Page 102 of 415 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152202 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 4146

Thread: Iodine Anyone? page 102

justaseeker is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by GrokON View Post
    Did anyone else who read this article find it both encouraging and terrifying at the same time?! Nothing is ever simple.
    I haven't read it yet but I'm betting that's exactly how I will find it too. I found things last night that I haven't shared here yet that make me just NUTS!

jo
    jo is offline Senior Member
    rrustad - interesting to hear of your 'emotional' issues. Do you think this is related to iodine and bromine detox? I know you said there was some other stress so maybe they are combining to affect your mood. I'm glad you mentioned it because it gives us something to look out for (and warn our partners about - lol). I had low mood during my first detox but it seems to be better now. My detox symptoms keep changing though.

Grizz is offline Banned
    Two questions:

Out of curiousity, do cherry angiomas go away on their own? Is it a common part of detox, or if we take it slow enough can we avoid this? I don't want those spots all over my body or face!

Secondly, how are you guys all taking your daily salt? Does it have to be 1/2 tsp in water once a day, or can it be 1/4 tsp in water twice per day? Note that I am not asking about SALT LOADING - I am asking about the daily salt 1/2 tsp recommended as a companion supplement.

Thanks!
    Angiomas
    =========

We are learning and will find out all of the answers as time goes on. Read the link I provided carefully:
    Cherry Angiomas - Find the real cause
    At the bottom are more instructions to help us detox in the case of angiomas. Also we see:
    Natural Topical Treatments
    For topical treatment of cherry angiomas, the following have been successful in varying degrees:

Ancient Mineral oil of magnesium applied to the area
    Cansema or bloodroot applied to the area
    Pascalite clay applied to the area
    Epsom salts or Celtic sea salts with hydrogen peroxide applied to the area

Testimonials on these successes may be found at Earth Clinic

Salt 1/2 tsp daily Celtic Sea Salt
    ========================

I mix this in with my morning coffee. Also I add 2 tablespoons of coconut oil. I rather enjoy the flavor of salted coffee !

Grizz

Quote Originally Posted by jo View Post
    Hi - yeah I have come across this before - I think it is something to do with IP addresses. It's a way of trying to stop people posting as several different identities. If you go to the front page of the forum here and click on Contact us at the bottom right. Fill in the form explaining that you want to either change your user name or create new username and explain why (i.e. security concerns). Most forums I have been to are fine with doing this. I'm guessing deleting your account will work too.
    I think you're right. I'll try what you suggest. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    Angiomas
    =========

We are learning and will find out all of the answers as time goes on. Read the link I provided carefully:
    Cherry Angiomas - Find the real cause
    At the bottom are more instructions to help us detox in the case of angiomas. Also we see:
    Natural Topical Treatments
    For topical treatment of cherry angiomas, the following have been successful in varying degrees:

Ancient Mineral oil of magnesium applied to the area
    Cansema or bloodroot applied to the area
    Pascalite clay applied to the area
    Epsom salts or Celtic sea salts with hydrogen peroxide applied to the area

Testimonials on these successes may be found at Earth Clinic

Salt 1/2 tsp daily Celtic Sea Salt
    ========================

I mix this in with my morning coffee. Also I add 2 tablespoons of coconut oil. I rather enjoy the flavor of salted coffee !

Grizz
    Grizz,

From looking at the number of people who are benefiting from this 1/2 tsp of whole salt in liquid in the AM, that is one of the things we might want to recommend as part of the support supplementation. Salt does support adrenals. Iodine does affect adrenals. It may not even be so much detox support as adrenal support.

About cherry angiomas, I noticed them on the list, too - and just hadn't gotten around to posting about them yet. I never had any until about the time I started estrogen replacement therapy peri-menopausal. I asked several doctors what they were and were they caused by the estrogen. As you can imagine I got NO real information, not even a name for them. What I DID get were shrugs, silences, denials about any medications causing them, and remarks about "normal aging". Right. Mine are very small and not very raised and tend to be on my truck and thighs. Will start to watch them more closely now.

Quote Originally Posted by jo View Post
    rrustad - interesting to hear of your 'emotional' issues. Do you think this is related to iodine and bromine detox? I know you said there was some other stress so maybe they are combining to affect your mood. I'm glad you mentioned it because it gives us something to look out for (and warn our partners about - lol). I had low mood during my first detox but it seems to be better now. My detox symptoms keep changing though.
    Could be detox related. Check the Iodine Bible - page 7 - "Psychiatric" symptoms of Bromide Detox. Could be adrenal related. Could be excess energy (a good thing) not being properly directed. Or, most likely, all of the above :-).

I think that routinely warning SO's about the fact that we are undertaking a detox that may alter our moods - or our ability to participate in whatever - is a good idea. I always give my people - and pets- a "head's up" about what I am doing and what they may/may not expect from me. The more sensitive pets - usually one or more of the small dogs - have a very fine paw on my emotional pulse. They know exactly what my energy and emotional status is, sometimes better than I do. Its like the way that dogs can sense an earthquake or a tsunami - they just detect changes in the environment.
    Last edited by justaseeker; 03-09-2012 at 02:50 PM.

Buffdv is offline Senior Member
    Did anyone else who read this article find it both encouraging and terrifying at the same time?! Nothing is ever simple.
    Yes! I have been reading this thread for a couple of weeks trying to figure out what to do and just when I decide to join the iodine munching primal people I read this. I have been primal for almost 6 months and have lost 42 lbs and feel great. A few weeks in I noticed that I got up less to pee during the night and prostate things generally were better, even though I wasn't taking any iodine, didn't even use iodized salt. It makes sense after reading this article that eating animal fats (lots of bacon and grass fed beef for me) and stopping eating vegetable oils will help your iodine uptake. I'm better than 95% primal, especially on the soybean oil and processed foods, those pretty much do not exist in my world anymore. And I eat a fair amount of seafood, strawberries, tons of pasture raised eggs and raw milk and grass fed beef so I must be getting a fair amount of iodine from all of that.

So, as I said, I decided to become an iodine muncher with the rest of you and I took my first half of a 12.5 mg Iodoral yesterday, then I read this today. My wife wanted to take a whole one but I've read all the side effects lists too many times for that, so it was half each. I've spent the last two weeks upping my vitamin and supplement intake to get the other essential minerals up to par and they include about 400 mcg of iodine, plus I added some iodized salt on my food. I haven't had any side effects except maybe some lower leg and foot pain that I cannot associate to anything else. I also haven't had any real improvement, not that I really needed any, primal has made me feel great for months. I have no apparent side effects today from taking the half Iodoral yesterday.

At this point I am thinking that maybe 1-2ish mg is better than going up to 12.5. Maybe I'll take half an Iodoral (6.25mg) every other day or something. The thing that I am coming back to that makes me doubt that 12-50+ mg is the right dose is that there is no possible way for Grok to have gotten that kind of dose and he wasn't taking Iodoral.

45 year old male went from 274 in Sept 2011 to 232 today.

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rrustad View Post
    Grizz,

About cherry angiomas, I noticed them on the list, too - and just hadn't gotten around to posting about them yet. I never had any until about the time I started estrogen replacement therapy peri-menopausal. I asked several doctors what they were and were they caused by the estrogen. As you can imagine I got NO real information, not even a name for them. What I DID get were shrugs, silences, denials about any medications causing them, and remarks about "normal aging". Right. Mine are very small and not very raised and tend to be on my truck and thighs. Will start to watch them more closely now.
    Bwahahaha - Mwahahaha Before long, doctors will be coming to US for advice ! I'll bet your doctors were clueless about what they were. That's why there were shrugs, silence, and blaming old age.

Danielle5690 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffdv View Post
    At this point I am thinking that maybe 1-2ish mg is better than going up to 12.5. Maybe I'll take half an Iodoral (6.25mg) every other day or something. The thing that I am coming back to that makes me doubt that 12-50+ mg is the right dose is that there is no possible way for Grok to have gotten that kind of dose and he wasn't taking Iodoral.
    If I remember correctly, the 12.5mg does of the Iodoral tablet is based on the average daily iodine intake of someone who eats a traditional Japanese diet. So that seems like a totally reasonable dose to me. I'm hesitant to take or suggest that anyone else take more than that per day, but each person has to decide that on their own based on the available research.

GrokON is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffdv View Post
    First off, congrats on your successes.

I share your sentiments EXACTLY.

I am sure for maintenance, a drop here and there of Lugol's to supplement Iodine intake on a natural schedule (say, the 3 times a week one eats seaweed) is more natural than 50mg+ per day. However, is there merit to the detox theory? Grok would not have been exposed to the trash we are exposed to now, and his Iodine intake would have been considerably higher naturally (he lived by the sea, ate plant life that grew in more mineral rich soil, and ate animals that consumed more nutritious feed).

So I find myself being less concerned with how "natural" Iodine supplementation is, since our environment is no longer natural, and more concerned with safety: can I take Lugol's at the 50mg per day dosage without worrying about thyroid disease and pulmonary edema?!

I found it particularly concerning that, while the Japanese have reduced rates of cancer, they have higher than normal rates of thyroid disease.
    5'6" Female, 29 Years Old, 260/195/120

"Discipline is choosing between what you want NOW, and what you want MOST!"