Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Michael's Primal Journal (Hang on...This is a BIG ONE!) page 11

GrokinOut is offline Member
    Made it through the fast yesterday and actually went about 25 hours between dinner Wednesday and dinner last night...I "re" discovered the beauty of the fast...We went to my favorite Thai place in St. Louis and while my Pad Pek was good and primal(ish? not sure about the sauce?) the rice that I ate with it was not. The crab rangoon I indulged in wasn't either...Nor was the Frozen Yogurt (FroYo) we had with fruit topping afterwards...But despite all of that I was still well under my calorie goal. My carbs were way high even for the maintenance portion of the carbohydrate curve...But that's the first time I've done that poorly in that area since September, I'm not gonna stress.

On another note, my stomach/digestive tract is not happy with me at all! I'm not sure if it's due to the spiciness of what I ate or the carb overload...I think it's probably the latter...I feel bloated and indigesticated...Definitely a motivator to not go so overboard next time...

Today's back to usual. Gonna snag some boiled eggs and bacon for breakfast and probably some salad and something small from the hot bar at Whole Foods...Thank God it's Friday! Looking forward to a couple days out of the office...

GrokinOut!!!

Starting weight: 498
    Starting BF%: 43%
    Current weight: 490
    Goal: 230 @ 10% BF (preferably less)

Follow my progress here:
    My Primal Journal...aka The Big One

Wow! Crazy how time flies when you're having fun or when you're just plain busy! My weight hasn't changed since my last weigh-in as I had some not so good food days. We celebrated a belated Christmas for my sister who's going to school in Israel...So we had some of the usual (for our family) Christmas fare, Italian roast beef with veggies and stuff...The big kicker was Saturday...we went over to a friends and she made "made from scratch" fettucine with chicken and broccoli...I don't want to be the person that causes problems in these scenarios and didn't want to make her feel bad so I had a small bowl but I know that threw me over on my carbs and calories...I've recovered quickly though and know that I should have a decent drop here in the next few days...My trend is still downward and the curve is steep enough that I'm happy with it...This weekend my wife and I are taking a mini-vacation retreat thing and I probably won't post anymore until we get back...The plan is to eat clean and work in some pushups, squats, etc. in the room in between long walks to the shops and different venues we decide to visit. Looking forward to the long overdue break from work....Y'all have a great weekend!

GrokinOut!!!

Follow my progress here:

Ezestreets is offline Member
    michael ... Hope all is well. you are missed. Will talk again when you come back.

Dan

Well, I totally forgot about this thread. I'm reviving it! ZOMBIE THREAD!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, I've been gone for a while on a SAD tour of pain and sadness. Since my success that you can read about in previous pages of this thread, I've ballooned back up to right around 500 pounds. I'm incredibly blessed (I think) in that, I can still move around, play racquetball once a week, and don't have any major negative health issues going on...yet. I know I have to get a handle on this or I will. Thus the resurrection of my journal...Hold me accountable please!

I've been very nearly Primal for about two weeks now. I didn't get a chance to weigh until a few days ago but now I have a baseline for my journey forward. I'm going to work hard to implement the constant movement principles Mark has mentioned recently (or I've read recently...can't remember which) along with the sprinting (i.e., racquetball) and body weight movements in the form of pushups, lunges, squats, etc. If anyone has any ideas for subtle movement options that you use in the workplace (I'm in a cube farm) let me know!

Anyway, on to the diet portion.

Today I skipped breakfast and partook of Whole Foods for lunch. I had some meatballs, Chile verde chicken, buttered cabbage, and some tuna. I also have some pepperoni sticks that I've snacked on...They were where the grass-fed beef sticks were supposed to be and the package looked nearly identical...it wasn't until I opened it and took my first bite that I realized that they're pepperoni. I guess I'll be reading the package a little more carefully next time...

For dinner, I'm planning on eggs and bacon. Keep it simple, stupid! That's what I have to do, otherwise, I'll go way off the beaten track.

Tomorrow, I have a work lunch planned at a grill famous for cheesesteaks...The plan is to bring in some leftovers for the bulk of my lunch and to enjoy a salad or something when I'm out with coworkers. We'll see how well that works.

GrokinOut!!!

Follow my progress here:

Quick evening update: Went to the local lake/park/trail and walked for a bit. Also parked my car at the top of the big hill and walked down to the lake then back up the steps...over 200 steps with one little break in the middle. Yeah, I know I'm out of shape and it hit me just how bad my physical fitness is when I wasn't even able to keep up with my four year old daughter. It was a humbling, eye-opening experience...Motivation for more hard work!

GrokinOut!!!

Follow my progress here:

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Good day today! Had a super late night last night but got a ton of walking in...Probably a couple miles or so. (A lot for me at this point in my life...) Woke up later than usual this morning and cooked up a batch of pork chops. Skipped breakfast, at some eggs and 1.5 pork chops for lunch. Mowed and trimmed the lawn (after it rained...just to make it harder ), walked about a mile (round trip) to a park with my wife and daughter to play, and walked around Target for a while...another pork chop and some eggs for supper. Pork skins with some taco dip for a crunchy snack.

All in all, a pretty good day. Feeling better about my moving around and I'm looking forward to getting back into the weight loss groove of things.

GrokinOut!!!

Follow my progress here:

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011