Page 205 of 415 FirstFirst ... 105155195203204205206207215255305 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,050 of 4145

Thread: Iodine Anyone? page 205

Grizz is offline Banned
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by elieen2ranndy View Post
    I should probably throw in a little nori every now and then, but I need to do more research first to see if I really even need it. Interested to hear what others have to say.
    @elieen
    @zizou,

smgj is correct. What you are proposing is a drop in the bucket, and will do NOTHING to correct your iodine deficiency. Start out with the Skin Patch Test using Lugols 2% iodine from Amazon.Com
    then follow the procedures here:
    http://home.comcast.net/~jocy1/junk/...h%20Iodine.pdf

Or here:
    http://tinyurl.com/iodine-references

Grizz

mrmono1 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    @elieen
    @zizou,

smgj is correct. What you are proposing is a drop in the bucket, and will do NOTHING to correct your iodine deficiency. Start out with the Skin Patch Test using Lugols 2% iodine from Amazon.Com
    then follow the procedures here:
    http://home.comcast.net/~jocy1/junk/...h%20Iodine.pdf

Or here:
    http://tinyurl.com/iodine-references

Grizz
    The skin patches really do work I vouch

smgj is offline Senior Member
    The skin patch is not an accurate measurement, but it seems to have some value. Especially compared to the cost for the iodine loading test.
    Female, have Hashimotos w/lots of antibodies treated with Erfa + levaxin (Norwegian equivalent to synthyroid)

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by smgj View Post
    The skin patch is not an accurate measurement, but it seems to have some value. Especially compared to the cost for the iodine loading test.
    I have figured out the rationale behind the skin test. Iodine evaporates from ANY surface in 24 hours. If applied to the skin and it lasts for 24 hours, then the skin did not absorb any, indicating the body did not need any. In my case it was gone in 3 minutes suggesting that my body sucked it in like a sponge. These days, my skin test lasts about 6 hours which indicates I am far more iodine sufficient. This is not perfect, but better than paying out $175 for the Urine Loading Test.

@mrmono,

What is your experience with the skin patch test?

PS) Has anyone else had an improvement in their prostate function?
    Grizz

Gwynn is offline Senior Member
    Hi Grizz,

No, DH hasn't had any improvement and in fact hasn't taken the iodine in about two weeks. We went to a chiropractor who tried to get him to come in to have adjustments three times a week and take a bunch of supplements. That went over like a lead balloon. The chiro muscle-tested him and he did not respond to iodine. (?) I told him, just take a break.

We are starting Whole 30 in a few days, perhaps that will help. We have not been doing Primal or Paleo perfectly at all. Still drinking beer, the occasional bun on burger, rice and oatmeal at home. Sounds like we have not been doing it at all!LOL I think a stricter approach is in order. I will re-start him on the iodine at that time.

It's really disappointing b/c I don't want him to have to go to a urologist and be TURP'ed.

Gwynn

Danielle5690 is offline Senior Member
    About 7 weeks on iodine now, thought I would pop in for an update. I started at 12.5 mg for the first few weeks and then backed it down to 6.25 mg. I have loads of energy and my general mood is terrific. I started taking my Mag in the evening, and I'm sleeping so deeply now that I'm starting to have extremely vivid dreams again, like I did when I was a kid. My breasts are noticeably firmer and more rounded at the top. I just had another period and it was once again almost completely painless (just some slight pressure on the first day) and much lighter.

I've noticed that I have about a half dozen tiny (about the size of a pencil tip) cherry angiomas on my chest and thighs, but no other detox symptoms. Overall, I'm very happy.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Grizz I was looking at the Iodine References Thread I saw that you had linked a post of mine there. I added an update to my post, but I think that you should probably delete the link. I should not be considered the poster child for bad stuff that can happen when supplementing iodine.

My thyroid was tested and found to be normal. My chiro told me that my hypothyroid symptoms and hypoglycemia were likely caused by eating Very Low Carb for an extended period. Apparently it can cause the thyroid to go to sleep. I upped my carbs to 75+ and my symptoms have gone away. I am back to supplementing and have reached the 12.5 mg level.

Kilian is offline Senior Member
    Along with adding starch back into my diet and cutting back on goitrogens, I've titrated up to 22mg iodine per day, feeling great. Hoping to permanently get my thyroid back in order. I don't know if I should go any further with the iodine though, so ill probably do another skin test to see where I'm at.

DuhPrincess is offline Senior Member
    I've been at 100 mg's of Iodoral for over a week now and doing good. I will probably stay at this level for awhile then start slowly backing down on my dose again. I take 50 mg first thing in the morning with 1 ATP-Cofactors tablet and then a few hours later repeat. That's in addition to the Super Selenium (Life Extension brand) and Vita C & Magesium I take at night. I can only figure that my 3 mg dose for 5 years of just iodine still did benefit me--except for my thyroid. I don't think I will ever stop using at least a small dose of Iodoral since we continue to need it as new halides bombard us daily.

ljbprrfmof is offline Senior Member
    The SunKissed Southern Shore of Lake Erie in PA.
    Can anyone suggest some dietary guidelines to correct frequent urination. I have been constipated tot he point of going every 3 or 4 days, so I have upped my liquids to help that problem. I am geting tired of needing to change my pants sometimes three times a day and am thinking a little constipation can't be much worse than going every half hour. Would more magnesium help? Is Philips Milk of Magnesia as good as the supplements?
    Learning the intricacies of healthy eating and nourishing my body the right way.
    I am not bald, that is a Vitamin D collector. Time to Grok and Roll!
    Eased into a primal diet starting at Christmas 2011. Goal weight - 205 started: 240 pounds waist 40, now 227 pounds and waist 38 Summer 2012 - weight =215 and waist is actually still 39"
    ljbprrfmof = LJ = Little John = John