Page 221 of 415 FirstFirst ... 121171211219220221222223231271321 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,210 of 4145

Thread: Iodine Anyone? page 221

Grizz is offline Banned
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by ozbuckley View Post
    Good to hear.

In the doc you wrote: "read how to find a good doctor - This is the most vital".

I was hoping to experiment with Iodine supplementing without getting a doctor involved. Now Im not too sure. Maybe Im just too stubborn?
    Like I said, iodine alone could cure your symptoms completely but just be aware that you could also have full blown hypothyroid so it doesn't hurt to get prepared and learn all about it, just in case. The instructions are there if you need them. That is what counts.

Grizz

Gwynn is offline Senior Member
    Grizz, I thought that it might be something like that. Just didn't want to pull the trigger though!LOL

Gwynn

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwynn View Post
    Grizz, I thought that it might be something like that. Just didn't want to pull the trigger though!LOL

Gwynn
    Gwynn,
    Gluten sensitivity has to be a Doctors nightmare. The problem is that many people suffering Celiac don't have anything to measure, no anti-bodies. So doctors just treat the symptoms and call it a day. Like my friend whose wife is suffering from Interstitial Cystitus must pay $3,000 a year for a drug to wash over the symptoms of painful bladder. Who would ever guess that so many nasty afflictions could come from Celiac Disease? Amazing.

Grizz

smgj is offline Senior Member
    I don't have celiac ... I don't have any intestinal problems when eating grains. BUT when I stopped grains all my sinus problems (20-25 years of narrow ear tubes, watery middle ear, sinusitis after EVERY cold ... ) disappeared. And they re-appeared upon re-introducing grains.
    In addition I get edemas (not major, but enough to bloat 2-3kg/5lbs and my wedding band gets narrow) and I get cubital tunnel syndrome (because the nerves get pinched from the swelling).

Grains are not food... they are a slow death through illness. (Grains = gluten containing grains.)

BTW - grain intolerance is VERY common with hashimotos.
    Last edited by smgj; 04-26-2012 at 05:42 AM.
    Female, have Hashimotos w/lots of antibodies treated with Erfa + levaxin (Norwegian equivalent to synthyroid)

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by smgj View Post
    I don't have celiac ... I don't have any intestinal problems when eating grains. BUT when I stopped grains all my sinus problems (20-25 years of narrow ear tubes, watery middle ear, sinusitis after EVERY cold ... ) disappeared. And they re-appeared upon re-introducing grains.
    In addition I get edemas (not major, but enough to bloat 2-3kg/5lbs and my wedding band gets narrow) and I get cubital tunnel syndrome (because the nerves get pinched from the swelling).

Grains are not food... they are a slow death through illness. (Grains = gluten containing grains.)

BTW - grain intolerance is VERY common with hashimotos.
    Thanks for that update. I sent it to my friend right away. Also this just came in from the Yahoo Iodine Group that is fascinating:
    Q) A lady in our village in her 50s has just been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. I know that this is regarded as terminal but is it too late to tell her about iodine? She had an exploratory op last week for a sudden intestinal blockage but had been relatively well until then.

A) Have her check out The Gerson Therapy: Gerson Institute They use Lugol's along with their nutritional therapy.
    Kind regards,
    Kathleen, moderator
    Yahoo! Groups
    The Gerson people are super boosting the immune system and they are properly using iodine to help. If I were battling cancer, I would seriously look into Gerson.

Grizz

Grizz is offline Banned
    Exceptional Interview with Dr. Jorge Flechas On Iodine Therapy For Thyroid, Fibromyalgia, cancer, Fibrocystic Breast Disease And More!
    283: Dr. Jorge Flechas On Iodine Therapy For Thyroid, Fibromyalgia And More! | The Livin La Vida Low-Carb Show
    I have to say, don't miss this interview.

His Home Page:
    Flechas Family Practice

Grizz

Grizz,

That is why I decided to do a full-blown elimination diet on myself. I had my allergies tested a few weeks ago, including blood work, and all was negative. I still think something is wrong, though. I have horrible itching and brain fog. I know stress steals IQ points, but the itching?

Gwynn

smgj is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwynn View Post
    Grizz,

That is why I decided to do a full-blown elimination diet on myself. I had my allergies tested a few weeks ago, including blood work, and all was negative. I still think something is wrong, though. I have horrible itching and brain fog. I know stress steals IQ points, but the itching?

Gwynn
    Was it an IgA-test or an IgG (or something else)? A traditional allergy test is IgA and tests typical allergic reactions.... IgF (as explained to me) isn't accurate, but it will tell if the gut is leaky. If the gut is leaky there is a high probabillity for food intolerances...

Gluten and/or dairy /and or plants from the solanum family (potato, tomato etc) is quite common.
    Female, have Hashimotos w/lots of antibodies treated with Erfa + levaxin (Norwegian equivalent to synthyroid)

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    I feel a lot warmer taking iodine, too. I had been taking only KI since that is easy for me to find in generous dosages and big bottles (saves money). Recently I've been taking iodoral, two tablets of the 12.5mg. It still makes me feel warm. I always take it at night before bed since that seems to be when I can remember. I usually wake up in the middle of the night feeling pretty hot. I think I am also starting to feel warmer during the day now, too. I stopped taking Vitamin D at the same time I started the iodoral since the sun is a lot brighter these days (figured I'd save money.) I thought maybe the Vitamin D was making me feel warm at night, but I'm happy to see it may be the iodine. Maybe it really does provide thyroid support. Feeling warm is the only thing I've ever noticed that it does to me, hence why I was asking if anyone has seen any changes from taking iodine.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 170 x 3. Current Deadlift: 220 x 3

Hi smgj,

I had to go find the lab results. I had both the IgA and IgG and Celiac Disease Panel. I also had the test where they prick your back. I had a few allergies to trees and weeds, but the food was clear.

Come to think of it, I am really not doing a full-blown elimination diet. I am doing Whole 30, which does allow eggs and nightshades. If I am not improving after two weeks, I'll eliminate those as well. Giving up tomatoes and eggs will be rough!! Way worse than grains and dairy.

Gwynn