Page 231 of 415 FirstFirst ... 131181221229230231232233241281331 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,310 of 4145

Thread: Iodine Anyone? page 231

Grizz is offline Banned
    Primal Fuel
    Regarding questions of using the ATP Cofactors tablet, which contains the B2 & B3 in the correct proportion, and also has the correct version of B3 to avoid the nasty flush usually associated with B3...

Lynne Farrow Said:
    * "I attended the first and second Iodine Conferences. Breast Cancer Choices was
    initially skeptical of the value of the ATP Cofactors. But we've since found
    from our own use, plus patient reports that they do increase the effectiveness
    of the Iodine Protocol. The two specific B vitamins seem to open the cells to
    oxygen and nutrient absorption plus aid in toxic excretion from the cells. The
    ATP Formula includes a niacin, not a niacinamide. Inositol hexanicotinate is
    wrongly thought to be a niacinamide but it is closer to a true niacin which
    opens the blood vessels. The goal in iodine therapy is not just change the
    physiology (function) of the organs but to change the anatomy (structure) of the
    organs. Iodine-deficient adults have had a long time sustain damage to organ and
    cell structure. The anatomy of the breast and thyroid sustains improved changes
    over the course of iodine therapy. Those body parts need to be rebuilt by the
    "opening up" of fluids and recycling oxygen to the organs. Anti-oxidants will
    also help reverse some of this damage that is caused by oxidation. But the ATP
    CoFactors "opens the windows" and clears out debris and lets oxygen clean house.
    As a personal anecdote, when I tried the ATP CoFactors, I got a stiff neck so I
    had to break it in half until my body got used to the circulation surge. I'm
    sure someone could skip the ATP CoFactors but in our experience it delays
    healing."

* "I would advise iodine-taking patients to take the ATP CoFactor formula from
    Optimox otherwise you risk getting the dosage all wrong and may get the wrong
    kind of niacin. The ATP CoFactors are part of the Iodine Protocol. They are
    required for optimum results. You waste money if you take iodine without the
    supplement that makes it work more efficiently.

Lynne Farrow
    Director
    Breast Cancer Choices, Inc.
    A Nonprofit Organization
    P.O. Box 1567
    Amagansett, NY 11930
    Breast Cancer Choices - Innovative Research and Patient Advocacy
    My own opinion is don't get the separate B2 & B3 because the ATP cofactors have
    minimal if any flush. If you get the wrong B3 niacin, the flush can be AWFUL for
    hours.

Grizz

Grizz is offline Banned
    @jo
    @tigress

The first doctor that recommended iodine on this board was Dr. Kruse and he recommended seaweed 3 times a week and a lot of seafood to get the required iodine into our system. We followed his advice and I noticed an immediate improvement in my sleeping & dreams. I also found my skin patch test disappeared in 3 minutes! Big problems with seaweed & seafood. Mainly we could not buy it locally.

Then, as luck would have it, another favorite doctor that I follow (Dr. Wm Davis) started recommending iodine 1/2mg to 1mg daily in the form of Seaweed capsules. So we switched over to this form for a month and I noticed continued improvements in sleep, and a dramatic improvement in dreams. This was also when I first started noticing an improvement in my prostate problems.

This period of February & March is when my research on iodine discovered the Pandoras Box of health problems and female problems caused by a nationwide iodine deficiency. This was also when I discovered Dr. Brownstein's exciting research on his Iodine Supplement Protocol, and the 6,000 members at the Yahoo Iodine Group using this protocol. And so as everyone knows, the wife & I switched over to the Dr. Brownstein Protocol. IMO, this is the very best protocol to follow. All of this is documented from the beginning of this thread.

If there is a better doctor sponsored iodine protocol out there, lets talk about it. We want only the very best for members of this group. IMO, whatever plan we follow must be sponsored by a doctor and be time tested & proven.

Grizz

I'm not questioning the validity of the protocol, I'm questioning your self-assigned position of authority to tell other members what they "must" do. Even in your last sentence, in your opinion "we" "must" follow a doctor's plan... If by "we" you mean you and your wife, then that's awesome, go for it. If, as I take from your previous posts, by "we" you mean everyone, then I respect your opinion that people should follow a doctor's plan but still think you're out of line. A forum is not a binding group in which everyone "must" do the same things. Just because you like it, even if you have excellent reasons to support it, does not mean you get to tell other people what they should or must do. That's all I'm saying. Again, this is especially true when people like me didn't even ask for your opinion on a product, just on why someone said it doesn't have an ingredient but the label says it does...

I appreciate your passion for the topic, but I just really don't appreciate a stranger on the internet telling me what I must do. This should be a safe place for people to ask questions and get answers for various people and resources, without someone getting in their face about what brand of product they picked.
    ~Mollie

Started PB on Monday, June 4. I'm focusing on my health in 2012, including taking natural supplements, zumba and strength training, regular church attendance and studying the Bible, spending time with good friends, and reading more. I want to see what health milestones I can achieve this year!

Starting body fat - 41%
    Starting weight - 170 lbs
    9/4 body fat - 33%
    9/4 weight - 150 lbs

DuhPrincess is offline Senior Member
    Mollie,

Using Iodine/Iodide at these high doses is considered pretty radical by most people. Grizz has shown himself from the beginning of his postings to be a cautious and responsible guy. He's encouraging us all to use iodine in the way that has been proven to be the safest from those doctors with experience with it.

If you use Iodoral however you want (which certainly is your right) and then things go south by ignoring the good advice posted here, we won't necessarily know how to fix it if you come back seeking help. There's already enough concern that Iodoral or Lugols will be harder to obtain in the future. Posting nightmares experiences after your poor use of it will only expedite the FDA banning it. Grizz has a conscience and is looking out for all of us. Accept his kindness for what it is. You are still free to do what you want. Grizz only tells you what you MUST do for the best results. Beyond that, you're on your own. No one likes to be told what to do & neither do I. But I trust Grizz because he is sincere and does have a passion for this simple treatment as I also do after first learning about it over 6 years ago. I tried this before and got headaches using another protocol that wasn't Dr Brownstein's or Dr Wright's nor did it use Iodoral or Lugols. I've been fortunate to get to 100 mg's with little detoxing symptoms this time. And I credit that with following the best protocol currently known at this time which includes using the companion supplements that Grizz repeatedly posts for us. The research he posts here has saved me countless hours of time. I still read the links he provides because I am ultimately responsible for my own health.

So do what you want but remember that we aren't doctors here. We can't fix stupid.

Grizz is offline Banned
    Gems from the Internet
    (List owner asks to be anonymous)

What about Fibromyalgia & Iodine?
    ====================================
    My friend has been taking 50mg of iodine with companion supplements for a couple months and her fibromyalgia is better. She can move more freely, has less pain, less mental fog and feels rested with 8 hrs. of sleep instead of needing 12-13 to function.
    - - -

Fibromyalgia + Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
    ====================================
    Concerning fibromyalgia and cfs (conditions of mine), iodine has given me my life back and I've only been supplementing for a month. I'm not 100% cured by any means but I don't remember a time in my life that I was capable of doing so much and not crashing. Everything from my IBS to severe brain fog and fatigue to heavy, achy limbs that burned because they hurt so bad has been addressed by iodine.
    I would say that even if there was no proof that it helped directly with MS, it would improve ur quality of life anyway. Don't wait too long!
    Sent on the Sprint® Now Network from my BlackBerry®
    - - -
    Cause of Fibromyalgia
    "In fibromyalgia patients, what I have found in my practice is that there are two primary causes: the first is in one hundred percent of the patients I’ve seen with fibromyalgia—when I test them, they are toxic with heavy metal poisoning. The second cause is that many, many people in our society are deficient in the element iodine, and when any tissue in the body becomes deficient in iodine, it will become fibrous, painful, and can possibly develop cysts and nodules, which are often found in fibromyalgia patients.

"Fibromyalgia Toxin Considerations and Iodine Deficiencies
    When I evaluate the patient and they have the classic pain pattern with pain at the trigger points of fibromyalgia, I basically consider all cases of fibromyalgia to involve heavy metal toxicities, and/or iodine deficiencies, until I prove otherwise through the test results. So far, in every fibromyalgia patient I’ve seen, I have yet to prove otherwise, meaning they all have heavy metal toxicities, and usually iodine deficiencies. So that’s where I start—I begin a treatment protocol aimed at assisting the body to eliminate heavy metals from the body and replacing iodine at a sufficient dose based on the test results.
    Successfully Treat Fibromyalgia with Naturopathic Medicine > Fibromyalgia Symptoms, Cause, Diagnosis, Treatment, Diet, Supplements
    This information on iodine & Fibromyalgia was difficult to find. Of course, the Dr. Brownstein Protocol detoxes the body of halide toxins as well as heavy metals.

Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 05-07-2012 at 01:38 AM.

Grizz is offline Banned
    Gems from the Internet
    (List owner asks to be anonymous)

Fibromyalgia
    ===============================
    I'm 28, married and have 3 kids...first ever fibromyalgia symptom (according to doctors) was mild nagging upper back pain. It started a few months after my first child in 2003...progressed into deep throbbing pain withing 3 yrs and after my 2nd child, I had my 1st spasm...spasms have gotten so bad and so frequent that I fear them. The longest one lasted 14 hours and put me in the ER... and when it was over, I threw up everywhere, slept for a week and lost 10 pounds. My most recent spasm was about 6 months ago. They tend to last about 2-3 hours but can last longer...and sometimes I go months without them and then there are months I have them every week...one 3 day weekend I had two everyday. I absolutely would rather die than have a spasm. When I say spasms, think of having the wind knocked out of you while being crushed by a truck and someone twisting a knife in and out of your shoulder blade...for hours, nons-top while you cry out to God to take your life because He refuses to help you. It was that
    bad. I have seen tons of docs...the 1st told me I had mild scoliosis and put me in phys therapy which was a joke because I worked out like a crazy woman...I stretched, I ran, I lifted, I cycled, I danced! Physical therapy made me want to pull my hair out, it was so boring. Then a few yrs later, the spasms start getting so bad, I start getting depressed, go to doc...who gives me ramadol and flexeril...which I read shouldn't be taken together...lovely! This doc at least sends me to a nuerologist at a medical
    college (I drive over an hour to get there). Then he does everything every other doc has done and tells me nothing is wrong...tells me to come back in September for an EMG. EMG is normal. I have had x-rays (scoliosis showed), MRI (bulging discs in my neck), aldolase levels are raised slightly, body temp always slightly low, possible hypothyroid (numbers keep bouncing just below normal and then back to normal)...everything else is normal. Family doc thinks I'm a head case apparently because she keeps pushing psych meds that I refuse to take.

I found that certain foods (mainly sugar and simple carbs) irritated my back more...also, lack of exercise makes me ache...if not taking tramadol, I felt weak and semi-paralyzed...like a 28 yr old trapped in a 60 yr old's body..this was pre-tramadol as well...the tram gave me energy and motivated me to do things that otherwise, I would not...because I'd rather have slept all day long...I felt nauseous and sick most of the time, especially after eating. I never had the energy to play with my children. My fatigue was so
    severe, I fell asleep while driving. As soon as I got up in the morning, putting on clothes was a chore. Even though I had love in my life and children and a wonderful husband, I don't understand how I lived so many years feeling so miserably and NO ONE HELPED ME! Doctors are so careless! I recently gained 20 pounds in 6 months doing nothing different. My skin was getting bad. Dry but breaking out. I asked several times for help because I felt so tired, sick..at one point, I couldn't breathe and still have shortness of breath. I just can't get a deep, even breath. Guess what my lovely doc says? "Double ur anxiety meds." HA! Little did she know, I wasn't even taking them to begin with! I'm anxious because I hurt, am tired, cannot breathe and I secretly wish to be dead rather than to live like this forever. Symptoms got worse and worse over the years.

This was only two weeks ago. Since starting iodine, I feel like I have gotten my life back. I feel ashamed to have lived in a stupor like a zombie for so long, just trying to get by each day. Even in the midst of detox symptoms, I have done more in two weeks than I have in the last year! I feel awesome! I LOVE life! I am losing inches, not weight yet but who cares!? I have apologized profusely to my husband for being so sick and lazy and thanked him for loving me so much. He basically took care of me and three kids for the last 3 years as I had been progressively getting worse. Even though I am so happy now, I want to cry for my old self and the years wasted. I want to help those around me. I see obese women and tired men and feel so bad for them. I want to help! I'm awake and alive! I'm even smarter.

Are there any other young moms out there who can relate to my story? How successful have u been in healing and at what point do u feel u are healed and are just maintaining?
    Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 05-07-2012 at 05:53 AM.

Grizz is offline Banned
    Tigress,

You can do anything you want to do. If you take iodine at all, you should pick an iodine aware doctor and follow his directions to the letter. This means following doctors orders.

Please let us know which doctor you choose to follow.

Grizz

Let me tell you, I'm very hopeful about the benefits of iodine! With all the health concerns I've had in the past few years, and ESPECIALLY with my mother being diagnosed with breast cancer last year, and my grandma with lung cancer (lifelong smoker though), I'm excited to see what happens.

Just for you, Grizz, I did talk with my most trusted doctor yesterday when I saw him for other things. He's a chiropractor, DC, FIAMA, ABMDI (I don't know what most of those mean), and has healed myself and many of my friends of things "regular" doctors couldn't fix. Including my intense sulfite sensitivity, which was awesome. Anyway, he recommended the supplement I'm using, and when I told him it was recommended to me to also use sea salt, magneseum, and seleneum, he said those were exactly right. I don't care to disclose his name for internet privacy reasons, but there you have it. And I absolutely do appreciate all the research you make available to the public in this thread and I love reading it. I just have a problem with you telling people what they must do, but I've said my bit and you can talk to people however you want.

Right now I'm doing two drops which is just under the recommended starting low-level dosage. I'm also doing the natural salt ("Real Salt"*), selenium, magnesium, and a Rainbow Light multivitamin that covers the supplements I'm not taking individually. I was already taking St. John's Wart for depression along with B-vitamins, Omegas 3-6-9s, and Gingko for my poor fuzzy no-short-term-memory brain. I'm going to hold steady on all these supplements for the next 2-3 weeks as I have one more week of work and then a two week road trip with my mom, and when I come back I'm going to change my diet to primal.

*Real Salt - this comes from somewhere in Utah, so I guess it's not exactly sea salt, but it's definitely not table salt. It's brownish and has trace minerals of all sorts, unrefined, unbleachd, un-whatever else they do to table salt. My understanding was that it was important to get salt in its natural state, so I hope it's a good choice for this. What do you think? I could give you more information from the bottle if you want. All the other salts came in bigger packages that I couldn't afford along with purchasing all the other supplements, so I hope it's okay.

On a personal note, my doctor also said the lump in my thigh doesn't feel like a fatty deposit to him, like my 'normal' doctor said it was, and wants me to have it x-rayed... :-/ I feel worried about that. The reason I even asked him was because I dreamed it was cancer and wanted some reassurance. Hopefully iodine will help with whatever it may be?
    ~Mollie

Started PB on Monday, June 4. I'm focusing on my health in 2012, including taking natural supplements, zumba and strength training, regular church attendance and studying the Bible, spending time with good friends, and reading more. I want to see what health milestones I can achieve this year!

Starting body fat - 41%
    Starting weight - 170 lbs
    9/4 body fat - 33%
    9/4 weight - 150 lbs

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PearlTigress View Post
    He's a chiropractor, DC, FIAMA, ABMDI (I don't know what most of those mean), and has healed myself and many of my friends of things "regular" doctors couldn't fix. Including my intense sulfite sensitivity, which was awesome.
    That does sound awesome. Not to derail the thread, but can you elaborate on how one fixes/heals sulfite sensitivity? Mine's not intense by any means, but can be inconvenient.

Happy Paleo Girl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    Regarding questions of using the ATP Cofactors tablet, which contains the B2 & B3 in the correct proportion, and also has the correct version of B3 to avoid the nasty flush usually associated with B3...

My own opinion is don't get the separate B2 & B3 because the ATP cofactors have
    minimal if any flush. If you get the wrong B3 niacin, the flush can be AWFUL for
    hours.

Grizz
    I can attest to this. I picked up the Vitamin Shoppe brand of B2 and B3 and have been taking the recommended doses. However, when I take the B3 in the morning on an empty stomach (I don't eat until after I get to work), the flush is horrible. It starts off with an itch, then erupts in red inflamed patches all over my body. Luckily I get up early enough that it's all gone by the time I get to work, but it is rather uncomfortable! No such issues when I take it in the evening after dinner though.

Once I get through what I've already purchased, I'll go for the ATP Cofactors.