Page 226 of 415 FirstFirst ... 126176216224225226227228236276326 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,260 of 4146

Thread: Iodine Anyone? page 226

DinoHunter is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by jo View Post
    Regarding the water, I read somewhere (can't remember where) that too much water can lead to a loss of sodium balance in the cells and that you should add natural salt to the water if you are drinking large amounts. I'll try and find the source.
    Makes sense, if its flushing out toxins its going to be flushing out other things as well.
    Im adding him.pink salt to the first glass I have but might add to one mid day also to help keep balanced
    Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

ozbuckley is offline Senior Member
    Grizz,

With the ATP, is that only taken when we start using the Iodoral tablets? You state in the reference guide: "Dosage = 1 ATP Cofactors for each 50mg of Iodoral Iodine"

Thanks

Oz

Grizz is offline Banned
    OZ,
    There is some controversy over the ATP Cofactors, which are simply the correct Vitamin B2 & Vitamin B3 in the right ratio. The Yahoo Iodine group says they are optional, and the BreastCancerChoices group calls them required. Click on the links I have provided in that section to read all the details. I suggest taking them because they help open pathways to detox & to get iodine back into your cells. You might want to read Brownsteins book, he goes into great detail about the cofactors.

Grizz

jo
    jo is offline Senior Member
    Just came across this, for those with unexplained overheating with hypothyroid:

Many individuals with sluggish thyroid symptoms are not cold and may even be hot. Remember, normal cell energy production is 65% energy and 35% heat. In classic low thyroid both numbers drop. However, if thyroid hormone is still signaling cells to go, but cells lack nutrients to properly make energy, then a person may make 50% energy and 50% heat. If the problem worsens a person could make 35% energy and 65% heat. Such a problem will present itself as low thyroid, but it is really a deficiency in energy-producing nutrients like co-enzyme B vitamins, malic acid, Q10, magnesium, and antioxidants.*
    A common reason for low thyroid symptoms with excess heat occurs in the overweight individual. In this case the body is trying to dispose of surplus fat calories by converting them to 100% heat. Even though cells are not making adequate energy or heat for proper metabolic purposes, the heat is coming from the desperate attempt of the body to get rid of fat so it doesn’t clog organs, cells, and arteries. Eating according to the Leptin Diet really helps solve this problem.
    Those with thyroid problems often have trouble with temperature extremes, especially hot and cold days. Hot humid days are stressful; frigid winter days are stressful. The body’s heat regulating system simply struggles to keep up with environmental demands, especially when they are more extreme.
    The ability to heat up during exercise and cool down following exercise is a test of the thyroid system and a vital necessity for staying physically fit. Easily overheating from exercise, especially in warmer weather, is a sign of weakness in the thyroid system as is becoming too weak or dizzy during moderate exercise.
    Body Temperature and Thyroid Problems | Weight Loss News

Grizz is offline Banned
    It is time to start getting the word out there. Our masterpiece Iodine References file that we have worked so hard on over the past 4 months is ready for distribution to all of your friends, relatives, to Facebook, to your favorite discussion groups. Here are the links:

http://tinyurl.com/iodine-references
    http://tinyurl.com/Iodine-Guide

Here is the message I suggest posting:
    Title: Inexpensive solution for Fibrocyctic Breasts, PCOS, Endometriosis, cysts & prostate problems.

If you are still suffering with PCOS, Endometriosis, Fibrocystic Breasts, Prostate Problems or cysts there is a great deal of hope. Suffer no more. There is a simple & inexpensive solution. I have nothing to sell. I am simply outraged that this simple solution is being hidden by the Drug Industry while friends have been suffering for years.

THE number 1 cause for PCOS, Endometriosis, Migraine, Fibrocystic Breasts, cysts AND the resulting cancers PLUS Prostate problems in men with resulting cancers are ALL THE SAME ! Also hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, Graves Disease & Hashimotos. A nationwide severe iodine deficiency is causing all of this misery & expense. Every cell in the human body requires iodine to be healthy, ESPECIALLY our immune system, the reproductive organs, female breasts and the Thyroid which is responsible for our hormone balance.

What happened to all of that iodized salt??? Packaged foods use plenty of salt, but not iodized. What little iodine we have in our cells has been replaced by nasty toxins called Bromides, Fluorides & Chlorines. (Halide Chemicals) We live in a SEA of these toxins in our food, our drinking water, our toothpaste, hair coloring, everywhere! Every cell in our body requires iodine for us to be healthy. These toxins cripple our immune system so that so it is not as effective killing virus, germs, candida, & cancer cells.

For the complete and horrible story see this link, “Iodine References.” Click on the Table of Contents for testimonials, and how to safely get started on iodine supplements, and required vitamins. Also see many articles written by doctors to prove what I am saying is correct.
    Focus on reading Dr. Brownstein & Dr. Derry internet link searches

Print this report out and refer to it frequently.
    http://tinyurl.com/Iodine-Guide
    Please pass the above 2 files on to friends & relatives. Send them out on Facebook & Twitter. We need to get the word out to everyone to stop this nationwide suffering. Please help us put an end to this terror for women.

Symptoms from Iodine Deficiency – see links 1 to 4, 9 to 13

Symptoms from severe Iodine Deficiency
    * Migraine headaches (5,6) * Painful periods/heavy periods (5,6)
    * Pelvic pain (5,6) * PCOS (Polycystic Ovary Syndrome) (5,6)
    * Endometriosis (5,6) * Fibroid Tumors (5,6)
    * Pelvic inflammatory disease (PID) (5,6) * Breast pain (fibrocystic tissue) (5,6)
    * Cancers in female breasts & organs (5,6) * Loss of Libido (13)
    * Prostate problems including Cancer (7,8) * testicular cancer (7,8)
    * Thyroid Cancers * Erectile Dysfunction
    1) Iodine Deficiency | University of Michigan Health System
    (2) Thyroid Cyst Symptoms | eHow.com
    (3) Iodine Cures
    (4) Iodine Therapy
    (5) Iodine Deficiency and Estrogen Dominant Diseases - Jorge D. Flechas, MD - YouTube
    (6) Iodine for Health by Donald W. Miller, Jr., MD
    (7) Cancer and Iodine - The Iodine Project
    (8) Iodine Deficiency - An Under-Recognized Epidemic
    (9) Dr. James Howenstine -- Iodine is Vital For Good Health
    (10) Iodine and Hair Loss: Is There A Connection? | Natural Health & Organic Living Blog
    (11) Dr. James Howenstine -- Iodine is Vital For Good Health
    (12) Iodine deficiency symptoms and benefits | Foods containing Iodine | Overdose Symptoms
    (13) Dr. David Derry Answers Reader Questions -- Asthma and Thyroid Hormones

More very important iodine references:
    The Breast Cancer Choices Group
    Breast Cancer Choices - Innovative Research and Patient Advocacy
    Iodine For Health
    Iodine
    Natural Thyroid Choices
    Natural Thyroid Choices - Iodine Supplementing
    It is just not fair to 100 million women out there that we have all the answers buried in this obscure message thread. Dr. Derry said that 90% of women are suffering with fibrocystic breasts, and 50% don't even know it yet because it is still microscopic. LET US GET THE WORD OUT !

Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 04-30-2012 at 01:28 PM.

ozbuckley is offline Senior Member
    So can people who have hypothyroidism cure it so they no longer have to take medications like Natural Desiccated Thyroid?

I can't see on STTM if it mentions this or not.

the NDT med's would reintroduce the hormones that are not being produced so in the meantime the person can work on regaining their health naturally back and then slowly come off the med's in the future right?

There seems to be a big connection between the gut and the thyroid. So im guessing focusing on gut health amongst other things would help get the thyroid back to health so meds would be not needed.

Oz

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ozbuckley View Post
    So can people who have hypothyroidism cure it so they no longer have to take medications like Natural Desiccated Thyroid?

I can't see on STTM if it mentions this or not.

the NDT med's would reintroduce the hormones that are not being produced so in the meantime the person can work on regaining their health naturally back and then slowly come off the med's in the future right?

There seems to be a big connection between the gut and the thyroid. So im guessing focusing on gut health amongst other things would help get the thyroid back to health so meds would be not needed.

Oz
    See this link for the best answer:
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post809187

The way I see this is simple. If you are feeling terrible because of a severely damaged thyroid (from iodine starvation) then the 1st order of business is to start feeling good. Take the Natural Thyroid Hormone to get your T3 & T4 levels corrected now, and then as your thyroid recovers with iodine supplementation, you can begin reducing your NTH. Many people have reported full recovery of their thyroid while taking NTH. Others have reported that NTH was required for the rest of their lives.

It is a personal decision based on how you feel - there is no point in suffering severe symptoms of hypothyroid if NTH can make you feel normal again. If you are not suffering severe hypothyroid, count your blessings that you caught your iodine deficiency before it was too late.

Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 05-01-2012 at 02:03 AM.

otzi Guest
    What is your opinion of Kelp tablets for iodine? The bottle says, "Iodine (as kelp) - 150 mcg" Is that the same as 150mcg of iodine or is it just 150 mcg of kelp and who knows how much actual iodine?

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by otzi View Post
    What is your opinion of Kelp tablets for iodine? The bottle says, "Iodine (as kelp) - 150 mcg" Is that the same as 150mcg of iodine or is it just 150 mcg of kelp and who knows how much actual iodine?
    The only iodine that is recommended is Lugols liquid or the iodoral capsules both available from Amazon.com
    Kelp could have too much contamination from the sea.
    See this link for complete details:

Grizz

DinoHunter is offline Senior Member
    So possible detox symptoms at 40mg..
    keep getting these momentary areas on my skin (mostly arms & legs) that feel sorta like when you put heat rub on.. only milder. Its not painful or anything & not even that noticeable if Im busy.. just a bit...odd...

I dident notice right away because I have been getting numbness in my left leg (fibroid is putting pressure on a nerve ) & its a similar type of sensation so I dident notice the difference till I realized I could feel it on my right forearm.. & then realized it wasent actully numb, more like the feeling you get from rubbing icy heat rub on the skin.

& now I don't think ive actually had the numbness from the nerve down my leg feeling since I upped the Iodine to 32mg (Yesterday)
    Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/