Page 195 of 415 FirstFirst ... 95145185193194195196197205245295 ... LastLast
Results 1,941 to 1,950 of 4145

Thread: Iodine Anyone? page 195

Grizz is offline Banned
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by smgj View Post
    This is what I found regarding the ingredients in this brand:
    http://donsdepot.com/images/products...esentation.pdf
    Crystalux deodorants are a very safe and effective way to combat odor from perspiration. The mineral salt (alum) which is the predominant ingredient in the crystals, neutralizes the bacteria present in apocrine sweat without utilizing synthetic chemicals which contain antiperspirant and toxic antibacterial agents. By inhibiting the growth of decomposing bacteria on the surface of the skin and in sweat, odor is eliminated without having to clog pores and stopping the sweating process.

While it IS true that the deodorant has no aluminum hydrochloride or (aluminum) zirconium, it DOES have alum - and alum is an aluminium salt. (And I don't like that the brochure states "Alum is not an abbreviation of aluminum and possess different chemical properties than aluminum." because that is a lie...)

From Alum - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Alum ( /ˈśləm/) is both a specific chemical compound and a class of chemical compounds. The specific compound is the hydrated potassium aluminium sulfate (potassium alum) with the formula KAl(SO4)2∑12H2O. The wider class of compounds known as alums have the related empirical formula, AB(SO4)2∑12H2O.

IF you believe that alum is safe for human use - then this is a good deodorant. The manufactur states that the particles in alum are safe "Deodorant crystals do not clog the pores and stop you from perspiring. The molecular structure of an alum compound is large and has a negative ionic charge and is unable to pass through the cell wall." I'm not so sure I believe that and want to err on the safe side by keepling aluminium containing deodorants away from my skin, and rather use a iodine solution if that works well.

From wiki's point of view potassium alum is nearly harmless
    Potassium alum - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Deodorant crystals containing synthetically made potassium alum are a weak irritant to the skin.
    SMGJ,
    Thank you for that excellent report. It is now Wednesday and I am thrilled to say that the iodized water spray mist being used as an underarm deodorant is working wonders for my arm pits. I'm using distilled water so as to even eliminate the chemicals in our water supply. If it weren't effective, I would be smelling like a billy goat by now.

My other on going experiments with iodine are incomplete. I'm testing an iodine stain on one of my white shirts. After 8 hours, the dark brown color has become light brown. I have not yet had an asthma attack for testing my iodized water spray mist.

Best to all,
    Grizz

ljbprrfmof is offline Senior Member
    The SunKissed Southern Shore of Lake Erie in PA.
    Grizz, et al.,

Don't forget there is clear iodine available for use on skin and in places that might cause stains. It is also tauted as a cure for baldness if rubbed at a regular rate int the scalp.

LJ
    Learning the intricacies of healthy eating and nourishing my body the right way.
    I am not bald, that is a Vitamin D collector. Time to Grok and Roll!
    Eased into a primal diet starting at Christmas 2011. Goal weight - 205 started: 240 pounds waist 40, now 227 pounds and waist 38 Summer 2012 - weight =215 and waist is actually still 39"
    ljbprrfmof = LJ = Little John = John

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ljbprrfmof View Post
    Grizz, et al.,

Don't forget there is clear iodine available for use on skin and in places that might cause stains. It is also tauted as a cure for baldness if rubbed at a regular rate int the scalp.
    LJ
    WOW ! This is the 1st I've heard of this. Do you have any links or articles about this?

I recall Dr. Kruse telling his followers to NEVER take those drugs for baldness because the chemicals soak into the skin to cause severe health problems, erectile dysfunction being one of them! He devoted an entire newsletter to this hazard. Iodine on the scalp is a great way to get a little extra iodine into our systems, even if most of it does evaporate away.

PS) I'm going to make myself SCARCE until 4/15 to work on my income tax.

So carry on, and please watch out for the newbee eager beavers to help keep them out of detox trouble,

Best to all,
    Grizz

ljbprrfmof is offline Senior Member
    The SunKissed Southern Shore of Lake Erie in PA.
    WOW ! This is the 1st I've heard of this. Do you have any links or articles about this?
    I am not sure where I found it. I believe I was looking for iodine on the CVS drug store website or it may have been Rea and Derrick's website.
    LJ
    Learning the intricacies of healthy eating and nourishing my body the right way.
    I am not bald, that is a Vitamin D collector. Time to Grok and Roll!
    Eased into a primal diet starting at Christmas 2011. Goal weight - 205 started: 240 pounds waist 40, now 227 pounds and waist 38 Summer 2012 - weight =215 and waist is actually still 39"
    ljbprrfmof = LJ = Little John = John

smgj is offline Senior Member
    I suspect that if the hair loss was caused by low thyroid function topical iodine would work really well. Like in this case.
    my hairloss treatement result -- please read this - ABC Homeopathy Forum

It may also drive out bromide from earlier hair colorings?

I just drink lugol's in water - but I've a lot of new growth. I'm not sure that this is after starting lugol's or if it's after getting up to an adequate dosage of Erfa - or most probably - both.
    Last edited by smgj; 04-04-2012 at 11:07 AM.
    Female, have Hashimotos w/lots of antibodies treated with Erfa + levaxin (Norwegian equivalent to synthyroid)

itsybitsy is offline Member
    Anybody see this site? It says too much iodine is one cause for hyperthyroidism. Hyperthyroidism: MedlinePlus Medical Encyclopedia

aktres is offline Senior Member
    There is a really interesting PDF about fluoride at the link below. I found the site from comments on Mark's fluoride article, so maybe the author is a forum member here?

Fluoroderma: Acne Caused by Fluoride Exposure

Gwynn is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post

I recall Dr. Kruse telling his followers to NEVER take those drugs for baldness because the chemicals soak into the skin to cause severe health problems, erectile dysfunction being one of them! He devoted an entire newsletter to this hazard. Iodine on the scalp is a great way to get a little extra iodine into our systems, even if most of it does evaporate away.

PS) I'm going to make myself SCARCE until 4/15 to work on my income tax.

So carry on, and please watch out for the newbee eager beavers to help keep them out of detox trouble,

Best to all,
    Grizz
    I have told my son about this. He is only 25 and is experiencing hair loss. He was doing the Rogaine, but after four months (which is what the dermatologist said would be enough time to see if it would work) he is looking for other options. He already uses the bentonite clay as a mask on his head, hopefully this will help.

Grizz, after you're done with your taxes, can you come to my house?

Gwynn

Hey Grizz, I dont think you are a raving loony, I think you are passionate about what you believe in, and I am so glad you are. I have the same problem myself, since I started PB I cant stop talking about it, nearly everybody I know is now on it too!! The others are all avoiding me!!
    Although I am generally healthy, I have been suffering with insomnia since I became peri menopausal, it improved some when I started PB, but I am finding it creeping back in. I am going to my health food shop today to see if I can get some iodine of some sort. Is it ok to take it without doing the test to see if you are deficient?

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by michellethompson View Post
    Hey Grizz, I dont think you are a raving loony, I think you are passionate about what you believe in, and I am so glad you are. I have the same problem myself, since I started PB I cant stop talking about it, nearly everybody I know is now on it too!! The others are all avoiding me!!
    Although I am generally healthy, I have been suffering with insomnia since I became peri menopausal, it improved some when I started PB, but I am finding it creeping back in. I am going to my health food shop today to see if I can get some iodine of some sort. Is it ok to take it without doing the test to see if you are deficient?
    michelle,
    many thanks for the compliment. It is nearly impossible to get the correct iodine at a drug store or at a health food store.
    If you have not been eating a lot of seaweed & sea fish, I guarantee you are deficient and your body is loaded with toxins. The best iodine and the only one recommended is Lugols Liquid and the iodoral capsules. Both are available from Amazon.com. However you must also take the required vitamins. Please Refer to our references guide You must also titrate up very slowly from less than 1mg daily to 50mg over a 6 month period to help you avoid nasty detox symptoms as you are replacing deadly toxins with healthy iodine.

Woops I just noticed you are in England. You need the version of iodine that is BOTH iodine and iodide. Iodine by itself will not work. Let me know where in England you find iodoral & Lugols and I will post it in our reference guide for others who live in England.

Iodine cured my insomnia, and my prostate problems. Follow our reference guide closely.
    http://tinyurl.com/iodine-references

Let us know how you are doing,
    Best to you,
    Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 04-05-2012 at 01:58 AM.