Thread: New to this Site page

Kudos2Fly is offline Junior Member

New to this Site

Primal Fuel
    Hi I'm not new to low carb, I am new to Paleo diet. My husband and I are pretty healthy, but wanted to clean up our diet. As we haven't been as strict with it and its showing. We have gone to eating organic at home, taking better vitamins and minerals, cut out a lot of "chemicals" in our house, but our diet hasn't been as great.

The last few months we have gone off the wagon, but want to improve. I was doing some research and of course came across this site and many others. This diet makes since to me. I always have a problem with carbs even "organic" carb foods. I gain weight no matter what. I went up to 149 pounds, so my goal now it to get down to my ideal weight of 115-20.

So I was trying to find a "way of eating" that I can do for a life time and not think about it. Also something I can live with. Other then the "vacation" or "family" event I think this "diet" may be the way to go in maintaining my weight. I'm tried of going on "diets" all the the time and always seem to gain the weight back.

Anyways, hopefully this site will help. I started Paleo on Dec 27 at 149.4 and on Dec 29 147.0. So I have lost 2.4lbs, but that's probably mostly water weight. We will see how the next months go.

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Welcome. I hope it works well for you.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    Good luck, and don't stress about the scale.

Kudos2Fly is offline Junior Member
    Thanks for the reply. No I don't stress about the scale, but is nice to see how you are doing.

primal pete is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    My one piece of advice is to not get caught up in the fanaticism that can become rampant on these forums, and always keep an open, critical mind.