without apoptosis, we end up with fibrocystic breasts, polycystic ovarian syndrome or endometriosis.

All of the studies, thus far, have been done on FBD, but along with curing FBD, iodine will cure endometriosis. I read of that in the patent application for the dosing device used in the Ghent-Eskin study:
    DISEASE STATES~ ENDOMETRIOSIS~ Can iodine therapy help? Nutrition > Supplements and Products > Iodine and Orthoiodosupplementation FAQ
    The patent listed in the above link must be seen to be believed. The drug companies are hiding Lugols Iodine (equivalent) into a patentable solution to treat female diseases ! With a patent, they sell iodine for a FORTUNE !
    Other links in the above message are equally amazing.

Grizz

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jimpag View Post
    Grizz; im from Sweden so cant use Amazon.com and on the amazon.uk I can use they dont have the 2% one but just a couple of brands with 3%, that would still work right just change the dosage accordingly etc?
    Beware some European countries use a different method for measuring Lugols. Whereas 5% USA Lugols is listed as 10% Euro Lugols. So, for example, Bobbys Healthy Shop England online. Bobbys 5% = USA 2%

So if you are in Europe, what counts is the mg per drop of iodine. You want the lugols that gives you about 2 to 3mg per drop.

Welcome to our group, & best to you,
    Grizz