Page 229 of 415 FirstFirst ... 129179219227228229230231239279329 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,290 of 4146

Thread: Iodine Anyone? page 229

Grizz is offline Banned
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Forager View Post
    Wow! Grizz thanks so much for posting this information. I feel like I really dodged a bullet. To think of the needless stress I had and the money I spent on the useless mammogram and ultrasound last year! I am going to print up the article and give it to a few friends. I noticed when I started to talk one friend about iodine and fibrocystic breasts her eyes sort of galzed over and I could tell she was thinking " fringe idea". After all, her doctor never told her about the iodine connection so it couldn't have any validity.
    Ohhh my Gawd. THAT is exactly the problem I have. No one believes anything I say. If their doctor doesn't say it, then it just can't be true. This is why every word in my Iodine References is backed up by a doctor's article or video. I know these people will never believe a word that I say, however when they see doctors writing the articles, it makes them at least think twice.

Guess what? I just found out that my wife's sister who died of breast cancer had her 1st warnings of severe iodine deficiency 20 years earlier. She could not sweat. If you know anyone who can't sweat, they need iodine ASAP. It is an emergency situation! Unfortunately, no one knew then what we know today.

When you are talking about iodine deficiency with your friends, always preface it with Doctor Reports say, "......" We are just parroting what the best doctors in the USA are saying. Otherwise you will be talking to a brick wall.

Grizz

Quote Originally Posted by justaseeker View Post
    That product is iodine only. What we use and recommend here is a combo of iodine and iodide. Please see the reference file that Grizz has created at the link in my signature line below. In it you'll find more information and a link to the Yahoo Iodine Group "Bible" that has a list of products.

That said, if it were me I'd discuss this subject with my naturopath and ask about why s/he recommended an iodine only product. There may be good reasons for you to be taking that product.

Appreciate hearing back from you about what you learn/decide.
    I know this was from awhile ago, but I just purchased Iosol and found this via search. I don't understand Justaseeker's response, because my bottle of Iosol has both iodine and ammonium iodide. Is that new, perhaps, and Justaseeker was misinformed, or does ammonium iodide not count, or... ??? My natural grocer doesn't carry the one you guys all talk about, so I got this one. Please let me in on the secret as to whether it does or doesn't contain iodide pretty please! Haha. Thanks folks!!

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PearlTigress View Post
    I know this was from awhile ago, but I just purchased Iosol and found this via search. I don't understand Justaseeker's response, because my bottle of Iosol has both iodine and ammonium iodide. Is that new, perhaps, and Justaseeker was misinformed, or does ammonium iodide not count, or... ??? My natural grocer doesn't carry the one you guys all talk about, so I got this one. Please let me in on the secret as to whether it does or doesn't contain iodide pretty please! Haha. Thanks folks!!
    Tigress,
    Sorry, but there are only 2 forms of iodine acceptable for the Iodine Protocol.
    1) Lugols iodine 2% or 5%
    2) Iodoral capsules 12mg

Both are available at Amazon.com, and both are the correct ratio of Potassium Iodide and Iodine.
    Ammonium iodide is not acceptable, and the dosage per drop is a fraction of the dosage per drop of Lugols.

This is what you must order. There are other suppliers besides Amazon on the net.
    Amazon.com: Lugol's Iodine Solution(2 oz.) Twin Pack(2 bot.): Health & Personal Care
    You won't be able to find Lugols or iodoral locally. Sorry.

Please see instructions in our References Guide. The required supplements must also be taken. If you don't take the required supplements, then don't take iodine at all. This is serious business and there is no room for fudging. The Iodine Supplement Protocol was designed by some brilliant doctors, and we have zero tolerance for changing it.

Grizz

Gwynn is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    Gems from the Internet

My work here is drawing to a close. The Iodine Research File we have created over the past 3 months will now take over the role of teaching and education on the critical need for iodine.
    http://tinyurl.com/iodine-references

Please send this file to everyone you know in your Email, Facebook, Twitter and post it to all of the message boards you attend. Ask them to in turn pass it on to everyone on their list. The are hundreds of millions of women suffering from iodine deficiency who don't have a clue. They are depending on our tiny & obscure group to get the message out there. I would like to see everyone in the USA aware of iodine before I die of old age.

Grizz
    You have worked so hard on this and I appreciate it so very much.

Gwynn

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwynn View Post
    You have worked so hard on this and I appreciate it so very much.

Gwynn
    Gwynn,
    thanks for the kudos. It was a huge project, but well worth it. Now we can send all of our wisdom that we learned in this tiny obscure thread all around the world on message boards, emails, facebook, & twitter. We can get the word out to 100 million women needlessly suffering in terror over their fibrocystic breasts, suffering the needless PAIN of those damnable mammograms. There was no way to get 100 million women into our obscure little message thread, but we can surely send this link out to the entire world!
    http://tinyurl.com/iodine-references

We had best do it before the FDA or the drug industry Police get wind of what we are up to and shuts us down.

Grizz

jo
    jo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    Tigress,
    Sorry, but there are only 2 forms of iodine acceptable for the Iodine Protocol.
    1) Lugols iodine 2% or 5%
    2) Iodoral capsules 12mg

Both are available at Amazon.com, and both are the correct ratio of Potassium Iodide and Iodine.
    Ammonium iodide is not acceptable, and the dosage per drop is a fraction of the dosage per drop of Lugols.

This is what you must order. There are other suppliers besides Amazon on the net.
    Amazon.com: Lugol's Iodine Solution(2 oz.) Twin Pack(2 bot.): Health & Personal Care
    You won't be able to find Lugols or iodoral locally. Sorry.

Please see instructions in our References Guide. The required supplements must also be taken. If you don't take the required supplements, then don't take iodine at all. This is serious business and there is no room for fudging. The Iodine Supplement Protocol was designed by some brilliant doctors, and we have zero tolerance for changing it.

Grizz

Not so fast Grizz. I have been reading around the subject of adrenal fatigue and one problem is an imbalance at cellular level between sodium and potassium. I can see that this would be a reason for not including potassium iodide in the supplement. I don't know anything about ammonium iodide, but it may be acceptable in certain circumstances. I think more research is warranted before she throws it out. Lugol's and Iodoral are not available everywhere, and I am unable to import it from other countries because it gets stopped at customs, so some of us have to use other alternatives. Who knows, they may be just as good, it's just that research hasn't been done on them yet.

Grizz is offline Banned
    Jo,

Tigress or anyone else can do anything they want to do. It is just not for me to alter the Dr. Brownstein Iodine Protocol outlined in our Iodine References in any way. If Dr. Brownstien had wanted ammonium iodide he would have specified it. I cannot comment on any other iodine.

Grizz

jo
    jo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PearlTigress View Post

Hi Pearl

I found this in my researches:

Iosol Iodine is in my opinion the premier iodine supplement on the market today. This is because of the superior water solubility of the iodine. This feature makes free iodide readily available for your body to use.
    Further details here

I would certainly carry on taking it. I haven't heard negative reports so far.

ChilliSquid is offline Junior Member
    Hi all,

have started 2 weeks into dosing with iodine. I am using Lugol's 5% started with 2 drops then 3 drops. Supporting this with Magnesium (with Zinc), Himalayan Salts, Brazil Nuts for Selenium. I was trying this out to reduce my problem with hypertension. However, I have had headaches, neck pain, and a lot of fatigue. I was thinking, of course, detox symptoms, but I have also checked my blood pressure and it has elevated as well. Is there something else I should be adding for hypertension?
    Thanks for all your good work.

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ChilliSquid View Post
    Hi all,

have started 2 weeks into dosing with iodine. I am using Lugol's 5% started with 2 drops then 3 drops. Supporting this with Magnesium (with Zinc), Himalayan Salts, Brazil Nuts for Selenium. I was trying this out to reduce my problem with hypertension. However, I have had headaches, neck pain, and a lot of fatigue. I was thinking, of course, detox symptoms, but I have also checked my blood pressure and it has elevated as well. Is there something else I should be adding for hypertension?
    Thanks for all your good work.
    Yes, you should be adding this: FOLLOW DIRECTIONS.
    You are not following directions as outlined in the Iodine References. Count your blessings that you didn't get a puffy zit filled face with 30lbs of BLOAT. You have started with too much iodine too soon, and you are not taking the required supplements. You are missing Vitamin C in your supplements.

You are to begin with 1 drop in a bottle of water, then drink 1 ounce a day for the 1st week, and titrate up slowly over a period of months. You were also suppose to start with 2% iodine, not 5% iodine.

You could also have been afflicted with this bromoderma caused by bromide detox. Bromoderma is what has already happened to members starting with too much iodine too soon.

Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 05-05-2012 at 03:12 AM.