Page 193 of 415 FirstFirst ... 93143183191192193194195203243293 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,930 of 4145

Thread: Iodine Anyone? page 193

smgj is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I guess the problems with iodine deodorant mist would be color stains on clothes ... and the embarrassment of using sleeveless shirts.
    Female, have Hashimotos w/lots of antibodies treated with Erfa + levaxin (Norwegian equivalent to synthyroid)

itsybitsy is offline Member
    I've been very happy with a salt deodorant for years. It's basically a big chunk of salt in a tube. Lasts a very long time too.

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by smgj
    I guess the problems with iodine deodorant mist would be color stains on clothes ... and the embarrassment of using sleeveless shirts.
    Good point. However that does not seem to be a problem. A few drops of iodine makes the water a very very light shade of yellow. There is not enough iodine there to stain anything, but is is more than enough to kill the bacteria that makes the stinkeroo.

Hmm that also reminds me, while experimenting with iodine I dropped some into my bathroom sink and it made an ugly brown stain. I tried washing it off right away to no avail. GULP I thought for a moment I had ruined the sink. I got dressed and came back to the sink and it was GONE ! It had evaporated away. I will experiment with iodine stains to see how long they last. Justaseeker stained her counter top as an experiment, and it disappeared within 24 hours. So maybe that is an indication that if we get a stain on clothing, it will disappear. I'll do that experiment today.

Quote Originally Posted by itsybitsy
    I've been very happy with a salt deodorant for years. It's basically a big chunk of salt in a tube. Lasts a very long time too.
    How do you get a big chunk of salt into a tube? Or where did you buy it? Do you have a link? I want to get rid of those chemically saturated deodorants but nothing else works for me until I discovered this iodized water apporach.

Grizz

Owl
    Owl is offline Senior Member
    Grizz, here are crystal deodorants (salt): Amazon.com: crystal deodorant: Health & Personal Care

My sister swears by them, been using them for decades.

Pamsc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Owl View Post
    Grizz, here are crystal deodorants (salt): Amazon.com: crystal deodorant: Health & Personal Care

I have been using the Crystal solution in a spray bottle for decades. I'm thinking of adding a few drops of iodine to that.

Gwynn is offline Senior Member
    Grizz,

I like your idea of the misting bottle. I did that myself, actually. I got pretty sunburned at the golf course last week. I put some 5% Lugol's, about 5 drops, in a two ounce (I think) bottle. Misted my shoulders several times a day and rubbed it in. After showering, misted, and also rubbed on some co. The burn is gone, I didn't peel, and I am brown instead!

Gwynn

smgj is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Owl View Post

Since they contains alum - usually potassium alum (KAl(SO4)2) - I'll stay away from them as I'm unsure of how stable they are and of how much aluminium we may get from them ...
    Female, have Hashimotos w/lots of antibodies treated with Erfa + levaxin (Norwegian equivalent to synthyroid)

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwynn
    Grizz,
    I like your idea of the misting bottle. I did that myself, actually. I got pretty sunburned at the golf course last week. I put some 5% Lugol's, about 5 drops, in a two ounce (I think) bottle. Misted my shoulders several times a day and rubbed it in. After showering, misted, and also rubbed on some co. The burn is gone, I didn't peel, and I am brown instead!
    Gwynn
    WOW ! I NEVER would have thought about doing that! Next time I get a sunburn, I will take out my iodized water to use on it. That is one more application for Iodine that no one would ever think of. I REALLY like misting my under arms, I'll likely do this from now on.

Grizz

Grizz is offline Banned
    PLACE HOLDER FOR ATP COFACTORS TABLETS

* 100mg B2 (Riboflavin) & 500mg Niacin(B3-Inositol hexanicitinate )
    * Flushing is avoided by using a non-flushing derivative if Niacin
    * Urine turns dark yellow and could stain underware
    * Dosage = 1 ATP Cofactors for each 50mg of iodoral, (1 to 3 tablets a day)

Background Information
    The unit of energy available from food is called calories. The metabolism of the macronutrients carbohydrates, fats, and proteins supply these calories. However, the body can not use these calories as a source of energy to perform life sustaining functions unless these calories are converted to a substance called ATP, which is the energy currency used by the body.

About one-half of the calories obtained from food are used to maintain body temperature and body water in a state essential for normal enzymatic activities and cell membrane fluidity. Therefore, 50% of the calories ingested are converted to ATP and the other half is used to pay a form to taxation in order to keep body temperature in the ideal range.

In order to convert food to ATP and use ATP as a source of energy, several micronutrients are required: Vitamins, minerals, and trace elements. There is a close interaction and synergism between these micronutrients. For example, the B-complex vitamins, thiamine, niacin, riboflavin and pyridoxine cannot function well without being activated by phosphorilation. This phosphorilation is magnesium dependant. Therefore, adequate magnesium is required to optimize the performance of the B-complex vitamins.

The synthesis of ATP by intact respiring mitochondria requires the presence of oxygen, magnesium, ADP, inorganic phosphate, and the substrates from the metabolism of carbohydrates, lipids, and aminoacids. The generation of these substrates depends on the presence of adequate amount of vitamins, minerals and trace elements. When all substances are presenting optimal concentrations, the integrity of the mitochondrial membrane and the capacity of the enzymatic system in the respiratory chain become rate limiting.

Rationale for the use of ATP Cofactors

As previously discussed, ATP is the universal currency of energy used in biological systems to maintain an organism in a state that is far from thermodynamic equilibrium with the environment, that is far from death. The active from of ATP is a complex of ATP with mainly magnesium, but also with manganese. In case of manganese deficiency, magnesium can replace manganese. The turnover of ATP is extremely high. For example, a human at rest consumes one half of his/her weight of ATP daily.

The synthesis of ATP from ADP plus high energy phosphate group is called oxidative phosphorilation and is dependant on the electron flow through the electron transport chain via electron carriers. NADH and FADH2 are the major electron carriers in the synthesis of ATP. The B vitamins, niacin and riboflavin, are the precursors of the Cofactors NADH and FADH2. These Cofactors play an important role also in the oxidation and organification of iodide by generating hydrogen peroxide via the NADPH oxydase system. In some conditions, the body cannot efficiently synthesized NADH and FADH3 from Niacin and Riboflavin because of defect/damage to the enzymes involved in this conversion. More Riboflavin and Niacin are needed to override the inefficient enzymes in order to obtain adequate levels of Cofactors. Evidence for a deficient organification of iodide was recently reported in a female subject with Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue. Preliminary results in this subject and others suggest that high dosage of vitamins B-2 and B-3 combined with 100-150mg of elemental iodine in the form of Lugol tablets resulted in a significant improvement of overall well being in these subjects.

More here:
    ATP Cofactors - The Key to Managing Fibromyalgia & Thyroid Health

Iodine Investigation Project participants using the ATP CoFactors Formula report they are absorbing iodine faster.
    Helps some people who were not absorbing iodine efficiently.

• Combination of Vitamins B2 and B3 in sustained-release form
    • Improves ATP (cell energy) production
    • Enhances transport and liberation of iodine in target tissues
    • May help improve muscle soreness associated with fibromyalgia, when used with Iodoral.
    http://www.breastcancerchoices.org/iprotocol.html
    Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 07-09-2012 at 11:26 AM.

Gwynn is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    WOW ! I NEVER would have thought about doing that! Next time I get a sunburn, I will take out my iodized water to use on it. That is one more application for Iodine that no one would ever think of. I REALLY like misting my under arms, I'll likely do this from now on.

Grizz
    Grizz,

I was very pleased with the results. I am going to try to mist under my arms too! Thanks!

Gwynn