Page 2 of 415 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Iodine Anyone? page 2

emmie is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I suspect this is just another fad promoted to sell supplements to the unwary. I've had Hashimoto's for years, and one thing I've learned from my research into thyroid is that it is relatively rare for anyone in the U.S. to be iodine deficient because we've iodized salt for so long and added iodine into other foods.

Iodine deficiency can cause non-Hashi's hypothyroidism, but that is mainly restricted to third-world countries. I've read that there hasn't been a documented case of hypo that was caused by iodine deficiency in the U.S. since the early part of the 20th century.

Personally, I don't take any supplement unless I have a medical test that documents a deficiency--which is how I began taking Vit. D3.

Grizz is offline Banned
    OK I have found the ULTIMATE Guide to Iodine for our good health by Dr. Brownstein. This video is a MUST WATCH, and well worth every minute of the time spent watching it.
    Iodine - The Misunderstood Nutrient (David Brownstein) - Full Length - YouTube

Whatever you do, DON'T MISS THIS VIDEO !

Edit: 4/13/12
    Disclaimer for all members of this Iodine Group.

This group is for informational purposes only. This Iodine group exists to share the public research & experiences of the usage of Iodine to assist with health conditions. This group is not run by doctors or any other medical professional. All information is based on publicly available documents and personal opinions of experiences. The information provided is not meant to reflect a specific protocol of medical treatment.

If you choose to use the information provided by this group without the guidance of a trained medical professional, then it is at your own risk and discretion. As with all health conditions it is advised that you first seek the assistance of your healthcare professional before utilizing any herbal or mineral supplements.

Information is provided here as a service to provide assistance in discussions with your doctor the benefits and issues of using Iodine and its companion nutrients for your optimal health or condition.

If you remain as a member of this IODINE group you are accepting these terms and limitations and hold no liability toward the group and its member or owner for what is discussed herein and the choices you make as a result.
    Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 04-13-2012 at 02:05 PM.

otzi Guest
    Grizz - Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I have been battling hypothyroidism for several years. The doc could never give me a reason why my TSH was high, only that it was. No Hashimoto's or other common reason. Anyway, when I started getting healthy from primal, I quit my synthroid, thinking it was BS to be taking it. I quit in May last year with a TSH of .55. By September, my TSH was at 2.5. I felt fine. In Dec it was 3.5--definitely trending up, and my feet started feeling cold and my neck ached like it did before I was put on Synthroid in 2005.
    I read your iodine posts and did a bit of research. Turns out I was raised in the heart of the "Goiter Belt" and probably have been iodine deficient my whole life. I have never been a regular user of table salt, and not a big eater of seaweed, salt-water fish, or other iodine foods. So where would I be getting iodine from?

I bought some Kelp tablets last week from GNC (150mcg) and took 2 a day for the last 10 days. Cold feet gone, neck not hurting. I will request a TSH in the next couple weeks. If it's normal, I will be happy--and pissed that nobody figured this out before now.

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    Thanks, iodine is next on my list.

otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    OK I have found the ULTIMATE Guide to Iodine for our good health by Dr. Brownstein. This video is a MUST WATCH, and well worth every minute of the time spent watching it.
    Iodine - The Misunderstood Nutrient (David Brownstein) - Full Length - YouTube

Whatever you do, DON'T MISS THIS VIDEO !
    Grizz
    I watched the video, must admit I ff'd through some of it. The doc never mentions Kelp Pills. He says to supplement with a mixture of iodide and iodine. How do kelp tablets stack up against his recommendation? My bottle of kelp tabs say "150mcg Iodine (from kelp)".

Clabbergirl is online now Senior Member
    I'm hypothyroid and have supplemented with Lugol's solution but develop a rash on the scalp within 24-48 hrs of supplementing. I never salt anything, iodine patch test on skin takes 15+ hours to disappear. Some of my searching tells me this could be either an allergy to the iodine (although this is supposedly rare) or detox effects flushing out bromide (which is now used in place of iodine in manufactured food supply). I am hoping it's the latter, as I have had no dangerous reactions such as difficulty breathing, swelling, etc. typical of allergic reactions.

Thanks for the video post, btw. Great info.

Issabeau is offline Senior Member
    Yep, called Kelp Noodles

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Issabeau View Post
    Yep, called Kelp Noodles
    +1!

And wakame, and kombu, and nori... YUM.
    I'll keep my kelp/iodine supplements in whole food form thank you.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by emmie View Post
    I suspect this is just another fad promoted to sell supplements to the unwary. I've had Hashimoto's for years, and one thing I've learned from my research into thyroid is that it is relatively rare for anyone in the U.S. to be iodine deficient because we've iodized salt for so long and added iodine into other foods.

Iodine deficiency can cause non-Hashi's hypothyroidism, but that is mainly restricted to third-world countries. I've read that there hasn't been a documented case of hypo that was caused by iodine deficiency in the U.S. since the early part of the 20th century.

Personally, I don't take any supplement unless I have a medical test that documents a deficiency--which is how I began taking Vit. D3.
    emmie,
    This just came in for your Hashi: There is now a great deal of hope for ALL autoimmune disease!
    This is the real deal ! This is not an "Internet Folk-lore."
    Neurologist Dr. Kruse supports this amazing discovery for Multiple Schlerosis, Cancers, Parkinsons, Alzheimers and more autoimmune diseases. See the complete list below.

This doctor cured his MS & failing memory with this amazing chance discovery for the new applications of an old drug, LDN.
    "The Single Greatest Drug Breakthrough since Penicillin," A Miracle Cure for cancers & autoimmune disease - $8 a month.
    LDN simply boosts the immune system which in turn cures all of these diseases, with no side effects.

Generic Name: Naltrexone Hcl
    US Brand : Revia 50 mg
    Manufacturer : Intas Pharmaceuticals India
    Package : 10 Pills
    Price : $16.80
    Strength : 50 mg ( must be cut down to 4 mg daily )

Dosage: Just 4 mg daily, cost $1 a day, causes a big boost in the immune system to cure multiple diseases
    Videos & story here. See the video LDN in 7 minutes first
    Uncategorized « Google LDN!

Bernard Bihari, MD, as well as other physicians and researchers, have described beneficial effects of LDN on a variety of diseases:

Cancers & Other Diseases:
    Bladder Cancer
    Breast Cancer
    Carcinoid
    Colon & Rectal Cancer
    Glioblastoma
    Liver Cancer
    Lung Cancer (Non-Small Cell)
    Lymphocytic Leukemia (chronic)
    Lymphoma (Hodgkin’s and Non-Hodgkin’s)
    Malignant Melanoma
    Multiple Myeloma
    Neuroblastoma
    Ovarian Cancer
    Pancreatic Cancer
    Prostate Cancer (untreated)
    Renal Cell Carcinoma
    Throat Cancer
    Uterine Cancer

ALS (Lou Gehrig’s Disease)
    Alzheimer’s Disease
    Ankylosing Spondylitis
    Autism Spectrum Disorders
    Behcet’s Disease
    Celiac Disease
    Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
    CREST syndrome
    Crohn’s Disease
    Emphysema (COPD)
    Endometriosis
    Fibromyalgia
    HIV/AIDS
    Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
    Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
    Parkinson’s Disease
    Pemphigoid
    Primary Lateral Sclerosis (PLS)
    Psoriasis
    Rheumatoid Arthritis
    Sarcoidosis
    Scleroderma
    Stiff Person Syndrome (SPS)
    Systemic Lupus (SLE)
    Transverse Myelitis
    Ulcerative Colitis
    Wegener’s Granulomatosis
    EDIT - 3/15/12
    I have started this new thread on LDN
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post739097

Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 03-15-2012 at 03:57 AM.

Grizz is offline Banned
    @otzie and all,

Sorry I haven't been on this thread for a while. I have been spending a great deal of time researching Iodine.

I have upped my dosage of Norwegian Kelp supplements from 1 mg to 2 mg a day ( 4 tabs to 8 tabs) because I was responding so well on 1 mg. On 1 mg, my sleep had improved dramatically - no more insomnia and my brain fog lifted. DREAMS IN COLOR from no dreams at all ! ! !

Now at 2 mg, I notice my getting up in the middle of the night to urinate has gone from 3-4 to just once. A cure for prostatitis?

Now I have 2 more amazing videos from a qualified doctor that report female problems are caused by iodine deficiency ! !
    Iodine Deficiency Linked to Cancer Part 1 - YouTube
    Iodine Deficiencies Linked to Cancer Part 2 - YouTube

It is now clear that the government RDA of 150 MCG Iodine per day is a JOKE ! We have a national epidemic of iodine deficiency because of government corruption !

I have decided to go to the "Japanese Dosage" of 12 mg daily using iodoral from Amazon. The Japanese get 12 mg daily from their seafoods that they eat.
    CLEARING UP THE IODINE CONFUSION PART 1
    Amazon.com: Optimox Iodoral 180 tabs: Health & Personal Care

Every organ & cell in the body requires iodine, including the brain. We have been starved of this vital nutrient by government corruption. At 12 mg/day, it will take 1 year to refill the body reservoirs of iodine ! They thyroid requires iodine & the remaing cells in the body require iodide, both are supplied by iodoral. See this before starting iodoral:
    http://breastcancerchoices.org/iprotocol.html

The biggest OUTRAGE of all, Bromide wipes out iodine in our body, and is included in bread and anything else made of flour, used as a "Dough Conditioner." So does chemicals used in drinking water. THIS is why there is an iodine epidemic in the USA - Canada & Europe have made this practice illegal.

EDIT 3/15/12
    DO NOT TAKE IODINE WITHOUT THE REQUIRED SUPPLEMENTS

Details here in "Iodine Introduction & References"

Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 03-15-2012 at 04:09 AM.

Page 2 of 415 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast