Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Natural Leanness page

DiscoStew is offline Junior Member

Natural Leanness

Primal Fuel
    Hi fellow PBers, I'm curious to know if those who follow the PB lifestyle believe that, given time, the body will reach a level of "natural" leanness? For example, in Mark's new transformation book, he shows a picture of three Australian aboriginals (taken in 1939 I think) in which all three in the photo are "ripped". This is what I mean by "natural" leanness. Is this what people who follow the PB lifestyle can expect (in the long run)?

DS

Cal. is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DiscoStew View Post
    Hi fellow PBers, I'm curious to know if those who follow the PB lifestyle believe that, given time, the body will reach a level of "natural" leanness? For example, in Mark's new transformation book, he shows a picture of three Australian aboriginals (taken in 1939 I think) in which all three in the photo are "ripped". This is what I mean by "natural" leanness. Is this what people who follow the PB lifestyle can expect (in the long run)?
    As long as they're following the ten Primal Blueprint laws:

1. Eat Lots of Plants Animals and Insects,
    2. Avoid Poisonous Things,
    3. Move Frequently At A Slow Pace,
    4. Lift Heavy Things,
    5. Run Really Fast Once In A While,
    6. Get Adequate Sleep,
    7. Play,
    8. Get Plenty of Sunlight,
    9. Avoid Stupid Mistakes, and
    10. Use Your Brain.

Sure, no problem.

PS
    I guess you can tell by Mark's photos that that's the lifestyle he follows. The ladies of course will naturally have a little more body fat, but that's nice (not to mention feminine).

jammies is offline Senior Member
    I think the in the absence of natural food scarcity and using your body to generate your own sustenance, obtaining a ripped look will require some limits placed on food consumption and some intense exercise sessions. (Except for a subset of people - usually young males, who seem to manage that look without too much effort)

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    No, actually. I've been doing this crap for 3 years and I still have a flabby gut.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    welp, then either you're doing something that stresses your body out or your body doesn't like something you're eating or you had a ginormous beer belly and it's loose skin
    beautiful
    yeah you are

Over the next 90 minutes, I want to show you that all of your problems can be solved with my penis.

Misabi is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Caveman View Post
    No, actually. I've been doing this crap for 3 years and I still have a flabby gut.
    You're obviously doing something wrong then. Try eating more, less, more fat, less fat, more carbs, no carbs, meat only, raw vegan, bzzt wrrk brrrr......
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Misabi is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sihana View Post
    You are comparing chicken to beef, but I'll try to answer.

Based off of what I have read on these forums, from journals and success stories

I suspect that the average adult who follows PB Lifestyle(just the PBFitness) completely, can probably expect to look thin and lean, with decent muscle definition. This assumes if they follow PBF that they are not doing anything above a level 6. If you include working out at the gym, playing a sport, etc, then you can get ripped after a few years of work if you start heavily obese or even a few months if you start healthy.

To be ripped like the men in the pictures, you and I need to do a lot of work. We do not have the advantage of being raised ancestral since birth, and we have a lot of damage that has to be reversed and overcome. They have the advantage of being as strong as evolution can make them and actively using those advantages, whereas we lose ours (squatting anyone?).
    The one thing I'd add to this is that in addition to the guys in the photo having "the advantage of being raised ancestral since birth" is that so had their parents, grandparents, ad infinitum. Whereas, even if we sort ourselves out and then have kids who eat this way from birth, while being much better off than most of us, they will still be fighting at least a couple of generations of poor diet and the resulting epigenetics. But if the cycle continues, their kids and grandkids will be even better off and could be back to where this aboriginal men where.
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Misabi View Post
    You're obviously doing something wrong then. Try eating more, less, more fat, less fat, more carbs, no carbs, meat only, raw vegan, bzzt wrrk brrrr......
    you didn't mention raw paleo, he should be eating lots of raw meat and little or no veggies, with occasional 5000 cals of fruit every other day
    beautiful
    yeah you are

Over the next 90 minutes, I want to show you that all of your problems can be solved with my penis.

tapper47 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sihana View Post
    You are comparing chicken to beef, but I'll try to answer.

Based off of what I have read on these forums, from journals and success stories

I suspect that the average adult who follows PB Lifestyle(just the PBFitness) completely, can probably expect to look thin and lean, with decent muscle definition. This assumes if they follow PBF that they are not doing anything above a level 6. If you include working out at the gym, playing a sport, etc, then you can get ripped after a few years of work if you start heavily obese or even a few months if you start healthy.

To be ripped like the men in the pictures, you and I need to do a lot of work. We do not have the advantage of being raised ancestral since birth, and we have a lot of damage that has to be reversed and overcome. They have the advantage of being as strong as evolution can make them and actively using those advantages, whereas we lose ours (squatting anyone?).
    Your sig: Started Jan 1st, 2011
    Starting Weight: 325lbs
    Current Weight as of December 26th: 212lbs
    Goal Weight: 160lbs

You've lost 113 lbs since January? Way to go, girl. Congratulations!

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Misabi View Post
    Hahaha. Exactly. I mean the flabby gut gets smaller in small spurts every couple of months but I am not seeing progress like some other people on here. I've been eating more fruit lately which makes me feel better in general. I figure if I am still craving sweets after all this time, then why the hell not give my body something sweet (and nutritious)? If I'm hungry then why not eat?

It bothers me when newbies come on here asking for advice and they're constantly told to ditch the carbs. They should be told to get rid of wheat, high PUFA oils and refined sugar, but to eat as much as they crave of any primal food (excluding nut-flour desserts, you psychos) and see what happens.

Actually I think very few of us are doing the PB as Sisson intended. Everyone has some weird quirk to it, like very-low-carb, or daily IFing, or leptin resetting, or basing one's life on bacon, or eating half a pound of butter a day (grassfed kerrygold, huurrr).
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast