Page 11 of 415 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Iodine Anyone? page 11

Grizz is offline Banned
    Shop Now
    wabbit,

thanks for the caution. I'm watching myself carefully. If I see any reactions to 12 mg, I'll immediately drop back to 2 mg. I think the phobia about iodine is way overdone. Those who have thyroid issues ( not me ) do need to go very slowly under a doctors care.

Every cell in the body needs iodine, especially organs such as brain, prostate, & female organs. Whatever the body does not use goes out in the urine, as proven by the iodine loading test described in my earlier post. IMO, so bottom line if we are relatively healthy and without thyoid problems, there should not be any problems with 12 mg iodoral pills.

I'll keep everyone informed of progress with a weekly update.

Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 01-28-2012 at 06:44 AM.

Grizz is offline Banned
    Exciting news! 1st reaction to the higher dosage of iodine (12mg iodoral) was rather immediate, and worth celebrating !

For the 1st time in DECADES I have slept all night long without getting up in the middle of the night to pee. YAY. The improvements to my prostate have just taken a dramatic turn for the best.

At this point I should do a recap of progress with Iodine.
    ====================================
    I got my first hint about the need for iodine from Dr. Kruse in this link, paragraph 7
    http://jackkruse.com/what-are-the-to...o-supplements/
    Dr. Kruse is my HERO for this post !
    Dr. Kruse later clarified his position, to take 3 servings a week of seaweed.

We had dried seaweed collecting dust in our pantry for years. So we used it up over 2 days in seaweed soup.
    http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/korean-...up/detail.aspx
    The results were immediate. Years of insomnia disappeared overnight !

Then by another miracle, my HERO # 2, Dr. Davis put this great article on his blog, "Thyroid Tuneup"
    http://www.wheatbellyblog.com/2011/1...-up-checklist/
    So I immediately ordered Norwegian Kelp tablets from Amazion and started taking 1 mg/day
    Again the results were immediate. My sleep improved even more and I even began to have DREAMS. Prior to taking iodine, I could not remember having any dreams at all. So this proved my brain was needing iodine.

I was having such fantastic results from 1 mg Norwegian Kelp that I decided to up the dosage to 2 mg after 3 weeks on 1 mg. Once again, the results were immediate. Where I used to get up 2 or even 3 times a night to pee, now I was only getting up one time. AMAZING ! Also during this time I was searching the net for everything I could find about iodine. Thus I felt convinced that the iodoral 12 mg iodine supplement might offer additional improvements. And yet again the results were immediate. For the first time in DECADES, I slept like a log all night & did not get up to pee !
    There is a great deal of information on Google, search Prostate Iodine for more. Also for the ladies, search Female Problems iodine

Iodine prevents prostate cancer and cancer of the female organs !
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2gvI...eature=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uhNIKaid0w

At this time, I have to call iodine the MIRACLE supplement !
    ( Everyone should read the cautions in the links to Dr. Kruse & Dr. Davis, above )

Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 01-28-2012 at 08:19 AM.

Grizz is offline Banned
    Ohhh Myyyy Gawwwd !

Medical scanning dye can cause irreversible thyroid problems ! See THIS!
    A new study has found that iodine-based radiographic dye that doctors use to increase contrast during medical scans can damage the thyroid gland in some patients.
    Medical scan dye may damage the thyroid gland, cause hyperthyroidism or hypothyroidism | InjuryBoard New York City

Grizz

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    Ohhh Myyyy Gawwwd !

Medical scanning dye can cause irreversible thyroid problems ! See THIS!

Medical scan dye may damage the thyroid gland, cause hyperthyroidism or hypothyroidism | InjuryBoard New York City

Grizz
    HA! I'm allergic to it... once the docs find out I've had an anaphylactic reaction to that stuff they won't touch me with it.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

piano-doctor-lady is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lopisheep View Post
    We only need small bits of iodine, but good sources (primal) that I can think of are sea vegetables, cranberries, strawberries, Himalayan crystal salt, salt water fish, grass fed butter, bacon, eggs, liver, and grass fed meat:-)
    I Googled "strawberries and iodine", and I found this:
    Strawberries
    Strawberries are one of the few fruits that contains high amounts of iodine. A cup of strawberries contains 12.96 mcg of iodine or 8.6% of the RDA.

I don't consider 13 mcg. per cup to be high iodine.

Also, some strawberry fields are fumigated with methyl bromide. It's done before the plants are put in, but surely some compounds of it are taken up by the plants? Also, one of those videos I've been watching about iodine says that even organic fruits and vegetables raised with Colorado River water are high in bromine, because the drainage from fields where bromine has been used is in the irrigation water.

I think kelp is a much better source of iodine, and I don't think I'll eat strawberries unless they are locally grown.

Grizz is offline Banned
    PianoLady,
    I just ordered a box of seaweed from Amazon, with free shipping. Kelp and seaweed snacks. I hope we like it.

We already have the kelp noodles, and I highly recommend them. . . yummy in the tummy and a great alternative to grain noodles!
    Also great in salads ( nice & crunchy )

Grizz

Ferti is offline Senior Member
    There would need to be iodine in the soil for the strawberries to get it so it would depend on where they are grown. A good reason to go to the beach after a storm and get some seaweed for the garden.

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    Strawberries are one of those things you really should go organic on.

I've reduced my iodine to just one 12.5mg tablet. I feel pretty good. I still feel happy and warm and alert and energetic. If anything, I feel more energetic lately, but I don't know if the iodine has anything to do with it. I've also been doing bulletproof coffee instead of egg breakfasts (an almost IF) and trying to up my carbs a little bit (sweet potatoes mostly, but a few times some dates and dried fruit, and last night a very small amount of rice.)

I've been wondering if I could make my own sushi-like dinner but instead of doing it like real sushi rolls, perhaps just use basmati rice with bits of seaweed and cooked fish (ahi or salmon, perhaps). I have absolutely nothing against real sushi. I love it, I love sashimi. But I feel like I need to try something new and do it with seaweed.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

Alec is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferti View Post
    There would need to be iodine in the soil for the strawberries to get it so it would depend on where they are grown. A good reason to go to the beach after a storm and get some seaweed for the garden.
    Seaweed for the garden is a great idea. I live inland (California Central Valley) but the coast is an easy and fun day trip. Of course, bringing home a sack full of seaweed probably won't reassure my wife about my sanity...

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    Strawberries are one of those things you really should go organic on.

I've reduced my iodine to just one 12.5mg tablet. I feel pretty good. I still feel happy and warm and alert and energetic. If anything, I feel more energetic lately, but I don't know if the iodine has anything to do with it. I've also been doing bulletproof coffee instead of egg breakfasts (an almost IF) and trying to up my carbs a little bit (sweet potatoes mostly, but a few times some dates and dried fruit, and last night a very small amount of rice.)

I've been wondering if I could make my own sushi-like dinner but instead of doing it like real sushi rolls, perhaps just use basmati rice with bits of seaweed and cooked fish (ahi or salmon, perhaps). I have absolutely nothing against real sushi. I love it, I love sashimi. But I feel like I need to try something new and do it with seaweed.
    Could you do your Iodine Skin Test using 5% Lugols Iodine from Amazon?
    Iodine Replacement Therapy

I think your test result will show that you are in good shape. ( stain lasts for > 24 hours )
    My iodine stain still disappears in just 2 hours or less.

Grizz

Page 11 of 415 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast