Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: the more I dig, the more confused it get... page

robmedina is offline Member

Shop Now

I have been LC for a month on Feb 4th. I have lost 21lbs so far. I have been reading ZIOH and hear alot of people who are ZC. Charles, from ZIOH states that he eats protein and fats (raw mostly) and still runs alot of races (this is of particular interest to me as I am a runner) Charles says he does not drink alot of water and never drinks during a race (even a half marathon)

At this point in time I am not ready to eat raw meat and honestly can never see that happening.

I just want to be a "normal" weight and enjoy activities.

I tried to switch my diet and do more fat (real sausage, real bacon) with my eggs, use butter etc. Since doing that I feel heavy and I feel hunger more than I did when I ate leaner cuts of meat and the turkey equivalents of bacon and sausage.

Another thing is my skin is dryer than normal right around the time I upped my fat intake (could be a month of high protein, who knows?)

The more I dig and think I have found a happy solution (I am insulin resistant) I read another person saying no only ZC is the way to go, NO, only raw meat and water, NO LC and lean protein..... it just keeps going!

another thing too- since going high fat I am stopped up. so doesn't that mean we were meant to eat some type of veggies for fiber? Can't anyone just simply put their ego aside and say what the truth is?

Katt is offline Senior Member

The truth is, there are many approaches to a primal/paleo/low carb lifestyle. Not everything works exactly the same for everybody. It's a matter of discovering what works best for you.

I eat between 20 and 60 grams of carbs a day, depending. Fat and protein are very high. I don't experience any problems with constipation at all. I drink tea and coffee with cream, use ghee and bacon fat for cooking, and stay away from grains and sugar.

Start weight: 250 - 06/2009
    Current weight: 199
    Goal: 145

louden is offline Junior Member

I can't comment on all the ZC/LC issue - but with regards to being stuff up - does the ZC permit you to take a fiber additive in your diet?

Louden- I am not ZC, I am probably more VLC. The more I read the more it seems someone is saying, well LC is close, but to be really healthy you need to be ZC. Then I read ZC is fine, but to be really healthy you need to eat more fat. it just keeps going.

anyway- I guess my thing was more of a rant than a question. I am going back to eating LC with lean meats. Turkey bacon, turkey sausages. Cauliflower (YUM!) broccoli, and drinking my water and running. I will see how it goes from there in a few months.

Thanks!

Pikaia is offline Junior Member

Ditto what Katt said.

@ louden, zero carbers wouldn't take fiber supplements, because fiber supps are carbs. Are you thinking you'd need a fiber supp to avoid constipation? That should not be needed when you go ZC or VLC, as long as fat is high enough. Paying attention to magnesium intake can also be important for avoiding constipation.

chima_p is offline Senior Member

Vick is offline Senior Member

Why is zero carb important to you?

There is an echo in this forum. This forumis dominated by low or zero carbs but not if you read Mark's book.

If you have type ll diabetes then Griff will tell you the benefits of low carbs.

To put this in perspective... the western diet is not normal carbs... they are so high they could put on Mars.

Zero Carb isn't important to me at all- but LC is. How much LC? I don't know. Enough to keep my BG down.

I don't have type II diabetes, I am insulin resistant. so far it seems I can certainly handles some carbs- which is how I am going to keep going until I get to a point where I need to change.

Griff is offline Senior Member

I maintain at or under 50g of carbs per day and my blood sugar stays nice and low - in the 80s to 90s most of the time. For me, it's worth it to go VLC.

Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

Asturian is offline Senior Member

PrimalCon New York

If you feel that you are insulin resistant, consider doing the Eades "The 6-Week Cure for the Middle-aged Middle".

It is very low carb (perhaps even ketogenic) for first few weeks in attempt to detox the liver and target elimination of liver fat first.

Try it as an induction into primal diet/lifestyle.

“It is a truism that almost any sect, cult, or religion will legislate its creeds into law if it acquires the political power to do so, and will follow it by suppressing opposition, subverting all education to seize early the minds of the young, and by killing, locking up, or driving underground all heretics.”
    —Robert A. Heinlein

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast