Page 101 of 415 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 4145

Thread: Iodine Anyone? page 101

jo
    jo is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by rrustad View Post
    Jo, maybe you can tell me how I can change my user name. I've searched the edit settings and can see how to change everything BUT the user name. I tried logging out of my account and creating a new account - only to be told that multiple accounts aren't allowed. So, now I am going to see if I can delete my current account and open a new one. I'm starting to dislike this platform. I own/moderate groups on other platforms and they allow these sorts of functions. I'm feeling trapped here and am starting to wonder if I'll end up unable to log in and participate. These feelings add to the feelings of paranoia and mild panic that seem to be a part of my deox symptoms right now. Add to that a mild headache and i really am not functioning well at the moment.

Thanks for any help that you (or anyone) can give me.
    Hi - yeah I have come across this before - I think it is something to do with IP addresses. It's a way of trying to stop people posting as several different identities. If you go to the front page of the forum here and click on Contact us at the bottom right. Fill in the form explaining that you want to either change your user name or create new username and explain why (i.e. security concerns). Most forums I have been to are fine with doing this. I'm guessing deleting your account will work too.

Mamame is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GrokON View Post
    Secondly, how are you guys all taking your daily salt? Does it have to be 1/2 tsp in water once a day, or can it be 1/4 tsp in water twice per day? Note that I am not asking about SALT LOADING - I am asking about the daily salt 1/2 tsp recommended as a companion supplement.

Thanks!
    I drink a mug of bone broth every morning with breakfast and just add 1/2 tsp of salt to that. Makes it extra good!

jo
    Quote Originally Posted by GrokON View Post
    Two questions:

Out of curiousity, do cherry angiomas go away on their own? Is it a common part of detox, or if we take it slow enough can we avoid this? I don't want those spots all over my body or face!

Secondly, how are you guys all taking your daily salt? Does it have to be 1/2 tsp in water once a day, or can it be 1/4 tsp in water twice per day? Note that I am not asking about SALT LOADING - I am asking about the daily salt 1/2 tsp recommended as a companion supplement.

Thanks!
    I'll let you know when my one angioma goes away - LOL.

Salt - I sprinkle it into glasses of water I drink and sip these after taking the iodine. I also make sure I salt my food.

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rrustad View Post
    Jo, maybe you can tell me how I can change my user name. I've searched the edit settings and can see how to change everything BUT the user name. I tried logging out of my account and creating a new account - only to be told that multiple accounts aren't allowed. So, now I am going to see if I can delete my current account and open a new one. I'm starting to dislike this platform. I own/moderate groups on other platforms and they allow these sorts of functions. I'm feeling trapped here and am starting to wonder if I'll end up unable to log in and participate. These feelings add to the feelings of paranoia and mild panic that seem to be a part of my deox symptoms right now. Add to that a mild headache and i really am not functioning well at the moment.

Thanks for any help that you (or anyone) can give me.
    rrustad,

Changing things in your profile is WELL HIDDEN ! Try this:
    Begin with click MY PROFILE at the top row
    1) Click FAQ at the (black) top menu
    2) Click "Setting Profiles & Features"
    3) Scroll down to find "Setting & Profile Features"
    Pick a subject like maybe "The Settings & Control Panel" or "Changing User Details" or "Profile Page Customization"

This will bring up more links to get into direct edit of the fields you want.

Hope this helps,
    Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 03-09-2012 at 03:23 PM.

GrokON is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jo View Post
    I'm not sure if this has been posted before, but it is a very readable review of the iodine debate from Weston Price: The Great Iodine Debate - Weston A Price Foundation
    Did anyone else who read this article find it both encouraging and terrifying at the same time?! Nothing is ever simple.
    5'6" Female, 29 Years Old, 260/195/120

"Discipline is choosing between what you want NOW, and what you want MOST!"

GrokON is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Danielle5690 View Post
    I just put it in my food. I'm not salt loading because even on the days I do have what seem like detox symptoms, they're extremely mild.
    My detox is extremely mild too at this point, and I don't salt load either. But I did want to get the 1/2 tsp supplement in that the protocol recommends. I'm at 4 drops of 5% Lugols per day (25mg) beginning today, no detox symptoms yet.
    5'6" Female, 29 Years Old, 260/195/120

"Discipline is choosing between what you want NOW, and what you want MOST!"

justaseeker is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    rrustad,

Pick a subject like maybe "The Settings & Control Panel" or "Changing User Details" or "Profile Page Customization"

Hope this helps,
    Grizz

Grizz
    Thanks, Grizz. I have already been all over every inch of the user control panel. It appears that the administrator hasn't authorized users to change their user names. So, Jo's recommendation to contact the admin is my only option - other than to maintain the status quo. I may sleep on this decision. Really, I am struggling with the "mental" aspects of detox - feelings of anxiety and so on.

I also have a LOT going on in my life right now. I just got off the phone after having a frustrated screaming (seriously) exchange with my husband over the course of medical treatment for one of our dogs. I'm not mad at him (or vice versa) and was just screaming in frustration over MORE IDIOT MEDICAL PEOPLE and corrupt systems and so on. He gets it and is with me and we came to a good decision. All is well. So far.

And, I feel for the moment much better. I think I am needing to spend more time away from a computer and more time exercising - at least going for a walk. I feel like I'm having adrenal surges. Sometimes I want to throw something! If I was at home in my house in the woods, I'd being going outside to scream my lungs out right now. Maybe I'll just go do that in the basement with a pillow over my face!

Anyway, I think you get the idea.

jo
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    rrustad,

Hope this helps,
    Grizz

Grizz
    Won't let you change your user name though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamame View Post
    I drink a mug of bone broth every morning with breakfast and just add 1/2 tsp of salt to that. Makes it extra good!
    I'm starting to do the same thing - and think of it as separate from the salt loading but good for supporting the detox process. I was using 1 tsp of SOLE and that helped. But, then I felt that what I needed was a full 1/2 tsp of Celtic sea salt in water before eating. That helps more and is all I need for the day. I think that the only time I will need more is when I am upping my dose. I don't see how doing this approach is a problem unless a person has high blood pressure or some other reason to avoid salt. And, after looking at the options I think that going ahead and stepping it up 12.5 mgs at a time is the way that I want to go.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by jo View Post
    Won't let you change your user name though.
    Exactly - everything BUT.