Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Does IF lose fat indeed? page

hxl2012 is offline Member

Does IF lose fat indeed?

Primal Fuel
    i am a new here. I am thinking of doing 16-hour IF twice a week: 7pm (after dinner) - 12am (skip next breakfast, but have next lunch).

Are you sure that IF can lose fat? Does anybody have any experience of losing body fat but not muscle by doing IF?
    Nothing you can't do once you believe that you can.

SW:120lb
    CW:116lb
    GW:110lb

Glamorama is offline Senior Member
    I saw good results IFing, and lost fat, not muscle. I don't IF much atm, but will do it again soon.

Bissen is offline Senior Member
    We really can't tell what works for you

Try it out!

hxl2012 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bissen View Post
    We really can't tell what works for you

Try it out!
    don't wanna take the risk.
    Nothing you can't do once you believe that you can.

SW:120lb
    CW:116lb
    GW:110lb

dado Guest

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hxl2012 View Post
    i am a new here. I am thinking of doing 16-hour IF twice a week: 7pm (after dinner) - 12am (skip next breakfast, but have next lunch).

Are you sure that IF can lose fat? Does anybody have any experience of losing body fat but not muscle by doing IF?
    how much thinking have you done? whenever i see this type of statement i generally assume that the person has watched someone else and wants the same results. Is my assumption inaccurate?

All of my progress has been made by trying one or two things different and then measuring the results. As has already been stated, no one but you knows how your body works. The safe assumption is that you are human and thus fall under the rules of circadian rythym, however that could be broken I suppose.

why would you do that? who said it awa a good idea? i am not saying it is a bad idea, i just want to know what you are thinking
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Kudos2Fly is offline Junior Member

Fasting

I'm new to this forum, but not to fasting. My husband and I have done fasting in the past. We have done 2-3 day fasts. We do juice fasts, which in my opinion is a bit healthier then just water.

But if you are to stick with a Paleo diet or hunter/gather diet then I would think some fasting would be involved. Its not like are ancestors had grocery stores around every corner like we do today. So I'm sure they fasted from time to time, as food wasn't available all the time. But I would think for them it wasn't a choice.

So I think fasting is not a bad ideal. I'm thinking of doing the same thing, short quick fasts. But weather your body will respond to what you want it to do is another thing. The only way to know like some have said it test it out.

primalian is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kudos2Fly View Post
    We do juice fasts, which in my opinion is a bit healthier then just water.
    Do you mean vegetable juice? From my understanding of fasting for fat burning purposes, drinking fruit juice would greatly hinder any potential fat loss... I tend to avoid fruit juices all together, but that's just me

primalian is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hxl2012 View Post

I've found it works quite well for me, 3 times a week combined with heavy lifting/weights during IF mornings.. I find it's also quite a good motivational tool for making sure you get out there in the morning and work out - that way your 12pm lunch feels more rewarding

IcarianVX is offline Senior Member
    Check out Intermittent fasting diet for fat loss, muscle gain and health there is a bevvy of info on why you will not lose muscle and only lose fat. But, as others have said, you have to try it for yourself.
    People too weak to follow their own dreams will always try to discourage others.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast