Thread: Non-primal Xmas page

DeeDub is offline Senior Member

Non-primal Xmas

Primal Fuel
    I tried. I failed miserably. No regrets, just get back on the wagon on Monday, in the big scheme of things 48 hours of indulgence isn't going to kill me.

Merry Xmas, Happy holidays, all!

Lolly is offline Member
    I don't even try. I just make sure that what I eat off-paleo is REALLY WORTH IT to me. I enjoy it in the moment, and just as much, I enjoy getting right back to my preferred food choices.

cave-e8r is offline Member
    I fought the good fight all night long tonight. And lost. I'm not even trying tomorrow, Monday is a new day, back on it full swing. Until then, I can honestly say, I'm not enjoying it.

Sol y Sombra is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolly View Post
    I don't even try. I just make sure that what I eat off-paleo is REALLY WORTH IT to me. I enjoy it in the moment, and just as much, I enjoy getting right back to my preferred food choices.
    Same here. In Bulgaria a traditional Christmas Eve dinner means lots of sauerkraut stuffed with rice, white bread (the bread is baked in individual portions and there's a coin in one of them - if you get the coin, you are supposed to get lucky in your finances during the coming year, anyway, I didn't get the coin), peppers stuffed with beans (which we skipped this year), pumpkin pie, nuts and fruit (dried and fresh). I did have modest servings of everything, because it's foods I enjoy and they are definitely worth it, especially once a year. And no regrets Fortunately, I don't seem to have any indigestion issues today.

On the other hand Christmas lunch is pork and beef with sauerkraut
    Last edited by Sol y Sombra; 12-25-2011 at 12:05 AM.

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sol y Sombra View Post
    Same here. In Bulgaria a traditional Christmas Eve dinner means lots of sauerkraut stuffed with rice, white bread (the bread is baked in individual portions and there's a coin in one of them - if you get the coin, you are supposed to get lucky in your finances during the coming year, anyway, I didn't get the coin), peppers stuffed with beans (which we skipped this year), pumpkin pie, nuts and fruit (dried and fresh). I did have modest servings of everything, because it's foods I enjoy and they are definitely worth it, especially once a year. And no regrets Fortunately, I don't seem to have any indigestion issues today.

On the other hand Christmas lunch is pork and beef with sauerkraut
    I just went to a Bulgarian dinner last week. The food was soooo good and pretty much all of it was primal (except desert ). Lots of nightshades, but other than that I had no problem having a primal meal. I had no idea I was such a fan of Bulgarian cuisine!

Sol y Sombra is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    I am glad you enjoyed it Of course, there are primal dishes in our cuisine, like the traditional Christmas lunch we are having today, but otherwise the Bulgarian "diet" is heavily based on bread, beans and potatoes. Sure, yogurt and feta cheese are staples too, but people do eat a lot of unhealthy carbs on a daily basis, probably because they are cheaper. That said, many dishes can be "primalized"