Thread: Primal to save my life in 2012? page

LosingControl is offline Junior Member

Primal to save my life in 2012?

Shop Now
    Hey guys, I am a new member here - basically I am looking for a new lifestyle in the new year. As I am writing this it is after 3 am and I am still hungover from the night before. I lead a lifestyle which doesn't make me happy for a number of reasons.

I have had an addiction in the past that made me depressed and I took a swing towards that sort of negativity lately. 2011 wasn't the worst year for me but it could've been better. I have a couple of hobbies which I spend a lot of time on and they are anti social. Working at a fast food restaurant(part time), I intake my fair share of awful food.

In 2012 my goals are to transform myself - getting better health, more sleep, more productivity, more social life etc

So I am looking for some tips on starting life the Primal way.

cheers

diinky1119 is offline Member
    read the book and check in on this blog .. its very helpful ...good luck and hang in there !!! Its a great lifestyle!!!

sixpack-rc is offline Senior Member
    Even just skipping the bun and any bread at work will help tremendously. Just eat a burger patty. That's what I do if I'm stuck.

~rc

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Welcome. Keep coming here for support.

When you slip, just let it go and get back on track.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

GrokNoob is offline Junior Member
    Hi there,

I'm new too and taking the plunge for several reasons, the main being tired of being overweight. So far I have seen lots of support and great articles around this website to read to be better informed, which is only adding to my resolve to "do this".

In fact the more I read on this site and in the books the more I am convinced that this isn't so much as "a lifestyle", but the original lifestyle. So much of our time is spent eating foods which aren't original and, when you do some digging, it's amazing what you find.

Anyway, I hope you stick with it!

phreebie is offline Senior Member
    Read the book and 'mine' the site. If you have any questions, search the main site first. In the years he has been doing this, Mark has covered a lot of ground. He does his research thoroughly and puts a lot of thought into his posts. Whereas many posters here may also be posting after a long night of revelry, or with some other agenda.

If you can't find the answer on the site, and/or just want a chat, the forum is the place to be.

Good luck in 2012!!
    Live. Grow. Flourish.

My Journal/story is at http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread38948.html

john_e_turner_ii is offline Senior Member
    Also, be patient. That is something I still struggle with. Some changes occur very quickly, and others take time.

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    There are a lot of people here struggling with various levels/forms of depression. Definitly check Mark's work first- he gives a lot of scientific backup for his stances. But- there are a lot of smart people on here that are attacking the problem from various angles.

Patience, persistance, and steak. You can do it!

I, personally, am about to do a Whole 30 (a slight variation on the whole caveman thing) to remind myself that red wine, while an acceptable indulgence, is not to be a daily indulgence. You might find that over time your desire to indulge in less healthy things actually decreases. It's pretty cool.