Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Lean Saloon page

john_e_turner_ii is offline Senior Member

The Lean Saloon

Shop Now
    Anyone know what happened to the Lean Saloon website and blog? I liked Johnny's posts, but it seems to be down now.

rayout is offline Senior Member
    Might be transitioning away from Godaddy as the domain registrar like many others due to GoDaddy's support of SOPA legislation which would curtail internet freedom in the US. Reports are that GoDaddy is holding back the authorization code for folks that are switching in retaliation.

Sue
    Sue is offline Senior Member
    I was trying to find his site too but he is on Facebook.
    Rayout, thanks didn't know that.

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rayout View Post
    Might be transitioning away from Godaddy as the domain registrar like many others due to GoDaddy's support of SOPA legislation which would curtail internet freedom in the US. Reports are that GoDaddy is holding back the authorization code for folks that are switching in retaliation.
    I'd respect him a lot if he was doing that. I heard GoDaddy with drew their support as a business move though.

Daemonized is offline Senior Member
    Theleansaloon.com is still down and the facebook site hasn't been updated in a long time. It looks to me like Johnny has thrown in the towel as far as blogging goes. In my opinion he was a great balance in the intermittent fasting community to more extremists like Martin Berkhan (whom I also have a lot of respect for).

Voyageur is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemonized View Post
    Theleansaloon.com is still down and the facebook site hasn't been updated in a long time. It looks to me like Johnny has thrown in the towel as far as blogging goes. In my opinion he was a great balance in the intermittent fasting community to more extremists like Martin Berkhan (whom I also have a lot of respect for).
    The Lean Saloon | Intermittent Fasting. Liberate Your Life.

Not sure if Johnny 'threw in the towel' or not, but I think he might have more important things to do at the moment than worry about our health. Fatherhood was on his horizon - not sure of the due date....

There is a huge difference between talking about how to do something and getting it fucking done.

Sue
    Sue is offline Senior Member
    On Facebook he says that he will set up the new website in the early part of the new year and that his baby is almost 5 months old. So imagine he has other more important things on his mind. I do look forward to his site being up again as he makes a lot of sense.

Tee
    Tee is offline Senior Member
    Been wondering about him.

WarlordBlade is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    The Lean Saloon is definitely one of my favorite philosophies about IF and exercise.
    Definitely hope to see him back soon!
    As a father myself - I definitely understand how kids can TOTALLY change the entire trajectory of whatever plans you might have had! So best wishes to Johnny whether he comes back or not!
    ~It's All Relative!~
    34 - 5'11" CW - 159 GW - 175 10% BF or less!

Primal Journal
    Fitness Blog - Instagram
    Join me on Fitocracy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast