Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Under 100 carbs, what to eat? page 3

lil_earthmomma is offline Senior Member

Shop Now

iniQuity, try to encorporate some coconut milk into your diet, esp if you do protein shakes or anything. It's very delicious, has a ton of healthy nutrients and benefits, and is a good source of fat.

The more I see the less I know for sure.
    -John Lennon

iniQuity is offline Senior Member

Yeah I want to get some coconut oil and perhaps some butters, almond butter and such. What would I use that butter on though? my butter usage is limited to rolls

I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

Griff is offline Senior Member

iniQuity: add butter to anything you're cooking. I use it with eggs and with chicken and in my curries. I also add coconut oil. And really, I don't see how ground beef will do more harm than good - it's high-fat, it's protein, and it's no-carb. What's not to like?

Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

Hahaha I guess you got a point there! I will try a stir fry with coconut oil and almond butter to see what's what. Thanks again

arthurb999 is offline Senior Member

BMI is utter garbage.... do NOT use that as a measurement at all... it does not take into account muscle mass.

If you're strength training 3x a week and doing the boxing and BJJ, you're getting plenty of conditioning in. You should be able to stay around 100 and be fine.

Fat makes you full, sugar makes you fat...

Well I'm trying (successfully thus far) to strength train 3x, going to start doing some HIIT after that also (I know there's some mixed feelings here about that, but I feel I really need to do more cardio, could me my 'old school' mentality but I need to feel "tired" to know I've achieved something, plus I want to up my HGH) and I'm doing BJJ about twice-thrice a week, not boxing except for some Fridays if I'm not working. I'm only doing BJJ this month because it's free, not sure if I'll stick with it though I really like it thus far.

danmerk23 is offline Junior Member

iniQuity, I had the same epiphany about 3 months ago really. I was just getting settled into the PB wisdom for 6 months and realized I was still not getting enough fat in via meats, and oils. I was always hungry and my CW told me to eat more fruits and veggies.

Today I notice the only time of day where things are hardest for me is late in the evening. I get cravings for food and that is usually from dinner being so light. Monday I started adding in more lard, butter, coconut oils in my dinner and I was not so hungry.

It's normal to begin thinking fats are bad. We've had several generations that began this temporary movement of fat as an enemy, but there are millions of years against that theory and hopefully the old wisdom will eventually go away. It's just sad it will be at the expense of my generation who has been duped into buying statins to lower serum cholesterol brought on by this low fat diet craze.

Eat cheap cuts of clean meats and you will be fine. Give yourself a break from eating chicken breasts and broccoli. I'll never eat that again.

Amen Daniel!

Isn't it funny/ sad how brainwashed we all were? Even though you KNOW a change of mind is necessary, we still run into "I just can't wrap my head around this" mentality!

I even knew full fat was good for me, but I was stuck being told by 'exercise/ trainers/ dietitians/ experts' that more cardio, less fat and calories were the ticket to losing my weight! I had to literally starve myself with stupid (carb-heavy) shakes as my only meals!

Now, I eat protein smothered in fat/ oil and a side of veggies and maybe an egg or two and I am full for hours!

EMBRACE THE FAT!!!! ;-)

I'm going to start getting more red meats then, another "devil" I avoided for some time, and I just thought eating chicken/turkey/fish was better for you than red meats. I'll give them another go and incorporate those into my stir frys instead of chicken. I got some coconut oil and will cook with that tonight. Hmmm how about minerals and nutrients from veggies? I have always read/been told that you can overdose on vegetables but now that I'm discovering many of them can eventually pack a punch carb wise I'm starting to fear them.

I don't want to become obsessive about food, I want to reach a point where I feel comfortable with the foods I make for myself but all the back-and-forth you find on the net can be very frustrating. This certainly applies to fitness as well.

I meant to say "you can overdose on vegetables and be lean, healthy, etc"

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast