Thread: Just discovered primal and this site and about to take the plunge! page

nutritionistwannabe is offline Junior Member

Just discovered primal and this site and about to take the plunge!

Primal Fuel
    Hi! I am new to the concept of primal/paleo and want to give it a shot. I discovered it when trying to find a solution to my husband's digestive maladies. At first I thought it sounded nuts (ha ha) that grains and legumes are BAD for you, but the more I read it is starting to make some sense to me so I think we should give it a shot and see what happens. I also think it may help me with some health concerns I have (Graves disease, Reynauds, weight, depression) and I really hope it helps with my blood sugar crashes and stark raving hunger a couple of hours after meals. I have not read Primal Blueprint yet but read a ton of the articles on this site and others and just started Wheat Belly.

I am currently a stay at home mom with a toddler but have always been interested (obsessed?) in nutrition and am considering becoming a nutritionist. I've had many vegetarian phases in my life but currently eat meat. I'm just fascinated by the Primal concept as it turns on its head almost everything I've thought was "good" nutrition and the past couple of weeks I can't stop reading about it. Any "diet" that embraces butter and bacon can't be all bad! Anyway, I just wanted to say hi and welcome any tips or advice.

primalian is offline Junior Member
    Welcome

Go Tribe is offline Senior Member
    Wannabe:

I have been Primal for about 3 months now. It took a major complication in my life (Type II Diabetes) for me to wake up and change my life. The results have been dramatic - I have lost 50 pounds and have dropped my blood sugar down to normal levels. I think this is the best diet program I have ever been on - its uncomplicated and the results seem to be nothing short of mircaulous! Since you are a woman, I've seen many get disappointed in their results first off - don't be too discouraged. Women seem to hit a tired phase right off the bat before they get into the high energy part of this diet that will really suprise you. Mental clarity is unbelieveable once this change occurs!

The Best of Luck!

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Welcome. I have been living similarly to primal for a year and a half. (I refuse to label myself, but if I had to I would say I'm Archevore.) It has made dramatic improvements in my health.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

nutritionistwannabe is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Thanks for the heads up about women having disappointing initial results. That is good to know in advance!