Thread: DOh Doh Bird page

driftwood is offline Senior Member

DOh Doh Bird

Shop Now
    K folks, I need some help getting on the right path as far as intake. I get the book and am re-reading the diet section and all but was soon as I seen numbers and math, I just wanna take a nap so if you can help me figure this out, I would truly be grateful.

I need help figuring out calorie carb/protein/fat ratio.

I know we are not suppose to count calories etc, but giving me a some point of reference will have make this process more inuitive.

Weight: 170lbs
    Height: 5 10'
    Male.

Work out on average 3 times a week strength training. Mostly rings and parallets. Swim once a week. Off days will be casual stuff, not chronic cardio.

For the last two weeks I have been on 1200 calories a day because I want to loose weight before my vacation in two weeks so it's kinda a boot camp. But I need to do this right.

I know my daily intake should be about 1800 calories. Carbs should be 90 (rapid fat loss.) And fat?

jakey is offline Senior Member
    hang on, you're a 5'10" male at 170... how do you calculate that your daily intake should be 1800 calories? that's well below your basal metabolic rate. 1200 calories a day is just ridiculous, too. you can't have that much weight to lose, either.

haha.. yeh hardcore right. Well I sit ALL day at a computer so I calculated 1800 all just for pushing a mouse. If I don't work out, I'm two steps above a vegetable.

tradawg is offline Senior Member
    Do you feel okay eating 1800 or are you hungry? I'm assuming you eat more on the days you do strength training? That said, I would play around with it and see what works. Maybe start with 60f/30p/10c on non-workout days, and 20f/40p/40c on strength days.
    $5 off iherb.com: QOC241

"Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good." - Voltaire

For nutrition/wellness tips:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/One...34671179916624

www.onelifeonebodynutritionaltherapy.com

thanks tradawg.
    I barely make it to 1000 most days. I eat steam veggies mostly and feel very fine! But I do get tired, which I attribute to my slightly/somewhat under active thyroid. But I the better I feel the hungrier I start to feel. Last week I polished off a 20oz tbone like it was a cookie. SO I have the appetite but can also just ignore it.

I did strength training today and that felt AMAZING. I need to do more poretin for sure!

Misabi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jakey View Post
    hang on, you're a 5'10" male at 170... how do you calculate that your daily intake should be 1800 calories? that's well below your basal metabolic rate. 1200 calories a day is just ridiculous, too. you can't have that much weight to lose, either.
    I agree with this. 1200 calories a day consistently is stupidly low for someone your height and weight. Pretty sure the WHO class that as starvation...

If I were you I'd check your BMR calculations again.
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

nono that's not what am saying. My BMR is around 1800. Just saying I do fine on 1000. Perhaps that whole growing up in a third world country dealio is still in me.