Page 223 of 415 FirstFirst ... 123173213221222223224225233273323 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,230 of 4146

Thread: Iodine Anyone? page 223

Shannahsings is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    This is a fascinating thread. It really is. I have been reading it every night for the past 4 nights and was only on page 24 when I skipped to page 222. I figured at that rate it was going to take me over a month to finish the thread.

I have some suspicions about my iodine levels. Bought some wakame, brazil nuts and kelp tablets. Will probably rely more on the food sources, as it just makes more sense to me. Haven't yet done the skin test, but I'm curious so will probably order some drops.

Did I miss anything monumentally important by skipping those 200 pages? Did anyone have any major health break-throughs or revelations?

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Shannahsings View Post
    This is a fascinating thread. It really is. I have been reading it every night for the past 4 nights and was only on page 24 when I skipped to page 222. I figured at that rate it was going to take me over a month to finish the thread.

I have some suspicions about my iodine levels. Bought some wakame, brazil nuts and kelp tablets. Will probably rely more on the food sources, as it just makes more sense to me. Haven't yet done the skin test, but I'm curious so will probably order some drops.

Did I miss anything monumentally important by skipping those 200 pages? Did anyone have any major health break-throughs or revelations?
    @@ Shannahsings,
    You missed a lot. Focus on these 2 files:
    http://tinyurl.com/iodine-references
    http://home.comcast.net/~jocy1/junk/...h%20Iodine.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by dirlot
    So I have been 3 days up to 12mg lugols....no detox that I have noticed not sure what to do now.
    - - - add 1/2 tablet each month to eventually reach 50mg daily-refer to Dr. Brownstein’s Book
    - - - 50mg Daily is the dosage target recommended by Dr. Brownstein to overcome toxins
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...h.j2bu1bhmtyfe

Grizz

Grizz is offline Banned
    This discussion is very timely & extremely important in view of some recent messages here.

There is a chance that any one of us could have thyroid problems that may or may not be corrected by taking iodine supplements. Natural Thyroid Hormone Meds may be required to return to good health.
    * Do you have cold hands & cold feet? Do you have some of these hypothyroid symptoms?
    * Do you feel hot? Do you have some of these hyperthyroid symptoms?
    These are signs that you could have thyroid problems:
    1) As a result of long term iodine deficiency, or other problems, our thyroid could be permanently damaged, and thyroid medications might be required to recover our health in addition to iodine supplementation.
    2) Read StopTheThyroidMadness, “Are You Hypothyroid”
    3) Read HyperThyroidism Are you Hyperthyoid?
    4) Read, How to find a good doctor - It is important to choose the right doctor

If you suspect thyroid problems, don't do anything until you have listened to this excellent 2 hr interview with Dr. Flechas and the side effects of thyroid hormone. We can see from this interview that every attempt to restore the thyroid with iodine should be made before going on Thyroid Hormone. Then if you MUST go on thyroid hormone, then Dr Flechas explains how to ween yourself of Thyroid Hormone.

then see your selected doctor from above, and follow his directions for supplementing with Thyroid Hormone to restore your health. Some people may need to take Thyroid Hormone for the rest of their life, and others may be able to reduce or eliminate thyroid meds if their Thyroid ever recovers.
    As a group we are already seeing some folks that the above information applies to. Our thyroids & adrenals have been suffering from a forced starvation of iodine for so many years that they may have become damaged and may not heal without the help of thyroid meds and testing by a qualified doctor. Bottom line BOTH iodine AND Thyroid meds may be required in cases of hyperthyroid or hypothyroid. That makes this article essential: How to find a good doctor

We have recently discovered this VERY IMPORTANT TOOL to help us manage healing our Thyroid & Adrenals: charting our body temperature. More on body temperature here.

Diagram Key and Explanation:

A) Unstable temps: adrenal fatigue. Core temperatures have wide variations. They tend to rise in warm weather and fall in cold weather.
    B) Decreasing variability: with adrenal support, as the adrenal gland function improves, variability decreases (temps become more stable)
    C) Low but stable: after the temperatures have stabilized they still remain low but relatively stable.
    D) Stable and rising: after a period of being stable, the next phase of improvement is a gradual rise in average core temperature.
    E) Stable 98.6 F: This is typical of a healthy metabolic state.

Dr. Rind’s chart
    More about Dr. Rind
    Are we feeling hot? Or Feeling Cold? This is the direct tipoff to our thyroid-adrenal health. This graph changes everything we know, or thought we knew.

Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 05-02-2012 at 09:17 AM.

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwynn View Post
    Hi sbhikes,

I am feeling warmer too, but I don't know if it is because of the iodine or the warmer days. So taking the Iodoral before bed doesn't keep you up? I did not have a good experience with that. I couldn't hardly sleep, and when I did finally sleep, I had horrible nightmares.

Gwynn
    Well, I suppose some people would find waking up warm would be an issue with sleep but I don't. I sleep great and always have. Waking up warm just tells me I'm making positive changes. This reassures me and I go back to sleep.

I'm happy to feel warmer during the day. I do not think it is hyperthyroid at all. I have just been feeling a nice radiating warmth coming from within.

By the way, I found really good seaweed at my local health food store. It was fresh seaweed. It comes packed in salt in a small bag with recipes on the back. You rinse off the salt. Fresh seaweed is so tasty compared to the dried stuff.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Highest squat: 167.5 x 2. Current Deadlift: 190 x 3

Grizz is offline Banned
    The following blog traces Missy’s Armour and sluggish adrenal story in detail, from August of 2005 when she started on Armour, to the discovery of her adrenal insufficiency, to her cortisol use, to a supposedly successful wean off cortisol in the Fall 2006, and the return of her adrenal sluggishness, and beyond to 2009…
    http://www.stopthethyroidmadness.com...renal-journey/

This exchange underscores the importance of carefully reading StopTheThyroidMadness if we think we have thyroid problems.

Best of health to all,
    Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 05-01-2012 at 09:25 AM.

Grizz is offline Banned
    Iodine to Clear Out Sinus Infections
    =============================
    Q) Hi all, I'm wondering about using iodine for sinus related issues, i.e. infection, allergies and fungal situations.

Ponaris is an iodine based product for this application.
    http://www.amazon.com/PONARIS-NASAL-.../dp/B000NB5BFA

Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 05-01-2012 at 09:26 AM.

DinoHunter is online now Senior Member
    Quick question cause I dont feel like spending 3 days reading the whole thread again.
    For those of you that have had detox symptoms after upping your dose, were they apperent right away or after you had had the higher dose for some time?
    Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DinoHunter View Post
    Quick question cause I dont feel like spending 3 days reading the whole thread again.
    For those of you that have had detox symptoms after upping your dose, were they apperent right away or after you had had the higher dose for some time?
    Dino,
    Most folks get their detox symptoms right away. However, there are some who are taking the same dose for several months before enough toxins suddenly get dislodged to create symptoms. This happens mostly at the higher levels as in 25mg to 50mg. The good news is that all detox symptoms are transient. Read about JDW's shocking adventures in Testimonials. You can do a document search of JDW. You will find a lot of detox stories in testimonials.

Grizz

DinoHunter is online now Senior Member
    Yeah, ive been trying to find JDW's testimonial thread but no luck, advanced search says nothing posted by that user.. augghhh !
    Im looking at upping my iodine intake quite rapidly as ive started having symptoms directly related to the fibroids & dont think that taking my time is an option . Ive started noticing areas of my leg going temporarily numb, basically the fibroid is putting pressure on a nerve, although this could be effected by the fact that I really need to see my chiropractor (appt next week) ie back out combined with fibroid is causing a double wammy.
    Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

Grizz is offline Banned
    PrimalCon New York
    No don't search our messages.

Go here and use the Edit-Find search function near the top of the page:

Click on the Table of Contents to get to testimonials here:
    also click on aggressive iodine dosing notes

EVERYTHING in this message thread that is worthwhile goes into the above file so it doesn't get lost,
    so send this file on to everyone you know,
    Do you see "Iodine References" below my Sig Line? That is where everything is found.

Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 04-27-2012 at 01:27 PM.