Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Any Texans? page 2

dsantana is offline Senior Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

I am in the Heights in Houston.

Shine is offline Member

I looks like quite a few of us are in the Austin area. We should meet up for lunch one weekend at The Salt Lick! Skip the potato salad and beans, and it's actually a nice big pile of meat and cole slaw! (I believe that their slaw is not too terribly high in sugar, if it has any at all.)

Anybody else game?

magnus84 is offline Member

Katy/Houston. Also spend a lot of time in San Antonio.

Not done yet...

Mr B Guest

I'd be game. We're within 3 hours driving of Austin and have people to stay with down there.

Asturian is offline Senior Member

Actually, the Coopers Bar-B-Q in Mason is more centrally located to San Angelo, Temple, Austin, Round Rock, and San Antonio.

And Coopers does not slather the meat in sauce like the Salt Lick (which I think has sugar in it). Coopers does have a vinegar-based sauce made with meat drippings that you can add or just go without for fire roasted/smoked meat au natural.

Or if Mr. B doesn't mind driving a little farther than the rest, the original Coopers Pit in Llano is even better. It has the character of Texas that attracts many from around the world.

“It is a truism that almost any sect, cult, or religion will legislate its creeds into law if it acquires the political power to do so, and will follow it by suppressing opposition, subverting all education to seize early the minds of the young, and by killing, locking up, or driving underground all heretics.”
    —Robert A. Heinlein

Shine is offline Member

Sounds good to me, Asturian. I have to admit that I've only been in Texas for a few years, so I'm still shaky on my Texas geography and such. I did notice that the Salt Lick tends to slather the meat.

Is this the place?

http://www.masontxcoc.com/member/cooper/

Chelc is offline Junior Member

Oh how exciting. Me and the husband would LOVE to meet up with some more primals. We also have 2 more friends in San Marcos who would be game I'm sure. There is a Cooper's Bar-b-que in New Braunfels too, not sure how that location relates to all the others listed but it is between Austin and San Antonio. We would be up for the Salt Lick in Austin too. Just keep the ideas rolling.

There is also wine tasting in New Braunfels for those who include it in their 20% .

P.S. We could always make our own primal bar-b-que sauce and the ladies can sneak it in with our purses if we decide to do bar-b-que.

http://www.coopersbbqnewbraunfels.com/

There is another bar-b-que place here (Rudy's) where the employees wear a shirt that says "We did not claw our way to the top of the food chain to eat vegetables". It made me smile.

JStrick is offline Senior Member

Hey guys!

names Jeffrey, and i live between in a little.. gas station town between Waco and Temple, right on I35.

Although i don't post on the forums ive been following the website and the forums for about 6 months.

I would love to meet up with y'all also!

Mason is bout a 3.5 hour drive for me i think.

Salt licks is around half that.

Honestly though to get to connect with fellow Grok's would be great, my community is really not into it.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast