Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sugar page

driftwood is offline Senior Member

Sugar

Shop Now
    I am ok with cutting out sugar right - for the most part. AHEM.

I drink three cups of coffee a day. Each with 3 raw sugars = 9 raw sugars. This is my only vice. I love coffee with sugar

Claraflo is offline Member
    Try using palm or coconut sugar instead. Its an unrefined sugar with a much lower glycemic load than cane sugar. I use it in my coffee and it tastes great. I also dont think theres a lot wrong with unrefined sugars as long as we keep them in the quantities that might occur if we were foraging. Very low compared to our total food intake. The problem with sugar is not nessarily the substance but the fact weve made them a major food group instead of a condiment.

ljq309 is offline Senior Member
    Ha ha, that's a pretty good vice! I have a son and OH who drink 'tea' and 'coffee' like you. You're not drinking coffee, you're having a sweet drink. I'll bet you don't even like coffee???
    Lost the weight using CW. Now I just want to be healthier.
    Lisa's primal-ish when she feels like it journal.
    Feel free to read and/or comment, but don't expect me to listen.
    Distance walked 2012: 321 kms as of June 15.

peril is offline Senior Member
    If you insist on have so much sweetener, you'd be better off using glucose syrup rather than bombarding your liver with concentrated fructose.

Coffee tastes better when you can taste the coffee
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

DaisyEater is offline Senior Member
    That's a lot of sugar! Can you try cutting back the amount? Your taste buds should adjust. I know it's controversial but I use a little stevia extract in my coffee. Even though I wasn't a big sweets person before going paleo, I've noticed that my taste for sweet has naturally gone down. I use about 1/3 as much as I did when I first started.

Primalest is offline Senior Member
    I think that's definitely more sugar than you want to be putting in yourself.

Try stevia (brand: Truvia). I actually kind of like the stuff in a few things (although I can't have it right now - or my coffee for that matter - until I win the battle with GERD).

Personally, the longer I drank coffee, the more I just liked it black. Now I love it black... have to have it that way. Try adding less sugar each time for a while and see if you can get it lower. Even just getting it down to one or two packets would be an improvement. Then maybe try and keep lowering it. I promise, the black stuff gets addictive after a while. Try buying higher quality coffee. Might help if it tastes good.

jammies is offline Senior Member
    I'm all for a little flexibility, but that it quite a lot of sugar to take in every day. Maybe try making one cup of coffee with the sugar and then just refill the cup with coffee and cream each time it gets half empty without adding any sugar. It will gradually get less sweet.

The other option would just be to cut out the sugar cold turkey. Your taste buds adjust quickly. I love sweet stuff, but now the thought of three sugars in a coffee sounds terrible to me.

tradawg is offline Senior Member
    That's a lot of sugar, and a lot of coffee. Maybe cut back to two a day, and then gradually reduce the amount of sugar you use. I don't think a couple of teaspoons of sugar/day is a big deal, but 9 is pushing it. Have you tried something like coconut cream? It's sweet, so it might replace the need for so much sugar.
    $5 off iherb.com: QOC241

"Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good." - Voltaire

For nutrition/wellness tips:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/One...34671179916624

www.onelifeonebodynutritionaltherapy.com

Glamorama is offline Senior Member
    You'll never become a fat-burner with that mch sugar daily.

Unamused Mouse is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Watch all 5 parts of this video and then decide how much sugar you want to continue to consume...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast