Page 236 of 415 FirstFirst ... 136186226234235236237238246286336 ... LastLast
Results 2,351 to 2,360 of 4145

Thread: Iodine Anyone? page 236

DinoHunter is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Yup, Im glad I grew up learning to question everything, doing my own research & make my own judgments... Course that means the Drs & vets hate me LOL
    Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

LynneF is offline Member
    This is my first post. Wow, you guys have launched!

Thanks Grizz, for assembling all the great references. It would prevent a lot of misery if the iodine information could go viral.

The only stumbling block people seem to experience is when they don't take the salt water and companion nutrients to open up the detox pathways. Iodine pushs bromide into the bloodstreams of some people where they notice it. This can be avoided by scooting the bromide out.

A new study out this morning shows that the same team of scientists that showed iodine can slow down breast cancer cell growth and make the cells die naturally-- are now showing a similar pattern in prostate cells. Good news for the guys to avoid BPH progressing to cancer the same way women should avoid fibrocystic breasts progressing to cancer.

Great work on this forum!

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LynneF View Post

Thanks Grizz, for assembling all the great references. It would prevent a lot of misery if the iodine information could go viral.

The only stumbling block people seem to experience is when they don't take the salt water and companion nutrients to open up the detox pathways. Iodine pushs bromide into the bloodstreams of some people where they notice it. This can be avoided by scooting the bromide out.

A new study out this morning shows that the same team of scientists that showed iodine can slow down breast cancer cell growth and make the cells die naturally-- are now showing a similar pattern in prostate cells. Good news for the guys to avoid BPH progressing to cancer the same way women should avoid fibrocystic breasts progressing to cancer.

Lynne,
    Welcome to our little iodine group. It is indeed a pleasure to see you here.

Do you have a link to that study? The guys over at the Prostate Group are giving me a hard time - you know they are the "experts" and refuse to listen to anything that is not scientific studies. Here they are suffering with prostate problems and they are skeptical of iodine. I give them all the answers on a silver platter and they prefer to argue.

An old friend called me today, with really BAD prostate symptoms, to say that he is finally going to start on our iodine program. If he gets better, I'm sure he will be a great testimonial for your new forthcoming book. It will take 3 or 4 months before he sees any improvement, but maybe not in time for your book.

Everyone, Lynne is the director at BreastCancerChoices Group, and is going to present this seminar on breast cancer:
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post828337

She is also writing a much needed book on iodine, and is looking for some testimonials. If you have a great iodine story, please PM her a message.

Grizz

Grizz is offline Banned
    I have finally found the origin of all of our work:
    The Iodine Conference. Here is the slideshow:
    http://www.slideshare.net/MedicineAndHealth14/iodine

Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 05-12-2012 at 09:32 AM.

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LynneF View Post

Lynne,

The guys at the Prostate Group found that report and posted it already. I guess I convinced them to be aware of iodine for their prostate problems. YAY !

We score another success !

Grizz

Gwynn is offline Senior Member
    Grizz,

OT, but what Prostate Group are you talking about? Is it on Yahoo like the Iodine Group?

Gwynn

LynneF is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    Lynne,

The guys at the Prostate Group found that report and posted it already. I guess I convinced them to be aware of iodine for their prostate problems. YAY !

We score another success !

Grizz
    Grizz,

Great news. We have to make sure that people know the prostate appears to be like the breasts in that it swells, gets cystic, develops hinky cells, etc. The researchers found iodine is using the same cellular and enzymatic pathways in the prostate as the breast.

I wonder what percentage of 50 year-old men have some kind of undiagnosed prostate disorder?? 60 year-old? Older?

Lynne
    Last edited by LynneF; 05-12-2012 at 03:44 PM.

oxide is offline Senior Member
    I had a mammo scare myself (one little piece of dense tissue which showed up as asymmetry).
    I have normal thyroid (according to last bloodwork).

I wanted to try Logol's and the protocol, but to be honest, it sounds very dangerous if you do it wrong. Is it okay to just up my iodine and flush out the bromine gradually rather than give myself scary symptoms?

If we eat primal, does that reduce our intake of Bromine? What does your body do if it's not getting either iodine or bromine?

At the moment I use Sea Salt with Sea Veg (company from Maine) on my eggs every morning, 240% RDA iodine. Is this enough, or do I need to shock my system with tons of iodine?

By the way, I now take 4000 IU vitamin D (Bluebonnet chewables). Is that enough?
    5'0" female, 43 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Current weight: skinny-fat 106.5 lbs because of sugar cheating.

MY PRIMAL: I (try to) follow by-the-book primal as advocated by Mark Sisson, except for whey powder and a bit of cream. I aim for 80-90 g carb/day and advocate a two-month strict adjustment for newbies. But everybody is different and other need to tweak Primal to their own needs.

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwynn View Post
    Grizz,

OT, but what Prostate Group are you talking about? Is it on Yahoo like the Iodine Group?

Gwynn
    Gwynn,
    Yes, the Prostate Group where I have been promoting iodine is here:
    natural_prostate_treatments : Natural Treatments for Prostate Cancer

they seem to have picked up on the concept and may be running with it.

I also helped an old friend get started on the iodine protocol. He has a BAD, BAD case of BPH. He gets up multiple times in the night, pees his pants due to severe urgency, presses his abdomen to help get the urine out, and all the classic symptoms, only much worse. He started the iodine protocol today. If he improves it will be a miracle. He has ALWAYS been severely abusing his body with too much smoking, drinking, bad foods, you name the bad habit and he has it.

Grizz

Grizz is offline Banned
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by oxide View Post
    I had a mammo scare myself (one little piece of dense tissue which showed up as asymmetry).
    I have normal thyroid (according to last bloodwork).
    I have collected some excellent articles written by doctors on Fibrocystic Breast Disease [FBD]
    Several doctors agree that 90% of American women have fibrocystic breast disease that is easily cured with iodine and the required supplements. FBD is in various stages from microscopic to swollen & painful. The last stage is breast cancer. Cure the FBD with iodine with required supplements and you eliminate the risk for cancer. Also see the chapter Mammograms in the Iodine References.

I wanted to try Logol's and the protocol, but to be honest, it sounds very dangerous if you do it wrong. Is it okay to just up my iodine and flush out the bromine gradually rather than give myself scary symptoms?
    Yes. If you Slooowly increase your iodine dosage AND take the required supplements, you can become iodine sufficient with minimal if any detox symptoms. Follow these procedures and you should experience minimal if any detox.

If we eat primal, does that reduce our intake of Bromine?
    It will help, but it is impossible to eliminate the halogen chemicals that displace iodine in our cells. It is bromide in foods, fluoride in water & chlorine in pesticides. We live in a sea of these nasty chemicals. They are in our bread, drinking water, furniture, drugs, vaccinations, soft drinks, toothpaste, offices, carpeting. The only hope we have is to take more iodine with required supplements daily than the halogen chemicals.

What does your body do if it's not getting iodine?
    Women suffer from iodine deficiency 15 times more than men. Men just get prostate swelling. Women suffer hormone imbalance, fibrocystic breasts, PCOS, Endometriosis, cysts, symptoms of hypothyroid, brain fog, low body temperature, cold fingers & feet.
    See the Iodine References for the complete list of iodine deficiency symptoms. Click on the table of contents:
    http://tinyurl.com/iodine-references

At the moment I use Sea Salt with Sea Veg (company from Maine) on my eggs every morning, 240% RDA iodine. Is this enough, or do I need to shock my system with tons of iodine?
    That is not enough. Dr. Brownstein recommends 50mg of iodine daily with the required supplements to prevent toxic chemicals from displacing iodine in our cells & organs. The Japanese consume 12mg of iodine daily. Iodine is not a shock to our system. It is the halogen chemicals that are shocking our system. The body takes whatever Iodine it wants and the rest goes out in the urine.

By the way, I now take 4000 IU vitamin D (Bluebonnet chewables). Is that enough?
    Most of us need 10,000 IU vitamin D3 gelcaps to keep our blood level optimum at 70 to 100ng/ml. You should take the Vitamin D3 blood test to see where you are. At home test kit is only $65 - see my Vitamin D3 report below the line.

Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 05-13-2012 at 01:47 AM.