Page 181 of 415 FirstFirst ... 81131171179180181182183191231281 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,810 of 4146

Thread: Iodine Anyone? page 181

  1. #1801
    justaseeker's Avatar
    justaseeker is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    705
    Shop Now
    I just discovered that the Calton's also offer a multivitamin and mineral plus - in a powder form that is mixed into liquid. After reading the ingredients, etc. I was impressed. Just as they do in their book, Naked Calories, the Caltons demonstrate a good understanding of the current state of nutritional science - see the FAQ and other information. I will likely be replacing my multi with Nutrience.

    nutreince - Calton Nutrition
    I feel like I ought to be wearing a bumper sticker that says: "Don't follow me I am lost." I am just a seeker like everyone else.

    Justaseeker's Journal:

    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post778214

    Iodine Research and Application Group:

    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/group134.html

  2. #1802
    justaseeker's Avatar
    justaseeker is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    705
    This is the best source for vitamin D3 supplement that I have found so far. One drop is 2000 IU's and there are 900 of these drops in this bottle, for $9.99. Only other ingredient is olive oil.

    Vitacost Vitamin D Drops -- 2000 IU per serving - 1 fl oz - Vitacost
    I feel like I ought to be wearing a bumper sticker that says: "Don't follow me I am lost." I am just a seeker like everyone else.

    Justaseeker's Journal:

    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post778214

    Iodine Research and Application Group:

    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/group134.html

  3. #1803
    Grizz's Avatar
    Grizz is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,880
    Justaseeker,

    Nice find: Here is the total list of nutrients:
    http://caltonnutrition.com/media/doc...up%20facts.pdf

    Grizz

  4. #1804
    Grizz's Avatar
    Grizz is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,880
    Quote Originally Posted by justaseeker View Post
    This is the best source for vitamin D3 supplement that I have found so far. One drop is 2000 IU's and there are 900 of these drops in this bottle, for $9.99. Only other ingredient is olive oil.

    Vitacost Vitamin D Drops -- 2000 IU per serving - 1 fl oz - Vitacost
    For most folks, 2,000 IU is not even close to being adequate. The wife & I require 10,000 IU daily to get our 25ohd blood level close to the optimal target of 70ng/ml, as recommended by Dr. Kruse and by Dr. Davis. (Links can be found in the report in my sig line. So this ends up being 5 drops per serving and 180 servings for $9.99.

    Still a very good price. Thanks for the link,
    Grizz

  5. #1805
    ljbprrfmof's Avatar
    ljbprrfmof is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    The SunKissed Southern Shore of Lake Erie in PA.
    Posts
    366
    I took the Carlton's quiz. I scored an -86. I found the questions good, but as all quizzes to promote a product, some of the questions could have been answered either way. Like "Do you eat grass fed beef and store bought cheese, eggs, and butter?"

    Well I eat store bought cheese. My grocery has just started stocking grass fed ground beef cheaper than I can get at a nearby farm. I bought two pounds yesterday to see how it tastes. It is still twice as expensive than their 90/10 lean club pack or their 80/20 ground chuck club pack.

    Their vitamin drink mix does look pretty complete. If I can get some of my detox supplements from it, rather than have separate capsules, I will get it from the drink. I will probably order some. I remember, about ten years ago, being schooled by a company wanting to sell a vitamin drink, that vitamins are better absorbed by the body in liquid form. I hope mixing a powder gives the same benefit.

    Grizz, it is all population control. Big Farm, Big Pharma and the government are all in on it.

    Oh by the way. I had a day from hell yesterday. I believe I was having detox. I had to go to the bathroom to pee like every 20 minutes. I believe the increase to 4 drops of 2% Lugols prompted it. I must have retained more water than usual my first day at that dose and eliminated it yesterday. I had to change my pants twice. The stroke has played hell on my already weakening prostrate.

    On the other hand, my one big toe that has nail fungus is clearing up nicely, the dry skin on my shins from the diabetes is clearing up, and my finger nails are getting harder. So I am staying on the 4 drops. I consider dropping it back, but I also don't think my detox is that bad. Some of the changes, the nail fungus and the shin skin were starting to improve once I went primal, but I want to say the iodine has sped up the process. My ear lobes are still quite dry. My sinuses seem to be less congested at a time of year they are usually very congested. Without Ponaris! All in all, I am quit happy with the supplementation. The other night my wife mentioned her finger nails were tearing. I said mine were getting harder due to the iodine and iodine would help her. She gave me that look. I don't want to sneak the iodine into her food, but right now she is very busy at work trying to achieve her next level. I do not want to cause her detox issues.
    Learning the intricacies of healthy eating and nourishing my body the right way.
    I am not bald, that is a Vitamin D collector. Time to Grok and Roll!
    Eased into a primal diet starting at Christmas 2011. Goal weight - 205 started: 240 pounds waist 40, now 227 pounds and waist 38 Summer 2012 - weight =215 and waist is actually still 39"
    ljbprrfmof = LJ = Little John = John

  6. #1806
    Pamsc's Avatar
    Pamsc is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    356
    I'll be interested in a report on whether the Carlton nutrition formula is palatable. I'm using powdered vitamin C and I hate it. I've tried stirred in water and in a spoonful of yogurt and it is unbearable. I put it in my smoothie and that is ok, but makes my smoothie less enjoyable.
    __________________________
    age 56, type 2 diabetes, swimmer
    low carb since 2006 thanks to Jenny, primal since Jan. 2012

  7. #1807
    justaseeker's Avatar
    justaseeker is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    705
    Quote Originally Posted by Pamsc View Post
    I'll be interested in a report on whether the Carlton nutrition formula is palatable. I'm using powdered vitamin C and I hate it. I've tried stirred in water and in a spoonful of yogurt and it is unbearable. I put it in my smoothie and that is ok, but makes my smoothie less enjoyable.
    I won't be making the switch until my current supply of multi is gone in a few months. Its very good but the other may be better, in part based on the competition issue. I agree with no iron, no copper - and my current multi has no iron and only a tiny bit of copper - 25% RDI. I'd prefer no copper. Even then, I may not be the right person to ask. I really don't care if its palatable or not. I drink my vitamin C powder plain in water. It doesn't taste good but I just ignore it.
    I feel like I ought to be wearing a bumper sticker that says: "Don't follow me I am lost." I am just a seeker like everyone else.

    Justaseeker's Journal:

    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post778214

    Iodine Research and Application Group:

    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/group134.html

  8. #1808
    justaseeker's Avatar
    justaseeker is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    705
    Quote Originally Posted by ljbprrfmof View Post
    I took the Carlton's quiz. I scored an -86. I found the questions good, but as all quizzes to promote a product, some of the questions could have been answered either way. Like "Do you eat grass fed beef and store bought cheese, eggs, and butter?"

    Well I eat store bought cheese. My grocery has just started stocking grass fed ground beef cheaper than I can get at a nearby farm. I bought two pounds yesterday to see how it tastes. It is still twice as expensive than their 90/10 lean club pack or their 80/20 ground chuck club pack.

    Their vitamin drink mix does look pretty complete. If I can get some of my detox supplements from it, rather than have separate capsules, I will get it from the drink. I will probably order some. I remember, about ten years ago, being schooled by a company wanting to sell a vitamin drink, that vitamins are better absorbed by the body in liquid form. I hope mixing a powder gives the same benefit.

    Grizz, it is all population control. Big Farm, Big Pharma and the government are all in on it.

    Oh by the way. I had a day from hell yesterday. I believe I was having detox. I had to go to the bathroom to pee like every 20 minutes. I believe the increase to 4 drops of 2% Lugols prompted it. I must have retained more water than usual my first day at that dose and eliminated it yesterday. I had to change my pants twice. The stroke has played hell on my already weakening prostrate.

    On the other hand, my one big toe that has nail fungus is clearing up nicely, the dry skin on my shins from the diabetes is clearing up, and my finger nails are getting harder. So I am staying on the 4 drops. I consider dropping it back, but I also don't think my detox is that bad. Some of the changes, the nail fungus and the shin skin were starting to improve once I went primal, but I want to say the iodine has sped up the process. My ear lobes are still quite dry. My sinuses seem to be less congested at a time of year they are usually very congested. Without Ponaris! All in all, I am quit happy with the supplementation. The other night my wife mentioned her finger nails were tearing. I said mine were getting harder due to the iodine and iodine would help her. She gave me that look. I don't want to sneak the iodine into her food, but right now she is very busy at work trying to achieve her next level. I do not want to cause her detox issues.
    LJ,

    Diabetes? I must have missed that. When did you get the diagnosis and is it type I or II? Do you notice any changes to your BS from iodine?

    Are you serious about sneaking iodine into your wife's food without her knowledge?

    Good to know that iodine ingestion without Ponaris is helping - well, and the primal diet helps, too, of course.

    About the population control hypothesis - I've heard that one before. Seems that NATO is supposedly behind this conspiracy. Let me pose a couple of questions.

    1. If the US government & co-conspirators are so hell bent on population control, why does Medicaid allow a welfare mom to have 6 children on the government dole - and also actually refuse to do sterilization until the mom is older - I think the age is 30, but I may have that age wrong, it changes.

    2. If Big Pharma and Big Agra are (a) all about the money, then (b) why should they work to reduce the consumer base?
    Last edited by justaseeker; 03-30-2012 at 08:34 AM.
    I feel like I ought to be wearing a bumper sticker that says: "Don't follow me I am lost." I am just a seeker like everyone else.

    Justaseeker's Journal:

    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post778214

    Iodine Research and Application Group:

    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/group134.html

  9. #1809
    justaseeker's Avatar
    justaseeker is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    705
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    For most folks, 2,000 IU is not even close to being adequate. The wife & I require 10,000 IU daily to get our 25ohd blood level close to the optimal target of 70ng/ml, as recommended by Dr. Kruse and by Dr. Davis. (Links can be found in the report in my sig line. So this ends up being 5 drops per serving and 180 servings for $9.99.

    Still a very good price. Thanks for the link,
    Grizz
    You're welcome. I do 10,000 IUs daily, too. And, I may be increasing it again soon. My daughter gives her kids the drops to enhance their liquid multis.
    I feel like I ought to be wearing a bumper sticker that says: "Don't follow me I am lost." I am just a seeker like everyone else.

    Justaseeker's Journal:

    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post778214

    Iodine Research and Application Group:

    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/group134.html

  10. #1810
    justaseeker's Avatar
    justaseeker is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    705
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    Justaseeker,

    Nice find: Here is the total list of nutrients:
    http://caltonnutrition.com/media/doc... sup facts.pdf

    Grizz
    Thanks - glad that you like it. This multi has certain advantages over others.

    1. Its designed to maximize absorption via (a) reducing competition between ingredients and by (b) being in powder/liquid form.

    2. It has more calcium (600 mgs) and magnesium (400 mgs) that I have seen in any multi - and that's a good ratio.

    Added note - I just checked the primal supplements again. I had looked at them before but decided they had too much copper. Anyway, they do have good amounts of calcium and magnesium.

    3. It does not have iron or copper - and its especially hard to get a multi without copper. Current state of nutritional science suggests that neither are healthy in a supplement.

    4. For those who need a more complete source of vitamin A, it has that and in a good ratio.


    For our purposes, it doesn't have enough selenium but it does have some and its easy to get more from nuts, especially Brazil nuts. And, it does have B 2& B3 - even if in smaller amounts. For many people on iodine that might be enough. So, conceivably this one multi, a few nuts, and whole salt could be the entire companion protocol for iodine - for some people. Others might want to add more vitamin C and the ATP cofactors. For me, its probably just going to be a little extra C powder and extra D3 drops to enhance the multi powder in a drink. Plus one single dose of the cal/mag that I take two doses of now. I don't do dairy.
    Last edited by justaseeker; 03-30-2012 at 09:38 AM.
    I feel like I ought to be wearing a bumper sticker that says: "Don't follow me I am lost." I am just a seeker like everyone else.

    Justaseeker's Journal:

    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post778214

    Iodine Research and Application Group:

    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/group134.html

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •