Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: What are your fitness goals? page 6

not on the rug is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    2 main fitness goals.

1) a muscle up. i've actually never tried one before, so who knows, i may already be able to do one.
    2) i want to hand over hand climb my 3" rope with no feet/legs at all. i need to definitely work on my grip strength for that. time to dig out the CoC grippers again

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    Woohoo - I managed two rounds of about 6 two-arm press-ups today. Admittedly, I only managed to dip my body a few inches, but my body was pretty straight. Shows that my strength training is paying off :-)
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Vagabond is offline Junior Member
    Just remaxed (now a little bit closer to my goals!

pyrosis is offline Member
    - one armed chinup
    - bodyweight bench press
    - 1.5x bodyweight squat
    - 2x bodyweight deadlift
    - sub 40 minute 10k run

dado Guest
    my fitness goals right now, i just want my stress fracture to heal so i can take a light jog

john7865 is offline Junior Member
    1) Look nice

2) Stay strong and healthy

3) Be able to complete a Tough Mudder

BarbeyGirl is offline Senior Member
    1) Make the boys look.

2) Be able to beat them up if they do more than look.

J/K. I'm presently working on improving metabolic conditioning and rebuilding strength after some rehab-forced time off. I'd like to lean out just a hair, which dovetails nicely with the metcon but not as well with the strength, though I think I'm shooting within a range of goals that can be accomplished simultaneously. When I'm back up to par, I'd like to explore some gymnastic bodyweight movements from one-armed pushups to L-sits to handstand pushups, muscle ups, and such. 20 dead-hang pullups would make me happy.
    Last edited by BarbeyGirl; 02-28-2012 at 01:09 PM.
    Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

BarbeyGirl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dado View Post
    my fitness goals right now, i just want my stress fracture to heal so i can take a light jog
    Ugh. That was me over the late summer and fall. Another injury made me take enough time off to let it heal. It took about 3 months of behaving myself before I could run again. Frustrating as hell, but not as frustrating as more delays from reinjury...
    Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

WarlordBlade is offline Senior Member
    1 - Muscle-up - I have been able to get one on rings, and once on a playground weird grip bars - but I want good solid muscle ups on a straight bar.
    2 - Human Flag
    3 - Ridiculous Six Pack - closer and closer!
    4 - Full Ab Rollout with wheel from standing
    5 - Handstand & other Yoga poses like Scorpion, Forearm handstand - I love Yoga Balance and Arm-balance poses!
    ~It's All Relative!~
    34 - 5'11" CW - 159 GW - 175 10% BF or less!

Primal Journal
    Fitness Blog - Instagram
    Join me on Fitocracy

Blanchy is offline Member
    I'd like to gain some muscle (currently 145lbs at 5'10) and mobility... I've been following MobilityWOD, which is awesome, and I am working myself towards one-arm pull-ups and push-ups. Big pr today- push press on both arms with the 24kg kettlebell. Been wanting to put that one up for a while.
    "Itís not about how strong you are, itís how well you can move with that strength."

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast