Thread: Monsanto's GMO Corn Linked To Organ Failure, Study Reveals page

RedMenace is offline Senior Member

Monsanto's GMO Corn Linked To Organ Failure, Study Reveals

Shop Now
    Not that we need convincing about GMO corn. But the fact that these sorts of results are coming out of new research coupled with the fact that Monsanto corn is pretty much in everything is both scary and depressing.

Monsanto's GMO Corn Linked To Organ Failure, Study Reveals

"....These substances have never before been an integral part of the human or animal diet and therefore their health consequences for those who consume them, especially over long time periods are currently unknown."
    Prions are natures way of telling us that cannibalism is for losers.

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36522.html

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    I personally believe that certain kinds of GMO are safe... like hybridized organisms, for example. BUT the ones with genes directly inserted to resist toxins (which are therefore dosed with toxins, which we're therefore likely to get ourselves) are the scariest ones to me. This corn, for example.

That journal looks quite legit to me, too, judging by the editorial board: Editorial Board - International Journal of Biological Sciences
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    i'm pretty sure monsanto knows and doesn't give a shit. i'm also pretty sure 9-% of the people who read this will shrug, say 'what can you do?' and not give a shit
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Issabeau is offline Senior Member
    Good thing us primals don't eat corn, eh?

And I do believe 99% of the population don't care...their illness is like a buddy, and it's hard to say good-bye. They'd rather multiple ailments than be perfectly healthy and end up being hte odd one out. Cause all their friends and family members are all ill, too. Woulnd't want to break any habits and having to think about forming new habits, it's HARD WORK! =P

Oh yeah, people do not give a crap. Neither does Monsanto. They care about profit, that's what companies are for. I just wish there was a way to shake everyone in the world and go "LOOK AT WHAT YOU'RE EATING! Corn that excretes PESTICIDES!"

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    On a somewhat related note, go India: https://foodfreedom.wordpress.com/20...for-biopiracy/

jammies is offline Senior Member
    The problem may be solving itself: Major Pest May Be Resistant To Genetically Modified Corn

I have absolutely NO idea if this is true, but I once saw a non-traditional MD who told me that the Bt gene that is inserted into the GMO corn has actually been picked up by some peoples gut bacteria. Apparently the bacteria start producing the toxin right in your gut - so no need to even keep eating GMO corn. I must confess I'm a little suspicious of this. Bacteria tend to kick out DNA that they don't need or get out-competed in their microenvironment. Plus, I'm not sure how much DNA is left intact in most corn products - but I thought it was interesting!

oxide is offline Senior Member
    The article was written on Huffington Post in late 2010, and this is the first I've heard of it.
    Monsanto must have bought off the news channels and the government.
    I give up.
    5'0" female, 43 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Current weight: skinny-fat 106.5 lbs because of sugar cheating.

MY PRIMAL: I (try to) follow by-the-book primal as advocated by Mark Sisson, except for whey powder and a bit of cream. I aim for 80-90 g carb/day and advocate a two-month strict adjustment for newbies. But everybody is different and other need to tweak Primal to their own needs.

Quote Originally Posted by iniQuity View Post
    On a somewhat related note, go India: https://foodfreedom.wordpress.com/20...for-biopiracy/
    Go India indeed. They have a lot to sue Monsanto over. Like this: Monsanto

Quote Originally Posted by jammies View Post
    The problem may be solving itself: Major Pest May Be Resistant To Genetically Modified Corn

I have absolutely NO idea if this is true, but I once saw a non-traditional MD who told me that the Bt gene that is inserted into the GMO corn has actually been picked up by some peoples gut bacteria. Apparently the bacteria start producing the toxin right in your gut - so no need to even keep eating GMO corn. I must confess I'm a little suspicious of this. Bacteria tend to kick out DNA that they don't need or get out-competed in their microenvironment. Plus, I'm not sure how much DNA is left intact in most corn products - but I thought it was interesting!
    I do not believe that's how it works. It sort of sounds like someone might have been confusing virii and bacteria and genes and whole DNA.

Or, at least, I'm pretty sure that would produce the kind of sick people who would be undeniable and eventually change policy. Bt isn't new, so I kinda doubt this is even a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by oxide View Post
    The article was written on Huffington Post in late 2010, and this is the first I've heard of it.
    Monsanto must have bought off the news channels and the government.
    I give up.
    Meh. They're all owned by the same people.

Don't give up! We can continue to flout strange corporate powers and social morays and be better looking and better educated while doing it.