Page 222 of 415 FirstFirst ... 122172212220221222223224232272322 ... LastLast
Results 2,211 to 2,220 of 4145

Thread: Iodine Anyone? page 222

Gwynn is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    I feel a lot warmer taking iodine, too. I had been taking only KI since that is easy for me to find in generous dosages and big bottles (saves money). Recently I've been taking iodoral, two tablets of the 12.5mg. It still makes me feel warm. I always take it at night before bed since that seems to be when I can remember. I usually wake up in the middle of the night feeling pretty hot. I think I am also starting to feel warmer during the day now, too. I stopped taking Vitamin D at the same time I started the iodoral since the sun is a lot brighter these days (figured I'd save money.) I thought maybe the Vitamin D was making me feel warm at night, but I'm happy to see it may be the iodine. Maybe it really does provide thyroid support. Feeling warm is the only thing I've ever noticed that it does to me, hence why I was asking if anyone has seen any changes from taking iodine.
    Hi sbhikes,

I am feeling warmer too, but I don't know if it is because of the iodine or the warmer days. So taking the Iodoral before bed doesn't keep you up? I did not have a good experience with that. I couldn't hardly sleep, and when I did finally sleep, I had horrible nightmares.

Gwynn

smgj is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwynn View Post
    Hi smgj,

I had to go find the lab results. I had both the IgA and IgG and Celiac Disease Panel. I also had the test where they prick your back. I had a few allergies to trees and weeds, but the food was clear.

Come to think of it, I am really not doing a full-blown elimination diet. I am doing Whole 30, which does allow eggs and nightshades. If I am not improving after two weeks, I'll eliminate those as well. Giving up tomatoes and eggs will be rough!! Way worse than grains and dairy.

Gwynn
    If you're in the green on the IgG, then you're hopefully good. But another thought... are you low-carb? I've heard that some people get exzema on very low carb - that they actually react with allergy to the ketosis itself.
    Female, have Hashimotos w/lots of antibodies treated with Erfa + levaxin (Norwegian equivalent to synthyroid)

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    I feel a lot warmer taking iodine, too. I had been taking only KI since that is easy for me to find in generous dosages and big bottles (saves money). Recently I've been taking iodoral, two tablets of the 12.5mg. It still makes me feel warm. I always take it at night before bed since that seems to be when I can remember. I usually wake up in the middle of the night feeling pretty hot. I think I am also starting to feel warmer during the day now, too. I stopped taking Vitamin D at the same time I started the iodoral since the sun is a lot brighter these days (figured I'd save money.) I thought maybe the Vitamin D was making me feel warm at night, but I'm happy to see it may be the iodine. Maybe it really does provide thyroid support. Feeling warm is the only thing I've ever noticed that it does to me, hence why I was asking if anyone has seen any changes from taking iodine.

sbhikes,
    You feeling warmer may in fact be because you are warmer - a symptom of hyperthyroid. Measure your body temperature before getting up in the morning to see if you are slightly above normal.
    … should be between 97.8 – 98.2. If it’s higher, you may be hyperthyroid, and if it’s lower, you are most likely hypothyroid. He also see this:
    Take your temp! | Stop The Thyroid Madness

Other hyperthyroid symptoms:
    Palpitations
    Heat intolerance
    Nervousness
    Insomnia
    Breathlessness
    Increased bowel movements
    Light or absent menstrual periods
    Fatigue
    Fast heart rate
    Trembling hands
    Weight loss
    Muscle weakness
    Warm moist skin
    Hair loss
    Staring gaze (bug-eyed)

More on hyperthyroid:
    [quote]In healthy people, the thyroid makes just the right amounts of two hormones, T4 and T3, which have important actions throughout the body. These hormones regulate many aspects of our metabolism, eventually affecting how many calories we burn, how warm we feel, and how much we weigh. In short, the thyroid "runs" our metabolism.
    More:
    Hyperthyroidism: Signs, Symptoms, Diagnosis, Causes and Treatments of Hyperthyroidism. - Part 1: Introduction to hyperthyroidism

If you think you are hyperthyroid, you should see a good doctor: How to choose a good doctor:
    HOW TO FIND A GOOD DOCTOR | Stop The Thyroid Madness

Two other thoughts:
    1) Are you taking the ATP Cofactors and ALL of the required supplements?
    ATP cofactors are especially important for thyroid conditions in clearing pathways, and selenium is VITAL for your thyroid to prevent autoimmune symptoms.

2) Try reducing back to 1/2-iodoral & do the salt flush in case you are showing detox symptoms:
    Iodine-related bromide detox symptoms and strategies

Also, spend some quality time in this document:
    Site Map | Stop The Thyroid Madness

Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 04-26-2012 at 01:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by smgj View Post
    If you're in the green on the IgG, then you're hopefully good. But another thought... are you low-carb? I've heard that some people get exzema on very low carb - that they actually react with allergy to the ketosis itself.
    I have done low-carb, but lately, no. This diet thing is actually an experiment b/c I don't know what the heck is wrong with me.

Thanks!
    Gwynn

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwynn View Post
    Grizz,

That is why I decided to do a full-blown elimination diet on myself. I had my allergies tested a few weeks ago, including blood work, and all was negative. I still think something is wrong, though. I have horrible itching and brain fog. I know stress steals IQ points, but the itching?

Gwynn
    Gwynn,
    Itching is a detox symptom, so is brain fog. Detox Symptoms
    You might try cutting back on iodine dosage & do the salt flush.

Tell me more about your itching. Where does it itch? Are there welts ( as like a mosquito bite)? Does it itch more at night?

Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 04-26-2012 at 02:37 PM.

Owl
    Owl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    Thanks for that update. I sent it to my friend right away. Also this just came in from the Yahoo Iodine Group that is fascinating:

The Gerson people are super boosting the immune system and they are properly using iodine to help. If I were battling cancer, I would seriously look into Gerson.

Grizz
    I just looked at the Gerson site. Unfortunately, they are doing a vegetarian diet. I found out something interesting - did you know that a PET scan, which is used to detect cancerous tumors, actually detects areas of extreme glucose usage by the body? Glucose feeds cancer cells, causing them to grow faster. So any diet that includes many carbs, which turn to glucose in your body, is not good. A ketogenic diet would be much better.

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Owl View Post
    I just looked at the Gerson site. Unfortunately, they are doing a vegetarian diet. I found out something interesting - did you know that a PET scan, which is used to detect cancerous tumors, actually detects areas of extreme glucose usage by the body? Glucose feeds cancer cells, causing them to grow faster. So any diet that includes many carbs, which turn to glucose in your body, is not good. A ketogenic diet would be much better.
    Owl,
    good for you to notice that! You are RIGHT ON - sugar does feed cancer. I guess I will scratch Gerson off my cancer list.
    You are one sharp cookie,
    Grizz

Happy Paleo Girl is offline Senior Member
    You will all will be amazed. All of those diseases are caused by gluten sensitivity, celiac disease !
    All have one thing in common - severe inflammation at one point or another in time.

AMAZING !
    Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders - Celiac.com

Grizz
    Woo hoo, I guessed right!

Gwynn,
    Itching is a detox symptom, so is brain fog. Detox Symptoms
    You might try cutting back on iodine dosage & do the salt flush.

Tell me more about your itching. Where does it itch? Are there welts ( as like a mosquito bite)? Does it itch more at night?

Grizz
    Hi Grizz,

The itching has been going on over ten years and I have seen four or five doctors. All had differing opinions, and I am still itching!!! Brain fog too, but I will admit it has gotten worse lately. However, as I said above, I have been beyond stressed this whole year, and I know that has contributed to the fog.

Yes, the itching is worse at night. Tell you what, I'll pm you since this is off topic.

Gwynn

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    So I have been 3 days up to 12mg lugols....no detox that I have noticed not sure what to do now.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!