Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: What are your fitness goals? page 5

federkeil is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    New goals:

L-sit for 60 seconds

20 consecutive pullups (any grip)
    I didn't like the rules you gave me, so I made some of my own.

Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general. - Mark Rippetoe

LexxyV86 is offline Senior Member
    my goals are so simple:

or is it just one goal:

I simply want to "exercise" 4 to 5 times a week- one of my biggest challenges- writer-artist- yeah I sit a lot of the time. So goal is to get myself into a routine and stick to it ( whatever it may be) I most likely wont go the traditional route of exercise ( as I call it) I prefer dance classes, kickboxing/ martial arts, and anything interesting ( I like yoga, pilates and even water aerobics)

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

MikeEnRegalia is offline Senior Member
    Used to be: Being able to perform a pull-up. Now that I can do at least three, it moved to being able to perform a proper one-armed push-up, which I can currently do with the hand at about 20 inches elevated from the floor.

And in the way, way before my goal used to be hypertrophy - now it's functional strength, as in being able to pull off some gymnastic feats with ease.

Drift is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Vagabond View Post
    Way to go drift. Remember use the wedding as a catalyst, not as a cut off point. I know from experience that it is easy to place an event as a goal deadline, and then when you have reached it... cut lose.
    That is going to be the hard part but I figure by then I will be in the good "habits" and ideally it will all stick.

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    Well managed one of my goals.
    I was working on the clutch flag from CC2, I was at stage 2 of 8 and decided to just go for it - so I am now up to a 5 second clutch flag after starting which is not bad.
    New goal is holding a clutch flag for at least 20s and I now need to nail a press flag.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Vagabond is offline Junior Member
    Planche is an excellent goal! One of my hidden desires. Do a lot of research on how to train for planches, maybe even go to an open gym at a local gymnastics gym. There is a lot that can go wrong with planche training (in regards to your connective tissue).

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    geez... I just want to be able to walk about 5k several times a week...
    Oh, and I'd like to be able to DRIVE again.

Starting from ZERO with some serious chronic health issues I just hope to get to that by the end of this year.

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    I'm happy with my cardio fitness, and strength in my legs, but I seriously need to build more core strength in my upper body. My biceps are strong, and abs OK, but the rest of it not.

My goal is to be able to do a 2-arm press-up (English name for push-ups)... At the moment I can only do about 10 of the girlie variety with my knees on the floor as the back pivot. At least that's more than I could do 3 months ago, so I know I'm making progress.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Ouaouaron is offline Senior Member
    Be in good shape, sleep well and be in good shape during old age and play with my grand kids like I do with my son now, but...I have only been on Paleo for 2.5 months and for only 1.5 months I have been doing planks, pushups and now for the last week pull ups and chin ups and it is amazing how easy it is to grow muscle all over the place (had no idea). I think I will add to my goal: growing even more muscles. : )

Dig62 is offline Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Cliche I know.... but I wanna look good nekkid!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast