Page 233 of 415 FirstFirst ... 133183223231232233234235243283333 ... LastLast
Results 2,321 to 2,330 of 4145

Thread: Iodine Anyone? page 233

Shop Now
    I'm using the Real Salt, if you recall. I'll keep you updated on any detox symptoms I experience. I may, and if I do that's not a huge deal to me. Everyone does it differently though and not everyone who uses a different method is bound to misery.

I was actually curious though why they say the salt water flush has to be salt in water by itself, and you can't use the salt on food (or rather, it won't work if you do). I'm curious what the mechanism is - and does it also mean I should not do the salt water near a mealtime, so it's most isolated?
    ~Mollie

Started PB on Monday, June 4. I'm focusing on my health in 2012, including taking natural supplements, zumba and strength training, regular church attendance and studying the Bible, spending time with good friends, and reading more. I want to see what health milestones I can achieve this year!

Starting body fat - 41%
    Starting weight - 170 lbs
    9/4 body fat - 33%
    9/4 weight - 150 lbs

breadsauce is online now Senior Member
    Does anyone know if I can use Iodine (Lugol's) to sterilise the water tank on my narrow boat? There has been a scare about Legionnaire's Disease in the water tanks, if the boat isn't used for a while, and recommendation that bleach is poured into the tank to kill any bacteria etc and flushed through the system.

Would Lugol's do the same, and how much would I need?

Link to the story...

Legionnaires Disease, a warning - Canal World Discussion Forums

Grizz is offline Banned
    Breadsauce,

Yes, there are 100,000 links to sterilizing water with iodine. Google Water iodine.

One woman at the Yahoo Iodine Thread is even using Lugols to sterilize her natural milk straight from the farm.

Grizz

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PearlTigress View Post
    I'm using the Real Salt, if you recall. I'll keep you updated on any detox symptoms I experience. I may, and if I do that's not a huge deal to me. Everyone does it differently though and not everyone who uses a different method is bound to misery.

I was actually curious though why they say the salt water flush has to be salt in water by itself, and you can't use the salt on food (or rather, it won't work if you do). I'm curious what the mechanism is - and does it also mean I should not do the salt water near a mealtime, so it's most isolated?
    The object is to flush out your kidneys with a LOT of water following a glass of salt water.
    Grizz

Grizz is offline Banned
    Salt Flush to clear the kidneys
    ========================

SALT THE BROMIDE AWAY !
    * In addition to the daily teaspoon of natural sea salt taken with vitamins every day, if severe detox symptoms occur, we should also do the Salt Loading Protocol “Salt Flush.”
    tsp of Natural Sea Salt is dissolved in 1/2 cup warm water, followed immediately with 12-16 oz pure water. Repeat every 30-45 minutes until copious urination begins.
    * Repeat each day for up to 3 days if required to clear detox symptoms
    * or go back to a lower dose that was problem free and pulse dose.
    Pulse Dosing to clear the kidneys
    Pulse dosing of iodine has often helped our participants with detox symptoms: taking a 48 hour break from iodine supplementation as needed seems to enhance the kidneys' ability to excrete bromide and other toxins

More in "Iodine References"
    http://tinyurl.com/iodine-references

Grizz

Danielle5690 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by breadsauce View Post
    Does anyone know if I can use Iodine (Lugol's) to sterilise the water tank on my narrow boat? There has been a scare about Legionnaire's Disease in the water tanks, if the boat isn't used for a while, and recommendation that bleach is poured into the tank to kill any bacteria etc and flushed through the system.

Would Lugol's do the same, and how much would I need?

Link to the story...

Legionnaires Disease, a warning - Canal World Discussion Forums
    I don't know whether Lugol's will work, but definitely make sure you sterilize. Don't play around with Legionnaire's Disease. It put two of my siblings in the hospital when we were kids.

kabijo is offline Junior Member
    Hi Everyone,
    I'm pretty new here - been eating Primal (mostly) since November. I have some minor! issues that I want to solve and somehow I ended up on this thread. It's taken me 2 days to get through the reference guide and I think I have an understanding of what Iodine supplementation may do. I'm trying to solve low body temp (96.9 am), loss of hair, dry skin and a strange type of itchy, bumpy rash that comes and goes on my scalp. I realize that these are relatively minor problems compared to many, but I don't want to make a mistake and get in over my head. I started taking a multi vitamin that contains 200 mcg of selenium and 125 mcg of potassium iodide. After reading all of this information, this formula seems to be out of proportion, or maybe since the iodine amount is low, it doesn't matter. I like the rest of the ingredients in the supplement so I'm wondering if I can continue to take it. If so, I would think I could just add the Lugols using the very slow method described in the reference guide. I would also need to check on the B's, although I'm sure these are not the correct ones, and add some magnesium to my list. Is the Celtic salt only for detox symptoms or do I start it right away with the increased iodine? I'm not expecting any real detox issues as I mostly eat whole foods. I definitely don't want a complicated procedure because I'll never stick with it, so I'm looking for just the basic requirements. Am I a good candidate for iodine supplementation? I'm also secretly hoping that I can lose the 10 pounds around my waistline!
    Thanks for any advice.

I re-read the protocol again and I'm glad I did because I had misunderstood the dosing. I knew the recommended one had 3.1 mg per drop but I did not understand initially that you put one drop in a bottle and spread it out over several days. My doctor recommended one drop of iosol so I thought it seemed like a lot to do two to get up to the recommended dosage, but I knew how much Grizz loves this program so I just went with it. My mistake. I'll take a day off and start back with the actual recommended dosages...
    ~Mollie

Started PB on Monday, June 4. I'm focusing on my health in 2012, including taking natural supplements, zumba and strength training, regular church attendance and studying the Bible, spending time with good friends, and reading more. I want to see what health milestones I can achieve this year!

Starting body fat - 41%
    Starting weight - 170 lbs
    9/4 body fat - 33%
    9/4 weight - 150 lbs

aktres is offline Senior Member
    I've actually learned a lot about sulfites in the past few weeks. I've been trying to pinpoint the cause of this horrible perioral dermatitis and I'm casting a wary eye on fluoride and sulfites.

This thread is very informative and there are more if you search the site:

Anyone else with a sulfite intolerance? I would love to hear from you! - Allergies & Asthma - HealingWell.com Forum

I might start a thread on Avoiding Poisons. This thread has spurred me to read up on bromine and fluoride, I had no idea! And that led to the sulfite connection. Fluoride and bromide poison all of us. Sulfites cause reactions in a small minority, but can be deadly for some with asthma. Sulfites are used as a preservative. They've been used in wine making for hundreds of years. They used to be sprayed on salad bars until that practice was banned. However, they can still wash the produce in sulfites. Go figure. They are used in frozen potatoes - think restaurant french fries and my beloved tater tots. They are used in dried fruits, esp apricots. They are found in bottled water and are added to tap water (to prevent the pipes from rusting!).

We are being poisoned every day in myriad ways.

edit: Here is another good resource on sulfites: http://www.readingtarget.com/nosulfites/
    Last edited by aktres; 05-09-2012 at 07:44 PM.

DuhPrincess is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kabijo View Post
    Hi Everyone,
    I'm pretty new here - been eating Primal (mostly) since November. I have some minor! issues that I want to solve and somehow I ended up on this thread. It's taken me 2 days to get through the reference guide and I think I have an understanding of what Iodine supplementation may do. I'm trying to solve low body temp (96.9 am), loss of hair, dry skin and a strange type of itchy, bumpy rash that comes and goes on my scalp. I realize that these are relatively minor problems compared to many, but I don't want to make a mistake and get in over my head. I started taking a multi vitamin that contains 200 mcg of selenium and 125 mcg of potassium iodide. After reading all of this information, this formula seems to be out of proportion, or maybe since the iodine amount is low, it doesn't matter. I like the rest of the ingredients in the supplement so I'm wondering if I can continue to take it. If so, I would think I could just add the Lugols using the very slow method described in the reference guide. I would also need to check on the B's, although I'm sure these are not the correct ones, and add some magnesium to my list. Is the Celtic salt only for detox symptoms or do I start it right away with the increased iodine? I'm not expecting any real detox issues as I mostly eat whole foods. I definitely don't want a complicated procedure because I'll never stick with it, so I'm looking for just the basic requirements. Am I a good candidate for iodine supplementation? I'm also secretly hoping that I can lose the 10 pounds around my waistline!
    Thanks for any advice.
    The symptoms you describe (low body temp, loss of hair, dry skin) sound a lot like low-functioning thyroid. The iodide in Lugol's or Iodoral helps the thyroid. I am up to 100 mg's of Iodoral for the last few weeks. I have used some Real Salt (brand name) exactly once since starting the protocol. I had a headache one day shortly after getting to 100 mg's and drank most of a 1/2 teaspoon of salt in water. It did help me feel better within a short time. So you don't need to use the Celtic or Sea Salt unless you feel like you need it. If after using salt for 3 days without relief, then you would do better taking a few days off or reducing your dose for awhile.

I didn't add the ATP Cofactors until I got to a higher dose--around 38 to 50 mg's of Iodoral. You need 1 ATP Cofactor tablet for every 50 mg's of Iodoral you are taking. So now I take 1 Iodoral and 1 ATP Cofactor first thing in the morning and then take another dose of each one a few hours later rather than taking all 100 mg's together--just in case it may improve absorption that way.

I take half of my Vitamin C in the morning and the other half at night. I take the Selenium in the morning too. I take the magnesium at night as it helps me sleep.