Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Under 100 carbs, what to eat? page 2

fbw
    fbw is offline Junior Member

Shop Now

more MEAT. BACON.

Griff is offline Senior Member

How about cheap, high-fat ground beef? Chicken and turkey with the skin on - dark meat, please. How about pork? Bacon? Eggs - I eat six or seven a day, most days. How about coconut oil? How about high-fat cheese - granted, not as Primal as some, but it's still high-fat. How about butter?There's dozens of high-fat foods you can eat that don't have as many carbs as nuts and avocado.

Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

Progenitor is offline Junior Member

Also consider Pork Belly, it is the same cut as bacon. Be liberal with the use of lard, ghee and other oils when cooking. Cream could be good too if you tolerate low amounts of dairy carbs/protein.

iniQuity is offline Senior Member

This is too much for me to take in right now, it goes pretty much against everything I've learned. I'm down with questioning conventional thinking but phey, I'm going to need some time to process all this. I think even psychologically I have an adverse reaction to those foods, it's hard for me to will myself to eat high fat stuff on purpose.

How about ice cream? I do love ice cream ...

I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

Sue
    Sue is offline Senior Member

Not if the icecream is loaded with sugar.

David is offline Senior Member

I can relate to this topic, too. Have had trouble losing the last baby fat around my waist for the last 2 years. Have tried increasing protein, reducing carb intake, increasing fat, decreasing fat. Use Crossfit as my exercise program, etc... There seems to be no easy solution when trying to lose the last unwanted BF. Now, I'm trying increased protein intake (which makes my belly extend out when eating 110g to 140g of protein), reduce fat and reduced carb intake. Trouble is I believe I need more veggies to avoid being constipated so much!

I will keep tinkering but am lead to believe everybodies body functions differently. There appears to be no magic bullet for losing the last tough BF to reach goal BF and composition.

Ok I think I was getting confused thinking I had to eat physical quantities of fat when it seems as though I can just eat the fat of the animal proteins I eat? chicken skin, stuff like that? and compliment with bacon, eggs, pork?

I was just taken back by your recommendation of ground beef! I haven't been able to look at ground beef as a positive in a very long while.

I guess being a rookie at this I was thinking I had to eat more physical quantities of fat (I was literally picturing lard and having to sit there with a spoon, stupid, I know) and eating less protein and less vegetables. Am I more on the right thinking now?

Griff is offline Senior Member

iniQuity: If you eat 70-80% of your calories as fat, and the remainder as protein, and trace carbs (a few grams per day), you'll be on the right track.

Eat full-fat food - real food, not fake food. I have a ribeye steak at least once or twice a week. I make ground-beef curries, no-pasta stroganoffs, and bean-free chilis with the full-fat ground beef. Put a roasting chicken in the oven and eat half of it now, then save half of it for later. Make sure you eat the skin and the dark meat, which is where most of the fat naturally occurs in a bird.

I will also augment my fat intake with a tablespoon or two of coconut oil and lemon-flavored cod-liver oil every day. My husband and I will make fried cheese and lick the fat off the plate when we're done with the cheese. Fat is *necessary,* carbs are dangerous (and on that note you might want to check out the new thread I just started, about how you won't gain weight eating fat unless you're also eating carbs, and why).

Hope this helps!

Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

FlyNavyWife is offline Senior Member

also when you're cooking veggies, saute them in some coconut oil, or coat them in olive oil and roast in the oven. or steam them and then top with butter or a homemade dressing made with olive oil.

No, fat isn't a separate lump on your plate... it "comes with" the proteins you're eating (if you let it - like chicken skin, like you said) and acts to flavor everything too (like w/the veggies). Once you let go of the fear of fat, it's easy to "get it in" just by not avoiding it.

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

hmm thanks guys, I'm going to start implementing more fat into my diet then. Griff, I appreciate your dedicated replies but I feel as though eating high fat ground beef will do more damage than good especially because I was hoping to take more of a paleo approach to the PB. I think I'm going to sick to lean cuts of meat but will let some skin hang out and I don't mind chicken skin at ALL I love it in fact but I do admit I have gotten so used to making sure my meat is as lean as a I can get it that it's going to take some getting used to. Appreciate the replies.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast