Thread: New guy here, loving how I feel living primal!!! page

jimsiff is offline Junior Member

New guy here, loving how I feel living primal!!!

Hey everyone,

I'm just another new guy here who went primal a couple months ago. I'm 37, a husband and father of four, and have a sedentary desk job to look forward to each day! I haven't bought/read any books yet, just reading MDA and a few other blogs. I'd say I'm currently a solid 80/20'er and I've made huge progress. My energy is up, my BF% is down, and I feel great overall.

I've always struggled to maintain a consistently healthy weight on the SAD. About seven years ago, I was determined to make a change after several years of creeping weight gain. I followed typical dogma, eating less and exercising a LOT more. I dropped from about 295 down to 200, but no matter how hard I worked, I was never lean and I always had to be hyper-conscious of my eating habits for fear of relapse. It was an unsustainable situation, so I ended up yo-yoing between 200-240 from 2006 until this fall when I said enough is enough.

I'm now down to 193, just starting to see a six pack and still making consistent progress in body recomposition. I still do some sort of workout daily (even if it's just a few minutes), but nowhere near the intensity or frequency as before. I eat what I want (but primal), I'm rarely hungry, and the crack (carb) cravings are largely gone.

My main goals are to remain healthy long term without the weight roller coaster, stay sustainably lean, and enjoy life to its fullest. So far, I'm stoked with my progress and I feel like my journey is just beginning. The great thing is that my family is seeing the results and are now starting to take steps down the same road I've been going.

Thanks for reading,

Jim

wesrman is offline Member
    Welcome
    Character is both developed and revealed by tests, and all of life is a test.
    -Rick Warren

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Welcome Jim! I'm glad primal is working for you.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

tinawalker is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Welcome! You have found an amazing group of people here on this forum! They keep me very motivated and balanced!

Start Date/Weight: December 6, 2011 - 203 lbs