Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Secret to Primal Life page

jpickett1968 Guest

Primal Fuel

I've had an amazing day. Started the day eating the incredibly tasty Son of Grok Breakfast Sandwich with coffee. Took my girls to the mall for a charity walk. Picked up the rest of the gang and went to the gym for a good 5X5 workout. Ate a Big Ass Salad with shrimp and red peppers. Got a short nap. Just finished an amazing dinner of Primal Meatballs, Asparagus with grated cheese, and a bowl of strawberries and cream. Now I feel so energized - pretty much how I've felt all day. I never feel this good during the workweek with my desk job, so...

So the Secret of Primal Life I've uncovered - I need to quit my job!

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member

Or find a more suitable job, right?

I had this bizarre realization a week or so ago, when I was working my day job in fiber optics, and pulling nights at a restaurant. While the restaurant gig could be fun at times, it dawned on me... I like my day job! o.O Total "WTF" moment.

I sit sometimes and build cables. Sometimes I have bigger cables that I need to stand to build. Sometimes I lift heavy spools onto the rack, or carry them from one side of the building to the other. When I polish and test I do a good deal of walking. I can eat what I want, and took an electric griddle to work to cook my bacon and eggs. My co-workers all recognize and accept the fact that I'm weird. We don't clock in or clock out, so it's like being salaried. We usually get to leave a bit early, and being a few minutes late is no big deal. Getting time off is generally a cinch. It's unbelievable. I love my job.

Only problem is, I only make about $9 an hour. :P

jpickett1968 Guest

In case my boss is reading this, I wasn't being literal here, but there is a definite downside to having a desk job. My office has no windows to make matters worse. Perhaps the other secret to the Primal Life is simply this - enjoy the weekends more than I used to?

John R Guest

Or figure out some way to work from home. I do -- I eat my own food, work outside with a laptop in nice weather, go for walks or runs in nearby woods when I need a break... it's great. And the best part is that when I'm done for the day, my commute is a flight of stairs.

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member

An at-home job would be fantastic. I still haven't figured out how to get one of those. I'm always open to suggestions.

jpickett- I hear ya. Having no windows does suck. Can you take your breaks outdoors?

clayberg is offline Junior Member

Primal living is eye opening to what we have been missing, YEAH ! I've had moments of "I want my own farm" and this is coming from a city girl!

Love the energy!

jpickett1968 Guest

Diana - yes I do get outside during breaks as often as I can. Just not the same though, ya know? And that lack of sunshine does sap the energy in the afternoon. At first I thought it was going Primal, but I'm convinced, especially after today, it's not that at all. Time to reconfigure things come Monday. A timer on my desktop for me to walk around, etc.

MOVE FREQUENTLY AT A SLOW PACE!

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member

I think we should buy a big chunk of land somewhere warm and have a nice, self-sustaining Primal commune.

You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Dualhammers is offline Senior Member

Communes always end in suicide pacts.

Dagny is offline Member

I'm in for the commune... As long as we can have lots of dogs on the commune (my baby Akita is sleeping on my lap right now.)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast