Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How do you handle cleaning? page

Conner P. is offline Senior Member

How do you handle cleaning?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Not quite nutrition exactly, but it is the dark side of cooking something scrumptious: cleaning the dishes.

Being in college, I find cleaning dishes to be a time sink and not to mention a bore. Sometimes it is hard to get to my dishes and wares after eating and the stuff just cakes on and is near impossible to get off.

So what tricks do yall use to minimize the clean up in the first place and/or make the clean up manageable say when you have let something cake on?

kitoi is offline Senior Member
    After eating I give the plate a scrape and quick rinse then set it aside for the next meal. I will use the same plate/bowl/utensil for 3-5day before actually washing it thoroughly.

Hardwarehank is offline Senior Member
    Eliminating procrastination is key. Having a dog for pre-rinse helps too.

norak is offline Senior Member
    Having a dishwasher solved this problem for me.
    Norak's Primal Journal:
    2010-07-23: ~255lbs, ~40.0"
    2011-11-03: ~230lbs, ~35.5"
    2011-12-07: ~220lbs, ~34.0"

oxide is offline Senior Member
    Acid works to cut grease. Vinegar, lemon, lime.
    5'0" female, 43 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Current weight: skinny-fat 106.5 lbs because of sugar cheating.

MY PRIMAL: I (try to) follow by-the-book primal as advocated by Mark Sisson, except for whey powder and a bit of cream. I aim for 80-90 g carb/day and advocate a two-month strict adjustment for newbies. But everybody is different and other need to tweak Primal to their own needs.

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    It's dishes. Just do it.

You'll find a whole lot of adult life is a time sink and a bore. Housework is a fact of life, unless you can pay someone else to do it for you.

marqueemoon is offline Senior Member
    Stop being a man child and wash your fucking dishes.

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marqueemoon View Post
    Stop being a man child and wash your fucking dishes.
    LOL I was thinking this but wasn't going to say it.

Conner P. is offline Senior Member
    I do them, it's just that frequently time constraints get in my way of getting to them right away. I end up running out the door with the last bits of food in my hand to make it class or something else, after having just had to stick the dishes in room because I didn't have time to get to them. I live in a house with one kitchen and 10 house mates, 4 of which use the kitchen as frequently as me. And we don't have a dishwasher.

It's not like I have a problem with doing dishes. It just turns into a matter of cleaning dishes right away or being late for work/class or not eating at all for quite a few hours. I wasn't asking as a way to avoid dishes; if i wanted to do that I would just blow my money on a campus food plan. All I want is tips to make the process easier in general, especially when stuff does have a chance to get caked on.

So...unless you have something to contribute, don't bother berating me for being a "child" and take your trolling elsewhere.

Hardwarehank is offline Senior Member
    Having a sense of humor goes a long way in life.

If shit's caked on not much else you can do except for letting it soak for a bit in hot water and detergent. To prevent caking during the cooking process you could grease the cooking implement or even line it with foil if applicable. Like when I roast sweet potatoes in the oven I'll put a layer of foil down on the baking pan so I don't have to do any clean up. Just ball up the foil and toss.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast