Thread: Kidney Pain page

driftwood is offline Senior Member

Kidney Pain

Shop Now
    Just curious, This has happened before.

Aside from sugar, I'd say I am pretty Primal now. I have cut down to sugar two packets a day. That's it!!!

Yesterday I had not eaten all day, and by the time Christmas came around I was so hungry I ate a roll, potatoes, carbs carbs carbs...

I also drank three rum and diet cokes...
    This morning my kidneys hurt like crud...

is there a link?

reflex is offline Member
    How do you know it was your kidneys?

sambone5407 is offline Junior Member
    I went primal in early October and was extremely strict as far as carb consumption goes. I also experienced pain in my kidney areas when exerting myself. A couple times when doing some hardcore wood splitting and once shortly after a kettlebell routine. I have been training for a couple years now and never experienced this until I went primal. Hasn't happened recently but I did wonder if there was a correlation. Pain was not severe, more of a dull ache. Uncomfortable but not debilitating by anymeans.

Korga is offline Member
    Yes there is a correlation to Uric Acid buildup. If you eat a lot of sugar or carbs, your body will release Insulin and if your uric Acid levels are too high this will cause the kidneys to concentrate calcium into stones. You can relieve the condition by drinking 1/8 Teaspoon of Baking soda in water every two hours for 1-3 days. High uric Acid levels are associated with a diet high in animal products, or more accurately; high Purine levels in foods.

moonablaze is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sambone5407 View Post
    I went primal in early October and was extremely strict as far as carb consumption goes. I also experienced pain in my kidney areas when exerting myself. A couple times when doing some hardcore wood splitting and once shortly after a kettlebell routine. I have been training for a couple years now and never experienced this until I went primal. Hasn't happened recently but I did wonder if there was a correlation. Pain was not severe, more of a dull ache. Uncomfortable but not debilitating by anymeans.
    this sounds like a low back strain not kidney problems. achey and only happens with intense, bending-heavy exercise? you probably took a couple bad swings/lifts and tweaked it a little. No big deal.

Finnabair is offline Senior Member
    A lot of folks think kidneys are in the lower back. They really aren't. The top edge is under your rib cage. WAY higher than you think.

I know this because I gave my left kidney to my husband in 1994.

sambone5407 is offline Junior Member
    I have suffered from a bulging disc in the past and all the wonderful aches and pains that go along with "a bad back". I have also passed a kidney stone and definitely this originated from the kidneys. Might be another stone starting but the last time that was extremely painful and hurt more when I lay in bed as opposed to moving about. It may not be related at all to being primal just wondered if anyone experienced this.