Page 216 of 415 FirstFirst ... 116166206214215216217218226266316 ... LastLast
Results 2,151 to 2,160 of 4145

Thread: Iodine Anyone? page 216

Danielle5690 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    Tee,
    1st of all, welcome to our fantastic group.
    Are you taking thyroid hormone yet? Is your hypothyroid advanced? Have you taken your blood tests yet? We are interested in looking at TSH, T3, T4, Reverse T3 - etc. We have some very sharp members who understand the thyroid tests.

Here is the problem... Iodine deficiency and hypothyroidism both have the same symptoms. Are you really hypothyroid or are you just suffering iodine deficiency symptoms? In most cases, iodine clears up the symptoms. If you are already taking thyroid hormones, you can also supplement with iodine. Note that as your thyroid regains health from iodine, you may need to reduce your thyroid meds.

I suggest following the iodine supplement protocol using Lugols 2% iodine available at Amazon.Com (none other) and start with 1 drop in a sealed 8 oz water bottle. 1st week, drink
    1 oz daily,
    2nd week 2 oz
    3rd week 4 oz
    4th week 8 oz or 1 drop daily
    5th week forward add 1 drop per week.
    After 10 weeks start on 1-iodoral iodine tablet daily available at Amazon.

It is imperative to take the required supplements: All required supplements available at Amazon.Com

If you notice any detox symptoms, then back off on dosage and do the Salt Flush
    Refer to these files frequently for details, click on the table of contents:
    http://tinyurl.com/iodine-references
    Print this file - it is our Bible:
    http://home.comcast.net/~jocy1/junk/...h%20Iodine.pdf

Also please do study files from this group:
    Site Map | Stop The Thyroid Madness

Best to your health,
    and please keep us informed of your progress,

Grizz
    Grizz, you forgot something (I know it's in the references but you didn't mention it in your post)!! Tee - selenium is vital in cases like yours and being sufficient in selenium will help prevent issues people with hypothyroid have had with iodine. Start taking 200-400 mcg (or 1-2 Brazil nuts) per day FIRST, and then start iodine/iodide (low dose, like 500 mcg and move up slowly) after that.

sunnysara is offline Senior Member
    Sorry if this has been mentioned before, but does anyone have any good info on taking iodine while pregnant? I currently take 1 iodoral (12.5 mg) per day. I am not pregnant yet, but will be trying for baby # 2 in the next few months. I remember seeing somewhere that it should not be taken while pregnant... or the dose should be reduced...

Urban Forager is online now Senior Member
    Oops, I really misread the starting instructions. My husband, son and I have been taking 1 drop of Lugos 2% in 8 oz. of water daily for just about 1 month. My son and I had headaches for the first 2 days and then thankfully nothing. I am confused as to how and when we should increase our dosage.

The positive side effect that I contribute to the iodine is that my hot flashes that I'd been experiencing for about a month prior to taking the iodine have gone away. I am keeping my fingers crossed and hope they will not return.

I am curious to try the SSKI drops as I have had a rattle in my left lung for months now.

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tee View Post
    Thanks Grizz. I've been taking Armour Thyroid for about our years now.
    Do you have Hashimotos? That is a major reason for hypothyroid, and if you have Hashimotos, you need to be extra cautious and for certain read the reviews of Hashi over at Thyroid Madness.
    Hashimotos – The Autoimmune Thyroid Attack | Stop The Thyroid Madness
    and if you haven't done it yet, get tested for Hashi per the article. If your tests reveal Hashi Antibodies, then you need to read carefully The Guide pg 8 & 9.

Keep us posted,
    Grizz

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Forager View Post
    Oops, I really misread the starting instructions. My husband, son and I have been taking 1 drop of Lugos 2% in 8 oz. of water daily for just about 1 month. My son and I had headaches for the first 2 days and then thankfully nothing. I am confused as to how and when we should increase our dosage.

The positive side effect that I contribute to the iodine is that my hot flashes that I'd been experiencing for about a month prior to taking the iodine have gone away. I am keeping my fingers crossed and hope they will not return.

I am curious to try the SSKI drops as I have had a rattle in my left lung for months now.
    @@Forager,
    See the References, click on chapter, "How to start taking iodine to minimize detox"
    http://tinyurl.com/iodine-references
    At this point you can increase your dosage by 1 drop a week until you get to 10 drops, then switch over to iodoral to titrate u by 1/2 capsule a week. This may seem too slow, but we do try to avoid detox symptoms.

@@SunnySara
    Good luck to you in getting pregnant. Yes continue taking iodine at whatever dose you were taking, but do not increase dosage before getting pregnant. The reason is that Detox symptoms should be avoided to protect the baby, so it is a good idea to stay put at your 12.5mg with required supplements until after the baby is born. The good news is that adequate iodine levels you are getting will help sharpen your baby's IQ, prevent ADHD, help the embryo and greatly help your breasts. Your breasts will need every drop of iodine they can get especially if you plan to breast feed. Iodine in Mothers Milk helps give baby an extra boost in good health.

Gems from the Internet says,
    "If I were pregnant again I would do the protocol and feel OK with it,"

"The Iodine doctors came to an agreement at the Iodine conference in 2007 (that I attended) that if the mother had not been supplementing with iodine for 6 mos - 1 yr prior to getting pregnant the risk of detoxing was too great at dosages over 12.5 mgs. Bromide does cross the placenta. It's best to take 12.5 mgs until they are done nursing (if that is what she intends to do).
    So you are clearly safe being at 12.5 mg and have already been taking supplements.
    Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 04-29-2012 at 01:25 PM.

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DinoHunter View Post
    Finally finished reading thread....

Due to the issue with fibroids Im going to try working up fairly quick (obviously with regards to any detox)
    Im currently taking 8mg Lugols and haven't had any reaction but wont be putting it up until I get all the supplements to go with it and have been taking them for a few days first.. (I am taking him.pink salt already & the rest should be here over the next few days) Im also mixing a few drops in Emu oil and applying to the skin. Im not sure how much more this is putting into my system over the 8mg as I know some will evaporate this way but will also direct dose for hopefully faster overall results

I did check with the seller I got the Lugols 12% from and yes it is 8mg per drop and he gave me the breakdown of iodine/iodide 12% and 8.0 mg per drop, undiluted. Breakdown is 5.7mg iodide and 2.3mg iodine per drop.

Also I found a seller for the ATP Cofactors that is MUCH cheaper than amazon (16+3 compared to 28+3) so once I use up the B2 &B3 that I already ordered, I will switch to the ATP. If anyone in the UK is looking for it this is where I found it (havent ordered from them yet ) Optimox ATP Cofactors 90 tabs
    Note its shipped from Canada so may take a while.

Have also got some feedback/advice from a couple of people on the Iodine-yahoo group so in addition to the iodine & recomended supliments
    Vit D 1000mg (already have so just need to remember to take it)
    Castor oil Heat compress on area over fibroid daily.

Brain shutting down nowwwwwwwwwwww.................................... ....
    DinoHunter,
    Sorry to wake your brain back up, but they recommended 10,000 IU of Vitamin D3. I recommend that you take the Geltabs with olive oil (not the ones with soy oil). After 3 months of taking your Vitamin D3, your 25(oh)D blood test should measure between 70 to 100 ng/ml. I never would have thought about a castor oil heat compress.
    Here are 2 great articles on Vitamin D3:
    Vitamin D optimization thoughts - Jack Kruse
    Epidemic of Vitamin D deficiency sweeping the world

Grizz

DinoHunter is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    DinoHunter,
    Sorry to wake your brain back up, but they recommended 10,000 IU of Vitamin D3. I recommend that you take the Geltabs with olive oil (not the ones with soy oil). After 3 months of taking your Vitamin D3, your 25(oh)D blood test should measure between 70 to 100 ng/ml. I never would have thought about a castor oil heat compress.
    Here are 2 great articles on Vitamin D3:
    Vitamin D optimization thoughts - Jack Kruse
    Epidemic of Vitamin D deficiency sweeping the world

Grizz
    Oh yeah that should have had another 0 in there.. brain was shutting down as I was typing.
    The Vit D I have is a bottle of Vit D in Olive oil base.. I just messure out how many ever drops I need (2,000 IU per drop so 5 drops gives me the right dose)
    Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

DinoHunter is online now Senior Member
    & no worrys about the soy, I avoid that stuff like the plauge, I do NOT react well to it.... any substantial dose & Im tossing my cookies within 15 minutes... If im lucky enough for it to come back up the way it went down.

Yup, one lass said she used the castor oil compress to get rid of her fibroids in 3-4 months,, I figure with the iodine it should be even better
    Last edited by DinoHunter; 04-23-2012 at 03:21 PM.
    Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

Urban Forager is online now Senior Member
    Grizz..... At the risk of sounding like a bone head, I've read the references (and I still find them confusing), I understand you said I can increase 1 drop per week. Since I now put one drop in a glass of water and drink that once a day would it be okay to one day a week put 2 drops in my glass of water or do I need to spread the increase out over the week?

Thank you so much for all the time you take with our questions, I really appreciate it.

Grizz is offline Banned
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Forager View Post
    Grizz..... At the risk of sounding like a bone head, I've read the references (and I still find them confusing), I understand you said I can increase 1 drop per week. Since I now put one drop in a glass of water and drink that once a day would it be okay to one day a week put 2 drops in my glass of water or do I need to spread the increase out over the week?

Thank you so much for all the time you take with our questions, I really appreciate it.
    You are correct it is still confusing.

Take a look at the References. Does this make more sense now?

Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 04-23-2012 at 04:33 PM.