Page 219 of 415 FirstFirst ... 119169209217218219220221229269319 ... LastLast
Results 2,181 to 2,190 of 4145

Thread: Iodine Anyone? page 219

Grizz is offline Banned
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by ozbuckley View Post
    Hi Grizz and others,

I read the Iodine reference and I really wanna start supplementing in some Iodine.

I've got super cold hands, feet, and nose when the temperature drops below 15*c... and where I am, winter is on its way!! Plus some other symptoms that could be helped with iodine supps. Some quick questions...

1. I'm wondering if it is IMPERATIVE to go and get thyroid tests done or see a doctor before starting?

2. are there any good iodine drops on iherb.com you recommend?

3. So we only start taking iodide after the 8th week via iodoral? I've got some skin issues so I thought the iodide might help it out.

Thanks mate!
    ozbuckley,
    You must use Lugols liquid iodine 2% which is the same formulation of iodine/iodide as iodoral. Everything else is too watered down. It takes 10 drops or more of other brands to equal 1 drop of Lugols. Lugols 2% is 3.1mg per drop. Others are only 200mcg per drop.

We start iodine day 1 with Lugols Iodine/iodide with 1 drop in a glass of water, then drink 1 ounce daily, per instructions.

It is a good idea to work with your doctor in case you have unknown thyroid problems. That is up to you.
    Your cold hands & cold feet suggest you may be hypothyroid or you could just be iodine deficient. Iodine deficiency symptoms and hypothyroid symptoms are typically identical. In any event I suggest your read up on hypothyroid and hashimotos here because of your hands & feet:
    http://www.stopthethyroidmadness.com/site-map/

Be sure to take all the required supplements with your iodine, as listed here:
    http://tinyurl.com/iodine-references

Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 04-24-2012 at 05:04 PM.

ozbuckley is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for the sharp reply Grizz!!

Yeh I'll get on to those other supplements as well!

I'll let you know how my progress goes.

Many thanks.

ozbuckley is offline Senior Member
    Just another quick question, would you recommend I buy the twin pack of Lugols 2% rather than just one bottle? It works out cheaper and Im sure I'd use the second bottle over time right?

And 8oz = 1 cup right? So 1 drop of 2% lugols in 1 cup of water. So we start of drinking 1oz of this the first week... that equals: 31ml of the iodized water.

Thanks again

oz

Dave RN is offline Senior Member
    So, I've been supplimenting with Lugols 5% for aout 5 weeks. Taking one drop, now up to 2. Taking all sppliments. My first skin patch test was 5 hours. Did another one today, and it lasted just 3 hours.

What gives?

smgj is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave RN View Post
    So, I've been supplimenting with Lugols 5% for aout 5 weeks. Taking one drop, now up to 2. Taking all sppliments. My first skin patch test was 5 hours. Did another one today, and it lasted just 3 hours.

What gives?
    Same or similar place?
    If same place - do not test often. Remember that skin also contains&retains iodine.
    If not same place - be sure to do the test on a place with similar body heat, similar blood flow, similar dry/oily skin and similar clothing on top.

Iodine vaporises easily so if you was hotter the 2.nd day and left the shirt off that would be enough to skew the result... That's the downside by this cheap&easy test.
    Female, have Hashimotos w/lots of antibodies treated with Erfa + levaxin (Norwegian equivalent to synthyroid)

DinoHunter is offline Senior Member
    Just another quick question, would you recommend I buy the twin pack of Lugols 2% rather than just one bottle? It works out cheaper and Im sure I'd use the second bottle over time right?

oz
    might as well, its not going to go off or anything
    Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

Grizz is offline Banned

And 8oz = 1 cup right? So 1 drop of 2% lugols in 1 cup of water. So we start of drinking 1oz of this the first week... that equals: 31ml of the iodized water.

Thanks again

oz
    @@ ozbuckley,
    See this section in References:
    Left Click on the table of contents: Starting Dosages

Also because you could be hypoyhyroid which is frequently caused by Hashimotos (cold hands & feet) please read THE GUIDE pages 8 - 10. Also this:
    Site Map | Stop The Thyroid Madness
    It never hurts to have an extra bottle. I'm finding more & more uses for iodine every month. I'm using it mixed in water as an under arm deodorant spray. Big advantage: NO UNHEALTHY CHEMICALS. Just read the ingredients of your under arm deodorant. Do you REALLY want that crappola getting into your body?

The thyroid subject is so complex that many doctors don't even understand it, and it is best that the patient take charge of his own health to help his doctor as required and to help us pick a qualified doctor. Our good health is in our own hands. Be aware.

@@ Dave RN,

SMGJ is correct. The skin patch test is less than perfect, but is good enough for governemnt work. I always do the same spot on my body - the inside wrist. It will take 6 months or more per Dr. Brownstein at 50mg per day to drive all the toxins out of our body and return to iodine sufficient. The only alternative to the skin patch test is the Urine Loading test, which is the best and most accurate. Note it is a waste of money unless you also do the bromide & fluoride tests. I plan to do this test in the summer of 2013. Also by then my skin patch test should be lasting for the required 24 hours.

Best of health to all,
    Grizz

chronyx is offline Senior Member
    Do you guys take extra iodine if you have been swimming in a chlorinated pool? Trained last night and can still smell the stuff in my skin.

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by chronyx View Post
    Do you guys take extra iodine if you have been swimming in a chlorinated pool? Trained last night and can still smell the stuff in my skin.
    We live in a sea of Halide Toxins that come flooding into our bodies every day. Bromide, fluoride, chlorine, heavy metals. These toxins come in our food, our water, our toothpaste, in our drugs, hair coloring, makeup, there is no way of avoiding them all. And your swimming pool is just one more source. This is why Dr. Brownstein recommends taking 50mg iodine (with the required supplements) every day for life. He says this is enough iodine to keep all the toxins out of our body and keep us iodine-healthy.

DO NOT start with large doses of iodine. We recommend starting with less than 1/2 mg daily and slowly titrating up over several months. Or else you can get VERY SICKLY from too many toxins being kicked out of your body at one time.

See details in our References:

Grizz

chronyx is offline Senior Member
    Cheers Grizz, I'm a veteran of iodine supplementation, started on Lugols and Iodoral in 2010, just wondered if it was sensible to take a 'booster' dose after a dip!

For thread reference I'm on 12.5 - 25mg a day (Iodoral at present) with selenium from calf, chicken, and lamb liver.

I take 2 - 3g of Vitamin C a day and magnesium citrate.
    Last edited by chronyx; 04-25-2012 at 02:23 AM. Reason: Missed words :-S