Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Secret to Primal Life page 2

Dagny is offline Member

Shop Now

Ooooh! I can be the commune sommelier! I'm really good at it!

jpickett1968 Guest

The commune idea, Primal Child - I knew it would come out. If you hadn't brought it out, I would have.

No one would have to mow the yard cuz we'd be out sprinting all the time. We'd constantly run out of almond butter and coconut oil... No kool-aid, though DualHammers, for the suicide juice!

I kinda like the idea. We could test it out in a camping situation along with a canoe float and games similar to what is scheduled at Primal Con. The ideas are many in my head, but alas - the desk job will be calling me back tomorrow nonetheless.

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member

With a bunch of strangers getting together for a project like that, though, even if we do have the same goal, it feels like it'd be like a reality TV show without the cameras. But I think testing things out with a few "camps" is a great idea.

Dagny, as long as the dogs aren't yappy little shivering puffballs.

You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

hannahc is offline Senior Member

Haha, that would make for quite a reality show...maybe it could be more like a wide spread community, I don't like having neighbors right next door!! We could all buy a huge plot of land and live like, a mile or so apart so we'd have to walk everywhere, close enough to gather, but far enough apart to feel like you have privacy...that would be cool

You are what you eat,
    and what you eat eats too - Michael Pollan

jpickett1968 Guest

I love the reality show angle - imagine the food competitions!

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member

I hate reality TV :/

We'd need to have a few people who know how to hunt and dress animals who can teach the rest of us.

You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Dagny is offline Member

Primalchild - I hate yappy little dogs, I have a 50 Lb Samoyed and an 80 Lb Akita mix puppy.

Dagny is offline Member

On a related note, the most primal person I know is Joe the dog walker. He's the best dog walker in Seattle, he spends his days running around the dog park playing with dogs; There are many passive dog walkers, the ones that just go along watching the dogs do their thing at the park, not this guy... He jogs along with them throwing balls, playing tug, running into the lake with them and sprinting back and forth having a great time. He's there pretty much from sun-up to sun-down, except when he's gone to change out his "pack" of buddies. I can't think of anyone who lives a more primal lifestyle.

neighborhood fit is offline Junior Member

Okay, all ideas and suggestions (expect "Communes always end in suicide pacts.") sound great to me. Maybe start out as weekend meet ups to get a feel for things.

Of course, location, location, location would be vital. Would it be hardcore living off the land, no electricity? No cell phones or computers, television etc.

Side note: I would love to work from home full time. I have lots of windows, and lots of area to walk during break and lunch so it's not too bad. But sitting at my desk for 7.5 hours a day is like...well sitting at my desk for 7.5 hours a day.

Dagny: Dog walker...wonder how much he makes...and could I survive off it with 2 boys in Los Angeles. Now that would be primal. LOL! Gotta google it.

“Being realistic is the most commonly traveled road to mediocrity.”

Double-A is offline Junior Member

jpickett, I really recommend Tim Ferris' book The 4-Hour Work Week. Sounds like what you might be looking for

http://www.fourhourworkweek.com/

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast