Thread: Omega 6 & weight gain in Women page

me2
    me2 is offline Senior Member

Omega 6 & weight gain in Women

Primal Fuel
    In this NY times article you referenced on 12/25 the authors talk about the link between omega 6 consumption & weight gain in females. How does this apply to PB? Foods such as seeds, nuts, pork & chicken are choc full of omega 6s. Reason for concern? Moderation?
    Notebook of a Nutrition Nerd

‘THE FOOD YOU EAT CAN BE THE SAFEST AND MOST POWERFUL FORM OF MEDICINE OR THE SLOWEST RELEASING POISON' - Dr Ann Wigmore.

IcarianVX is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by me2 View Post
    In this NY times article you referenced on 12/25 the authors talk about the link between omega 6 consumption & weight gain in females. How does this apply to PB? Foods such as seeds, nuts, pork & chicken are choc full of omega 6s. Reason for concern? Moderation?
    I think it works that way in all humans, whether you have a uterus or not. Just sayin.

The biggest culprit of omega 6 consumption is vegetable oils. Get rid of those and you are 90% of the way there. The problem with removing the other things you have mentioned is that there are a lot of other things that you need from them that negate the fact that they have a small amount of omega 6 in them. The nuts have minerals and other good fats, pork has the highest content of oleic acid of any meat and both chicken and pork are great sources of protein. Don't eat a shitload of nuts, take the skin off of the chicken and maybe just don't eat pork everyday. It's real food, and that is the main point.
    People too weak to follow their own dreams will always try to discourage others.