Page 215 of 415 FirstFirst ... 115165205213214215216217225265315 ... LastLast
Results 2,141 to 2,150 of 4145

Thread: Iodine Anyone? page 215

Grizz is offline Banned
    Great news !
    Lynn Farrow, director of the BreastCancerChoices Group is writing a book about iodine (Yay!) and she is looking for volunteers to send her testimonials on their experiences with iodine. I know we have some really GREAT stories here for her book. I have already sent her my exciting story of Prostate Problems cured.

Lynne Farrow
    Director
    Breast Cancer Choices, Inc.
    A Nonprofit Organization
    P.O. Box 1567
    Amagansett, NY 11930
    Breast Cancer Choices - Innovative Research and Patient Advocacy
    Scrutinize. Disclose. Empower.

She also said she is interested in joining our iodine group. Lets give her a warm welcome when she arrives!

But there is even MORE great news!

I have been suspicious that my balding head is re-growing hair. So today I did a google search and sure enough there are over 200,000 hits on iodine regrowing hair:
    So I am starting a new chapter in our Iodine References: HAIR starting with this article that explains what is happening:
    It is clear that the micro-nutrient iodine (as well as iron, magnesium and zinc) is a key essential element for the normal growth and development in all of the body’s organ and tissue systems.

In fact, iodine, in combination with the aforementioned minerals are often considered the best “hair growth minerals” you can take for healthy hair. And if you are currently experiencing hair loss, it may be a good idea to supplement with these, as hair loss can be one of the most common signs of a deficiency in iodine.
    n regard to iodine and hair loss, we need to look at thyroid health. The thyroid gland relies on iodine to make the hormones necessary for the growth of healthy hair, teeth and bones. When we are deficient in this nutrient, the health of our hair can suffer, leading to hair weakness or total hair loss. Taking a safe nascent atomic iodine supplement may boost hair health and growth, and may event prevent or reverse hair loss.

Historically, farmers understood the relationship between iodine and the health of an animals coat. In fact, sheep farmers noticed that iodine-poor soils produced iodine-deficient plants, which in turn produced iodine-deficient sheep. And these sheep, consequently, produced the least amount (and poorest quality) of wool. It stands to reason that human beings are just as effected by iodine-poor soil and plants as animals are. And hair loss may be related to this decline.

Simply stated, iodine is a key element for hair strength and growth. While we may get some synthetic iodine in table salt, our body has a hard time assimilating it. Taking a nascent atomic, vegetarian form of iodine may prevent or reverse hair loss. There are even a few studies that support this evidence.
    n regard to iodine and hair loss, we need to look at thyroid health. The thyroid gland relies on iodine to make the hormones necessary for the growth of healthy hair, teeth and bones. When we are deficient in this nutrient, the health of our hair can suffer, leading to hair weakness or total hair loss. Taking a safe nascent atomic iodine supplement may boost hair health and growth, and may event prevent or reverse hair loss.

Historically, farmers understood the relationship between iodine and the health of an animals coat. In fact, sheep farmers noticed that iodine-poor soils produced iodine-deficient plants, which in turn produced iodine-deficient sheep. And these sheep, consequently, produced the least amount (and poorest quality) of wool. It stands to reason that human beings are just as effected by iodine-poor soil and plants as animals are. And hair loss may be related to this decline.

Simply stated, iodine is a key element for hair strength and growth. While we may get some synthetic iodine in table salt, our body has a hard time assimilating it. Taking a nascent atomic, vegetarian form of iodine may prevent or reverse hair loss. There are even a few studies that support this evidence.
    more:
    Iodine and Hair Loss: Is There A Connection? | Natural Health & Organic Living Blog
    Grizz

Tee
    Tee is offline Senior Member
    I have been reading the post for awhile but just noticed one of the first posts by Grizz saying if you have hypothyroidism go slow. Well I have it -hypothyroid-and am wondering what a good start would be as to iodine supplementing.
    Thank you.

DinoHunter is offline Senior Member
    Finally finished reading thread....

Due to the issue with fibroids Im going to try working up fairly quick (obviously with regards to any detox)
    Im currently taking 8mg Lugols and haven't had any reaction but wont be putting it up until I get all the supplements to go with it and have been taking them for a few days first.. (I am taking him.pink salt already & the rest should be here over the next few days) Im also mixing a few drops in Emu oil and applying to the skin. Im not sure how much more this is putting into my system over the 8mg as I know some will evaporate this way but will also direct dose for hopefully faster overall results

I did check with the seller I got the Lugols 12% from and yes it is 8mg per drop and he gave me the breakdown of iodine/iodide 12% and 8.0 mg per drop, undiluted. Breakdown is 5.7mg iodide and 2.3mg iodine per drop.

Also I found a seller for the ATP Cofactors that is MUCH cheaper than amazon (16+3 compared to 28+3) so once I use up the B2 &B3 that I already ordered, I will switch to the ATP. If anyone in the UK is looking for it this is where I found it (havent ordered from them yet ) Optimox ATP Cofactors 90 tabs
    Note its shipped from Canada so may take a while.

Have also got some feedback/advice from a couple of people on the Iodine-yahoo group so in addition to the iodine & recomended supliments
    Vit D 1000mg (already have so just need to remember to take it)
    Castor oil Heat compress on area over fibroid daily.

Brain shutting down nowwwwwwwwwwww.................................... ....
    Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tee View Post
    I have been reading the post for awhile but just noticed one of the first posts by Grizz saying if you have hypothyroidism go slow. Well I have it -hypothyroid-and am wondering what a good start would be as to iodine supplementing.
    Thank you.
    Tee,
    1st of all, welcome to our fantastic group.
    Are you taking thyroid hormone yet? Is your hypothyroid advanced? Have you taken your blood tests yet? We are interested in looking at TSH, T3, T4, Reverse T3 - etc. We have some very sharp members who understand the thyroid tests.

Here is the problem... Iodine deficiency and hypothyroidism both have the same symptoms. Are you really hypothyroid or are you just suffering iodine deficiency symptoms? In most cases, iodine clears up the symptoms. If you are already taking thyroid hormones, you can also supplement with iodine. Note that as your thyroid regains health from iodine, you may need to reduce your thyroid meds.

I suggest following the iodine supplement protocol using Lugols 2% iodine available at Amazon.Com (none other) and start with 1 drop in a sealed 8 oz water bottle. 1st week, drink
    1 oz daily,
    2nd week 2 oz
    3rd week 4 oz
    4th week 8 oz or 1 drop daily
    5th week forward add 1 drop per week.
    After 10 weeks start on 1-iodoral iodine tablet daily available at Amazon.

It is imperative to take the required supplements: All required supplements available at Amazon.Com

If you notice any detox symptoms, then back off on dosage and do the Salt Flush
    Refer to these files frequently for details, click on the table of contents:
    http://tinyurl.com/iodine-references
    Print this file - it is our Bible:
    http://home.comcast.net/~jocy1/junk/...h%20Iodine.pdf

Also please do study files from this group:
    Site Map | Stop The Thyroid Madness

Best to your health,
    and please keep us informed of your progress,

Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 04-23-2012 at 09:34 AM.

Grizz is offline Banned
    SSKI: The Best Cough Expectorant You’ve Never Tried. Yet ANOTHER use for iodine !

SSKI works spectacularly well for thinning and clearing mucous deep inside the lungs so that it is more easily coughed up. This function is very beneficial because when mucous is rooted deep inside the lungs, coughing is the only way to get it out.

When I was a child, my Dad would give us 4-5 drops of SSKI in a small glass of water or juice at breakfast time if we had any lung congestion and then a few minutes later, instruct us to take a couple of deep, slow breaths which would immediately trigger a coughing spell to clear out the trapped congestion.

SSKI works very very fast to thin the mucous. As a child, I noticed that it would only take a few minutes and the ease of coughing up any mucous was very noticeable.

4-5 drops per day could be continued for a week or at most two with no ill effect. If a cough was severe, 4-5 drops twice a day could be used for up to a week to clear very thick, infected mucous.

Sometimes, after a few days of using SSKI, I would notice a bit of a metal taste in my mouth and that would be a signal to reduce the dose a bit or taper it off if my cough had resolved sufficiently.

Other more expensive expectorants on the market which contain the drug Guaifenesin don’t work nearly as well as SSKI in my experience and these medicines are loaded with additives and other undesirable chemicals.

SSKI, on the other hand, is just a simple compound consisting of two elements: potassium and iodine. Nothing else is added.

*Important Note: Potassium Iodide liquid you can order online or get at the healthfood store IS NOT THE SAME THING as SSKI.
    [Why is this? What is different? Grizz]
    "It MUST be "Super Saturated Potassium Iodide." Not just potassium iodide liquid.
    Rest of the article:
    SSKI: The Best Cough Expectorant You’ve Never Tried
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig
    I use a similar product called Tri Quench. You can find it online. I also use it in a nebulizer– another great way to get the product into your lungs. I put 2-4 drops in distilled water and inhale for 10-15 minutes. It really helps with my congestion.
    Tri-Quench = 25mg per drop 25 mg. of KI (19 mg. iodine and 6 mg. potassium).
    http://www.scientificbotanicals.net/triquench.html
    So what does "Super Saturated" mean?? It means a LOT of iodine per drop. The standard liguid KI has only 200mcg per drop and tri-quench has 100 times more. Fortunately, Amazon has it:
    http://www.amazon.com/Scientific-Bot...5200106&sr=1-1

WHOO-HAH ! Maybe this is why my experiment using iodized water failed to stop my asthma attack ! It needed a LOT more drops of lugols. Or maybe I should try using Tri-Quench. Hmmm food for thought. I will try this experiment again with 30 drops Lugols in my 2 ounce misting bottle.

Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 04-23-2012 at 11:12 AM.

Anyone use CamuCamu in place of Vit C tabs? any way of estimating how much to take to get the needed dose?
    Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DinoHunter View Post
    Anyone use CamuCamu in place of Vit C tabs? any way of estimating how much to take to get the needed dose?
    Dino,
    I never heard of CamuCamu. So I had to go look it up. Here is what I found:
    Raw Camu Camu Powder - Live Superfoods

It seems to be a great source of Vitamin C, but there seems to be no way of knowing how to measure the 2,000mg required for taking iodine. I can't find any specs for vitamin C per spoonful. Do you have a link to make this calculation?

Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 04-23-2012 at 12:47 PM.

Tee
    Tee is offline Senior Member
    Thanks Grizz. I've been taking Armour Thyroid for about our years now.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    Dino,
    I never heard of CamuCamu. So I had to go look it up. Here is what I found:
    Raw Camu Camu Powder - Live Superfoods

It seems to be a great source of Vitamin C, but there seems yo be no way of knowing how to measure the 2,000mg required for taking iodine. I can't find any specs for vitamin C per spoonful. Do you have a link to make this calculation?

Grizz
    Yup thats the stuff, & no, thats the problem.. I cant find anywhere that tells "how much" Vit C in a teaspoonfull. & I suspect that its going to vary some between brands....
    Although I did see there second picture on that site is the food label wich says Vit C 200% of RDA (umm ok so whats the RDA for Vit C?.. must go look)

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    The RDA for Vit C is 60-90mg... Were all doomed....