Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: the more I dig, the more confused it get... page 2

Tarlach is offline Member

Shop Now
    [quote]

Why is zero carb important to you?

There is an echo in this forum. This forumis dominated by low or zero carbs but not if you read Mark's book.

If you have type ll diabetes then Griff will tell you the benefits of low carbs.

To put this in perspective... the western diet is not normal carbs... they are so high they could put on Mars. </blockquote>

So we all agree that the SAD level of carbs is WAY to high and is terrible for your health.

Mark advocates keeping carbs quite low and cutting carbs lower to lose body fat (which improves health).

Griff can show vast improvements in blood sugar control on VLC.

Why not go all the way and go ZC?

We have shown that the more carbs you have, the worse your health is. Why assume that ZC is anything but better than VLC?

The "Seven Deadly Sins"

Grains (wheat/rice/oats etc) . . . . . Dairy (milk/yogurt/butter/cheese etc) . . . . . Nightshades (peppers/tomato/eggplant etc)
    Tubers (potato/arrowroot etc) . . . Modernly palatable (cashews/olives etc) . . . Refined foods (salt/sugars etc )
    Legumes (soy/beans/peas etc)

Paneristi is offline Member

Tarlach,,,enjoy your posts.

You say you exercise (hard) 3 days a week followed by 3 T bone steaks (zero BF and Lunch)

Please can you tell me what you consume on NON workout days (dont just say I eat when I&#39;m hungry) please elaborate and give examples...

Jedi is offline Member

We have shown that the more carbs you have, the worse your health is. Why assume that ZC is anything but better than VLC?

Tarlach, I am not being difficult but what dos this mean? where is the evidence? Some people do much better on 150gr of carbs than 30gr.... I don&#39;t get what you are saying?

Anand Srivastava is offline Senior Member

@robmedina

Why do you need your fiber supplements?

Do you suffer from constipation?

You need to read The Fiber Menace.

I think the book is over the top, but there are some good things to take away.

Insoluble fiber is not good for you. Soluble Fiber maybe good (not so according to the book, but according to Stephan WholeHealthSource).

You do need a healthy gut flora to have a normal BM, and to be able to handle undigested carbs and fibers. Try to get pre and probiotic capsules, that provide some healthy gut bacteria.

You might also want to add some uncooked fermented foods (like yogurt from raw milk), to get a larger spectrum of beneficial bacteria. Don&#39;t count yeast in healthy bacteria.

Gut Flora is also important for proper absorption of some minerals. They also create the B and K vitamins. The dryness problem may also be associated to lack of bacteria.

robmedina is offline Member

"Why not go all the way and go ZC?" this is what I mean- Why would I go "all the way ZC" Why isn&#39;t LC or VLC good enough?

As far as someone asking about fiber supplements - I take none , nor any other supplements. If I have to take supplements then this isn&#39;t the way we were "meant" to eat.

I am going to stick with my LC (which may be VLC0 i don&#39;t count the carbs or the calories), the way I have been eating for the past month (up until a week ago when I upped my fat) and continue down this path that is working for me.

Thanks for your responses.

Pikaia is offline Junior Member

"Why assume that ZC is anything but better than VLC?"

Because assumptions are weak. Show me some evidence that ZC is superior to VLC or LC.

Rob, there&#39;s no reason for you to go ZC unless you find that it feels best for you.

Repeat to yourself over and over that there&#39;s no one ideal diet. If you look into modern Hunter-Gatherer diets, which are possible approximations of what a "real" paleolithic diet might have looked like, you&#39;ll find a huge range of carb intake can result in good health.

Focus on the really important stuff: ditch the sugar and wheat, and focus on getting enough fat and protein. Eat veggies and small amounts of fruit as you prefer. And stop worrying about what others are doing. Listen to your body instead.

Pikaia is offline Junior Member

Rob, unless you are a lifeguard, consider reading up on vitamin D before refusing to supplement. It is a special case. You could consider taking vitamin D as replacement rather than supplementation. Food has never been a very good source of vitamin D. We&#39;re supposed to get vitamin D from the sun, but modern lifestyles rarely allow for enough sun exposure to meet our needs.

Michael Holick&#39;s talk is a good start, and he&#39;s really funny too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cq1t9WqOD-0

arthurb999 is offline Senior Member

the dry skin might be related to the dry winter weather...

You won&#39;t need any vitamin D supplements on ZC:
    [quote]

catastrophic vitamin D deficiency can be largely be ameliorated by eating meat</blockquote>

http://high-fat-nutrition.blogspot.c...uations-2.html

The "Seven Deadly Sins"

Grains (wheat/rice/oats etc) . . . . . Dairy (milk/yogurt/butter/cheese etc) . . . . . Nightshades (peppers/tomato/eggplant etc)
    Tubers (potato/arrowroot etc) . . . Modernly palatable (cashews/olives etc) . . . Refined foods (salt/sugars etc )

[quote]

You say you exercise (hard) 3 days a week followed by 3 T bone steaks (zero BF and Lunch)

Please can you tell me what you consume on NON workout days (dont just say I eat when I&#39;m hungry) please elaborate and give examples...
    </blockquote>

An typical example of a 3 day cycle would be:

Day before workout:

B: coffee

L: nil

D: 2lb of pork chops, some jerky.

Day of workout

B: coffee

L: nil

4pm: Workout for 50 mins

D: 2lb+ of steak, jerky, whatever else is laying around

Day after workout

B: 6-8 hard boiled eggs

S: Jerky

L: Large tin of tuna/salmon maybe some leftover sausages

S: Jerky

D: 2lb of lamb chops, whatever else I can find

... and repeat

The "Seven Deadly Sins"

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast